18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Who else can wait untill Jan.1

han_solo

Nerf herder
CAguns Supporter
2A
Messages
156
Classified ads
1
I h8te the 5 dros limit we have to endure in this state . I'm almost always sold out by Feb have had to switch to pokemon as a secondary hobbie. But I wait with baited breathe for Jan to return me to the adult man world of guns and gear .. anyone else have a stash ready to post up ?
 

Attachments

  • 75a22d47-44d1-40a1-a556-054d176fcfd9.webp
    75a22d47-44d1-40a1-a556-054d176fcfd9.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 45ee5ef7-923c-412b-9513-0d5deba590fa.webp
    45ee5ef7-923c-412b-9513-0d5deba590fa.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 4a73c7d6-baad-4816-b60d-109ec11e6159.webp
    4a73c7d6-baad-4816-b60d-109ec11e6159.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 83
  • f3146e6a-6327-4b0a-9563-846ff2063bc6.webp
    f3146e6a-6327-4b0a-9563-846ff2063bc6.webp
    126.4 KB · Views: 97
The PPT sales limit? Are you not selling multiple items at once, when possible, to double up? The limit is on transactions rather than individual firearms, in case that distinction is news to you.
 
This has been discussed on multiple threads.

It's completely ridiculous and yet another way to suppress 2A in California. There is nothing between consumer and FFL-01 in terms of any kind of license to sell. I bought it, I paid for it with my own money, I should be able to sell it to another lawful citizen. I can't even do > 5 transactions at a loss, so the claim that I'm potentially a commercial seller is nonsense.

Further the new 3 in 30 law constrains your ability to sell even further. If buyers can only buy 3 in 30, the MOST you can sell (without selling to an exempt person) is 15 guns per year, not 50 as the 5/50 law says. You have two CA laws that are actually in conflict with each other! 🤦🏼‍♂️
 
I can't find the 5 gun limit in the penial code, I think its just a fear mongering rumor. We've consigned 30+ guns from a customer and probably drosed 10+ in a month to separate people with no issue
 
I can't find the 5 gun limit in the penial code, I think its just a fear mongering rumor. We've consigned 30+ guns from a customer and probably drosed 10+ in a month to separate people with no issue
California Penal Code §16730(a) defines an “infrequent” sale of firearms as follows:

“The person conducts less than six transactions per calendar year.”

“The person sells, leases, or transfers no more than 50 total firearms per calendar year.”
The statute further provides:

“For purposes of this subdivision, ‘transaction’ means a single sale, lease, or transfer of any number of firearms.”
So the statutory limit for an unlicensed person relying on the “infrequent” sale provision is no more than 5 transactions per calendar year, with a separate maximum of 50 firearms total.
 
California Penal Code §16730(a) defines an “infrequent” sale of firearms as follows:


The statute further provides:


So the statutory limit for an unlicensed person relying on the “infrequent” sale provision is no more than 5 transactions per calendar year, with a separate maximum of 50 firearms total.
That's just a definition. The only think I can see that linking too is loaning your gun

Subdivision (a) of Section 31615 does not apply to the loan of a firearm if all of the following requirements are satisfied:

(a)​

The loan is infrequent, as defined in Section 16730.
 
That's just a definition. The only think I can see that linking too is loaning your gun

Subdivision (a) of Section 31615 does not apply to the loan of a firearm if all of the following requirements are satisfied:

(a)​

The loan is infrequent, as defined in Section 16730.
You're missing PC §26520. The definition in §16730 isn't limited to loans.

PC §26500 generally requires a dealer license to sell, lease, or transfer firearms.

PC §26520 then provides the exception:

“Section 26500 does not apply to the infrequent sale, lease, or transfer of firearms.”

And §26520(b) expressly says:

“As used in this section, ‘infrequent’ has the meaning provided in Section 16730.”

That's the statutory link: §26500 → §26520 → §16730.

§16730 then defines “infrequent” as less than six transactions per calendar year (plus the separate 50-firearm limit).

The loan provision you found is another use of the §16730 definition; it isn't the only one.
 
The last time I sold over 5 was during Covid to move impulse buys. While it sucks you might need to do a consignment and take a bigger loss to move stuff.
 
You're missing PC §26520. The definition in §16730 isn't limited to loans.

PC §26500 generally requires a dealer license to sell, lease, or transfer firearms.

PC §26520 then provides the exception:

“Section 26500 does not apply to the infrequent sale, lease, or transfer of firearms.”

And §26520(b) expressly says:

“As used in this section, ‘infrequent’ has the meaning provided in Section 16730.”

That's the statutory link: §26500 → §26520 → §16730.

§16730 then defines “infrequent” as less than six transactions per calendar year (plus the separate 50-firearm limit).

The loan provision you found is another use of the §16730 definition; it isn't the only one.
I was unable to find this, thank you for putting it in one place and able to make it easily followable
 
Well, when you buy a gun consignment, it is ran as a ppt in dros
I dont think so. You still pay the sin tax when buying in consignment too.
You can consign all of your guns at once, doesnt go against your PPTs. At least thats what ive been told. Same with internet sales, they dont count against you
 
I h8te the 5 dros limit we have to endure in this state . I'm almost always sold out by Feb have had to switch to pokemon as a secondary hobbie. But I wait with baited breathe for Jan to return me to the adult man world of guns and gear .. anyone else have a stash ready to post up ?
If you're selling so many guns per year why not become an FFL?
 
Back
Top Bottom