18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Year of the Glock 2026!

Sent it off. I told them to release things on a rolling basis, so it doesn't have to be all at once, in case that's causing the delay. I'd rather not spend $500 plus a process server to get eyes on this, but just a couple of smoking gun documents so we can see satiate our lust for Big Black Glocks, teehee.
 
Gotta wait until end of business today, and then I'll see about my options for filing. I have a TON of stuff going on at work right now keeping me busy, and several projects at home. Truthfully, using AI to file the CPRA requests and drafting followup emails is super easy. You just need to make sure it's precise in its language. Filing a Writ of Mandamus in Sacramento Superior Court, even electronically, is going to take some legwork. If someone wants to work with me on this, or has suggestions, I'm open to getting some help. Otherwise, it might have to wait a week or two before I can file, as my schedule is just in the way, right now.
 
RE: Needing help
First of all thanks for doing this. If you can publish links, forms, process, prompts etc on what you are doing and I'm happy to replicate repeat scale. Maybe do the same with other manufacturers (CZ, etc).

This is about scale and persistence. I'm clinical and persistent but when it comes to scale, we should leverage this community. 98% will just read, b*tch and talk about moving out of the state (but won't) but the 2% here will actually do something about it.
 
Status update: I have retained someone in the firearms community that is a practicing lawyer, and CAguns member. While his scope of practice isn't 2A, filing this Writ of Mandamus with his help will add layers of legitimacy and expediency to this effort. Filing this on my own is totally manageable, but would take longer. If you have questions, let me know.
 
Last edited:
Status update: I have retained someone in the firearms community that is a practicing lawyer, and CAguns member. While his scope of practice isn't 2A, filing this Writ of Mandamus with his help will add layers of legitimacy and expediency to this effort. Filing this on my own is totally manageable, but would take longer. If you have questions, let me know.
You should put up a link for patreon or Venmo or something for donations for this kind of work if the mods will allow it
 
You should put up a link for patreon or Venmo or something for donations for this kind of work if the mods will allow it

@ikeo1 I'd like to retain some sort of a guise of anonymity while I'm on here if I'm going to accept donations for this effort. Could you take in all the donations, hold it like an escrow, and then once everything is filed I'll present the receipts? If you have a better way of doing this, I'm game.
 
@ikeo1 I'd like to retain some sort of a guise of anonymity while I'm on here if I'm going to accept donations for this effort. Could you take in all the donations, hold it like an escrow, and then once everything is filed I'll present the receipts? If you have a better way of doing this, I'm game.
People have to know who they're donating to. We can't do that because I'd be paying taxes on it.
 
A quick update as to where we sit:

1. Counsel and I are actively coordinating via text.
2. I have forwarded all unredacted emails and the CPRA request to counsel.
3. Counsel will start taking a comprehensive look at our options this evening.

Any feedback is welcome. If the cost starts to spiral I will certainly post my Venmo link.
 
Is this all just to try to get confirmation that Glock has submitted something for roster testing? Isn't this just throwing time and money away for no reason? Like even if we got confirmation right now that they have submitted something, it doesn't guarantee that it will get approved, nor will it get us the guns here in Cali to purchase any sooner. Just seems needless I guess.
 
Is this all just to try to get confirmation that Glock has submitted something for roster testing? Isn't this just throwing time and money away for no reason? Like even if we got confirmation right now that they have submitted something, it doesn't guarantee that it will get approved, nor will it get us the guns here in Cali to purchase any sooner. Just seems needless I guess.

If you don’t care whether people want to know, then why complain about someone voluntarily spending their own time filing a records request? Nobody said confirmation guarantees approval or speeds anything up.

People are interested because it gives actual insight into whether anything is happening at all. If it doesn’t matter to you just ignore the thread.
 
If you don’t care whether people want to know, then why complain about someone voluntarily spending their own time filing a records request? Nobody said confirmation guarantees approval or speeds anything up.

People are interested because it gives actual insight into whether anything is happening at all. If it doesn’t matter to you just ignore the thread.
Wasn't complaining, I was just curious if there was some other benefit/goal I was missing here. Glock rep already said they'd have something for California this summer, which is why I was confused about going through all this trouble just to confirm what they already said.
 
Wasn't complaining, I was just curious if there was some other benefit/goal I was missing here. Glock rep already said they'd have something for California this summer, which is why I was confused about going through all this trouble just to confirm what they already said.
Example: maybe I really want a G17 or G34 but don’t want to spend $1200 right now. I might donate $20 to this effort to find out if it’s likely we’ll get a Gen 6 g17 in the summer and then just wait and save hundreds of dollars. Out maybe I just want it and am planning to meet someone for a g34 in the next few days lol. But I get why people might want to know and I commend dude for putting in the effort
 
Example: maybe I really want a G17 or G34 but don’t want to spend $1200 right now. I might donate $20 to this effort to find out if it’s likely we’ll get a Gen 6 g17 in the summer and then just wait and save hundreds of dollars. Out maybe I just want it and am planning to meet someone for a g34 in the next few days lol. But I get why people might want to know and I commend dude for putting in the effort
I get that. I've never been a fan of Glocks, but I did get to hold a gen 6 19 and honestly really liked the way it felt. They nailed the grip texture, and the trigger is a little better than the gen 3s. If it gets added, I'll be picking up either a 19 or 45.
 
If you don’t care whether people want to know, then why complain about someone voluntarily spending their own time filing a records request? Nobody said confirmation guarantees approval or speeds anything up.

People are interested because it gives actual insight into whether anything is happening at all. If it doesn’t matter to you just ignore the thread.
also, it's the principle. Government should be transparent. I don't give a shi about glocks but I do care about DOJ decision making. They are a public entity that is beholden to us.
 
I think this has sort of taken on a life of its own. If Scott @Route66ShootingSportsPark could provide us an update, it might take some of the wind out of our sails. With that said, I do agree with @Deleted member 16735, the government should be held to account, and its decision making is something that we should have access to. I did call the phone number and I left a voicemail regarding the public record request just to poke at it. Hopefully there will be something actionable, soon.
 
I think this has sort of taken on a life of its own. If Scott @Route66ShootingSportsPark could provide us an update, it might take some of the wind out of our sails. With that said, I do agree with @Deleted member 16735, the government should be held to account, and its decision making is something that we should have access to. I did call the phone number and I left a voicemail regarding the public record request just to poke at it. Hopefully there will be something actionable, soon.
Getting anything from them is like pulling teeth from a masochist. Realistically there shouldn't even be a roster or a need to submit anything for approval, but that's California for ya, lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom