18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News 43x CA Edition on Roster

Latest news
I thought it was really interesting watching interviews with the guy who shot at the mass shooter in Idaho in August.

He had multiple malfunctions with his silenced 5.7 rig that he CCW's. Don't remember if he mentions it in the shorter interview or only the longer one on the Garand Thumb channel



Made me wonder why you would CCW a silenced gun, when that dramatically increases the risks of malfunctions.

Also made me take a look at my own firearms and what work I had done on them, and how reliable they might be.

Risk assessment is always a great introspective exercise.

Many reasons including saving your hearing. Also the active shooter had no idea where the first few rounds were coming from.
 
I thought it was really interesting watching interviews with the guy who shot at the mass shooter in Idaho in August.

He had multiple malfunctions with his silenced 5.7 rig that he CCW's. Don't remember if he mentions it in the shorter interview or only the longer one on the Garand Thumb channel



Made me wonder why you would CCW a silenced gun, when that dramatically increases the risks of malfunctions.

Also made me take a look at my own firearms and what work I had done on them, and how reliable they might be.

Risk assessment is always a great introspective exercise.
I wonder the same thing about people running Ramjets. In my experience, not only does the ramjet make the pistol crazy ass loud without ears on, but it make it struggle with some ammo. Changing the springs would fix it for the lighter ammo but then messed up the heavy stuff. Where are the Glock is tuned out of the box to eat everything without issue.

Rand toy, sure. CCW, hell no.
 
I wonder the same thing about people running Ramjets. In my experience, not only does the ramjet make the pistol crazy ass loud without ears on, but it make it struggle with some ammo. Changing the springs would fix it for the lighter ammo but then messed up the heavy stuff. Where are the Glock is tuned out of the box to eat everything without issue.

Rand toy, sure. CCW, hell no.
The key is to have a non ported/comped training gun and your carry be ported/comped with similar weight bullets but +p or some 9bple +p+.
 
I wonder the same thing about people running Ramjets. In my experience, not only does the ramjet make the pistol crazy ass loud without ears on, but it make it struggle with some ammo. Changing the springs would fix it for the lighter ammo but then messed up the heavy stuff. Where are the Glock is tuned out of the box to eat everything without issue.

Rand toy, sure. CCW, hell no.
Didnt he miss every shot ?
 
The key is to have a non ported/comped training gun and your carry be ported/comped with similar weight bullets but +p or some 9bple +p+.
I wonder the same thing about people running Ramjets. In my experience, not only does the ramjet make the pistol crazy ass loud without ears on, but it make it struggle with some ammo. Changing the springs would fix it for the lighter ammo but then messed up the heavy stuff. Where are the Glock is tuned out of the box to eat everything without issue.

Rand toy, sure. CCW, hell no.
Im not a fan of ramjets. It makes the profile longer (43 with ramjet turns into a 48) Might as well carry 48. If you compare a43x with a ramjet to a 48 the recoil reduction is not that great.

Personally all my carry pistols are ported by United. Never had a single issue with ammo
 
I wonder the same thing about people running Ramjets. In my experience, not only does the ramjet make the pistol crazy ass loud without ears on, but it make it struggle with some ammo. Changing the springs would fix it for the lighter ammo but then messed up the heavy stuff. Where are the Glock is tuned out of the box to eat everything without issue.

Rand toy, sure. CCW, hell no.
I added a Ramjet to my p365 because it was cheaper than buying a new barrel/slide to upgrade to xmacro size. It eats everything I put through it. Mostly 115 and my 147 HSTs. I am running a DPM with the 12lb spring.
 
Im not a fan of ramjets. It makes the profile longer (43 with ramjet turns into a 48) Might as well carry 48. If you compare a43x with a ramjet to a 48 the recoil reduction is not that great.

Personally all my carry pistols are ported by United. Never had a single issue with ammo
it doesnt have to be a ramjet. though i have 1 for a gen 6 which I dont want permanently modified. I prefer Mag-na-port. a 48 with mag-na-port is what I would do for a comped carry gun.
 
I prefer united as the results are a bit better but as long as we both agree ramjets are stupid
I dont think its stupid. Depends on your use case. If you have a gun you cant or dont want permanently modified then it makes sense.

Magnaport cost about 60-80 in shipping both ways plus auto porting 180 +

so roughly $250 + - 2-3weeks gun is down.

Ramjet $400 OTD so a $150 premium BUT No Down time, Can return to stock in less than a minute AND you can easily get some if not most ROI if you decide to sell.

I havent seen a ramjet that didn't shoot as good as a glock marksman barrel and I personally haven't seen any appreciable reduction in reliability. But I clean comped or ported guns more often than most people do.

Definitely has a place for me.
 
Whelp I never shot a moving target with an AR-15 shooting at you, with a suppressed subsonic 5.7 at 55-70 yards in combat either, so I'm not passing judgement
I'm not passing any judgment. I'm not sure the type of gun shooting at you or the distance it's shooting you from unless it's from some ridiculous distance from a true sniper's hide is relevant. The whole point of carrying a gun is to confront a killer in all the situations that we find ourselves in daily, whether that be Costco, in n out, the work parking lot etc, that's all inside a 100 yds and sometimes farther for some.

All that to say, if you're gonna take a 60 yd shot, I would hope you have Trained that shot prior to taking it to ensure the highest possible chance of success.
 
I'm not passing any judgment. I'm not sure the type of gun shooting at you or the distance it's shooting you from unless it's from some ridiculous distance from a true sniper's hide is relevant. The whole point of carrying a gun is to confront a killer in all the situations that we find ourselves in daily, whether that be Costco, in n out, the work parking lot etc, that's all inside a 100 yds and sometimes farther for some.

All that to say, if you're gonna take a 60 yd shot, I would hope you have Trained that shot prior to taking it to ensure the highest possible chance of success.
It’s not passing judgement to say he was ill equipped over all. He admitted that he carried that gun regularly for the “vibes” and because he liked splinter cell. Any modern pistol with a red dot vs irons will have a significantly better chance at hitting a target at distance. He certainly inserted in himself into a situation that people on this website have admitted they’d run away from because “their safety comes first” so I’ll give him that but it also serves as a reminder that the gun you carry should be for serious use and that everyone should dabble in pushing their pistol farther on a semi regular basis
 
Back
Top Bottom