18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

A better Glock trigger

IMHO, if you want a better trigger, get a gun with a better trigger. Glock's selling point is reliability. Messing with the trigger on a Glock will most likely make it less reliable, defeating the point of having one. I agree that Glock triggers suck, but they are what they are: a reliable handgun I can count on if I ever need it to save my life. I don't own Glocks for anything other than self-defense, and I don't run optics on them either because the trigger is so heavy; optics are kind of a waste.
Thus why you buy HK: Ultra reliability and good ergos and trigger lol
 
I just installed a Ghost 3.5 Standard connector and am not impressed.
It's for a Glock that is only a target pistol.
Is there a better connector out there? Something closer to 2lbs?
You can get either the Glock performance Trigger or the timney trigger and with the correct connector can get close to 2 lb I use a DOT connector and I'm in the upper threes low fours which is perfect for me
 
I just installed a Ghost 3.5 Standard connector and am not impressed.
It's for a Glock that is only a target pistol.
Is there a better connector out there? Something closer to 2lbs?
The best drop in Connector that I've encountered so far is the Ghost Unit Performance.

That said, by itself it's not incredibly impressive, you'll want to do some more modifications to optimize.

My go-to setup is something to this effect:

-0.25 Trigger job
-Reduced power connector (Ghost, OEM Minus, etc.)
-Pre-travel and overtravel removal to taste (not recommended for DIY unless you know what you're doing)

This can produce a much better Glock trigger, but you have to be careful not to set it up where it defeats the safeties. This setup is for my non-carry Glocks.

Carry Glocks I get a drop in reduced power connector, 0.25 Trigger Job & reduce overtravel.
 
I had a Timney Alpha something or another and hated it. How might this compare to it?

I don’t have experience with the Alpha so I can’t say how it compares but I did own M&P 2.0 with the Overwatch kit and the TT Ace is very similar. Short take up, crisp break and the trigger will push your finger out to the reset point. It’s 100% worth if you are looking to push your Glock to the limit.
 
But wasn’t the TT called out by JG and others, maybe Ben Stoeger too (??), for not being drop-safe or something along those lines? And didn’t TT eventually issue a recall? Has TT fixed the problem?
 
I put a glock performance trigger in mine. Playing around with different springs and was able to get it to a hair trigger. Not what I wanted. So I kept trying different ones until I got where I liked it. But it was probably sub 1 lb at one point. Never touched the striker spring.

Just rounded over the striker safety and the trigger block spring to a different ones I have in my spring kit. Couldn't tell you what one. Just playing around with different springs until I got what worked

I also sanded the little trigger dingus to be flush with the trigger when pulled
 
yes but supposedly it's fixed. supposedly LOL.

Oh my!!! 😂
For a $300 trigger, you’d think they would’ve done a little more homework before releasing the first generation.

I put a glock performance trigger in mine. Playing around with different springs and was able to get it to a hair trigger. Not what I wanted. So I kept trying different ones until I got where I liked it. But it was probably sub 1 lb at one point.

I also sanded the little trigger dingus to be flush with the trigger when pulled

I may be mistaken, but I don’t think the GPT works with Gen 3s. IIRC, you’d need aftermarket work - Johnny Glocks might do it? Let me check his site, although I don’t think he ships to Kaliforniastan anymore.
 
Oh my!!! 😂
For a $300 trigger, you’d think they would’ve done a little more homework before releasing the first generation.



I may be mistaken, but I don’t think the GPT works with Gen 3s. IIRC, you’d need aftermarket work - Johnny Glocks might do it? Let me check his site, although I don’t think he ships to Kaliforniastan anymore.
All I did was cut off the plastic tang or prong on the bottom and it fit right in. I also had to file another notch in the slide back plate too to allow it to clear when removing the slide
 
Oh my!!! 😂
For a $300 trigger, you’d think they would’ve done a little more homework before releasing the first generation.



I may be mistaken, but I don’t think the GPT works with Gen 3s. IIRC, you’d need aftermarket work - Johnny Glocks might do it? Let me check his site, although I don’t think he ships to Kaliforniastan anymore.
You actually can use a gpt in gen 3 you just have to shave down the feet of the ejector block. I did it a few years ago when I still had glocks. Its definitely the best cheapest option, you can find the GPTs for under 100 bucks. It's still fairly mediocre lol
 
I had a Timney Alpha something or another and hated it. How might this compare to it?
I had an Alpha complete drop in kit. Its better than stock, but still has a gritty feeling to it and a softer reset.

That TriggerTech was a giant leap forward from Timney - note its adjustable on the weight too (for TT). It's about as close as you are going to get to something close to a hammer fire. Its expensive, but not as expensive as the route I took detouring to Timney and not going to it in the first place!
 
Back
Top Bottom