18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Which Firearm have you bought more than once?

Rossi R92 357 16" stainless
Glock 19 OD Green
 
If they are different calibers or different models, they are NOT the same.

I have two Glock 34’s, both gen 3. They are both equipped with the same night sights (Trijicon) and the same Surefire lights, and they are hidden in two places in my home for easy access.
 
I have two mini 14's, a standard ranch and an NRA version. Three 10/22's, a pair of Ruger MkIII, one 22/45 and one SS target, wife and I have glock 19 twins as well as sequential serial # AR lowers, two remington 700's. I REALLY want to buy another P2000SK but in 9mm this time as the .40 is one of my favorite pistols.
 
If they are different calibers or different models, they are NOT the same.

I mean, you can say that, but as far as I'm concerned, all Glocks are the same gun, outside the G18. Literally show someone a G34 and G35 side by side and they will say it's exactly the same. Bigger, smaller, whatever. But I'm the same with 1911s. RIA or Wilson, same same. All variations of CZ75, same same. All mini's, same same. And especially all AR15s. Same damn gun.
 
If they are different calibers or different models, they are NOT the same.

I mean, you can say that, but as far as I'm concerned, all Glocks are the same gun, outside the G18. Literally show someone a G34 and G35 side by side and they will say it's exactly the same. Bigger, smaller, whatever. But I'm the same with 1911s. RIA or Wilson, same same. All variations of CZ75, same same. All mini's, same same. And especially all AR15s. Same damn gun.

So I guess you would say that Hillary Clinton and Sophia Loren are the same?
 
you can’t feed it the same ammo, or exchange any part between the two, it’s NOT the same.


You can 100% switch parts between Glocks. People do it all the time. It's like saying a regular Glock and an FDE Glock are somehow different. A variant doesn't equal a different gun.
 
You can’t switch ALL parts.

And the number one “part” you can’t switch is the caliber. They aren’t the same. Try running 10 mm ammo in a 9 mm gun. NOT THE SAME.
 
Talking about the exact same firearm (different caliber is ok), which one have you bought more than once ... and why?

I guess I'll start:

- a Glock 30S, 2 times. Really really liked that gun. .45ACP with the thin slide, and fit in 9mm holsters. Carried it for a couple years. Awesome carry gun. I sold it because I thought it was ugly. Bought it again because I regretted selling it. Got reminded that it was ugly and sold it again 😂

- an H&K P2000SK, 2 times. Loved the gun. I don't understand why I sold it the first time. Bought it back a couple years later, and sold it again to fund newer generation striker fireds. Regretted it instantly. I will not ever again sell an H&K.

- a S&W Shield, 2 times. Had the 1.0, loved it (with APEX trigger) and bought the Shield Plus. Essentially the same gun, just the trigger and mag capacity is different. Love the Shield.

- A Ruger GP100. 2 Times. Had the 6in barrel, and had my fun with it after a couple of years. Sold it, and then missed it after a couple more years, and bought the 4in.

How about you? Share your whims.
5 Glock 34
5 Glock 17
2 Glock 19
3 Glock 21
2 Glock 30
5 Glock 20
2 SP01
 
Back
Top Bottom