18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics 2011/ 1911 DS Photo Thread

How was that process? Just send 2A the design and they order and do the SSE and then ship to your FFL?
correct. Make your build, then email 2azone the link to the build. You will need to check with your FFL first to make sure they are okay with doing SSE. Call 2Azone and they can walk you through the process. Where are you located? if you're in San Diego Area, Moreauworks is a dealer and can get you one as well. I made the drive from SD to 2Azone prior to Moreau becoming a dealer.

On a side note, I'm selling mine and it's posted in the classifieds.
 
correct. Make your build, then email 2azone the link to the build. You will need to check with your FFL first to make sure they are okay with doing SSE. Call 2Azone and they can walk you through the process. Where are you located? if you're in San Diego Area, Moreauworks is a dealer and can get you one as well. I made the drive from SD to 2Azone prior to Moreau becoming a dealer.

On a side note, I'm selling mine and it's posted in the classifieds.
I'm up in Sacramento or I would go to 2a zone for sure. Thanks for the info.
 
She’s treated me well for the past 3 years so I decided to give her a makeover.
 

Attachments

  • E99E543B-E337-43FD-B218-7B49FD151562.webp
    E99E543B-E337-43FD-B218-7B49FD151562.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 3B614DD8-E1E5-4531-9E35-68B81A12AC08.webp
    3B614DD8-E1E5-4531-9E35-68B81A12AC08.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 32
Picked her up!
There’s one you don’t see very often! I have the 4.6 Ares Ported. Is yours ported? Did you buy it new, or used?

Only reason I asked if it’s used is these had a problem with the first run. Frames were warped and caused the slide to slow so much it wouldn’t go into battery. I had to send mine in to Atlas to get a new frame
 
There’s one you don’t see very often! I have the 4.6 Ares Ported. Is yours ported? Did you buy it new, or used?

Only reason I asked if it’s used is these had a problem with the first run. Frames were warped and caused the slide to slow so much it wouldn’t go into battery. I had to send mine in to Atlas to get a new frame
Interesting! I was able to get it on consignment from 2Azone here in Riverside. From what i can tell the gun is brand new though. I’ll have to call atlas and find out, my serial number is rather low. But it’s the non ported 4.25”.
 
Interesting! I was able to get it on consignment from 2Azone here in Riverside. From what i can tell the gun is brand new though. I’ll have to call atlas and find out, my serial number is rather low. But it’s the non ported 4.25”.
Shoot it and see. If it’s having any malfunctions call Atlas. They’re very aware of the issue and more than helpful. PM me if you have any questions.
 
Recently re-built by Bolsa Gunsmithing in Westminster. They did a great job.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7015 copy.webp
    IMG_7015 copy.webp
    235.6 KB · Views: 26
Shoot it and see. If it’s having any malfunctions call Atlas. They’re very aware of the issue and more than helpful. PM me if you have any questions.
Sounds good! Taking it out tomorrow, will report back. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top Bottom