18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Gear Any watch guys?

What's tactical?
My first of many, all my LEO buddies rocking analog watches made me get this. The first of many 😅
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 81
This one is my favorite and while my daily watch is a Casio Rangeman that I never take off when I want to dress up my IWC UTC is my go to watch.

My next watch is a Explorer I 40 mm if I ever get the call soon.
 

Attachments

  • 20210210_195046.webp
    20210210_195046.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 61
This one is my favorite and while my daily watch is a Casio Rangeman that I never take off when I want to dress up my IWC UTC is my go to watch.

My next watch is a Explorer I 40 mm if I ever get the call soon.
William Foster?
 
Yeah Falling Down is my favorite movie. I actually have his Lorus watch slightly newer model but almost exact same watch in my collection.

One day I met a guy who had the period correct model and even though I offered over 120 dollars which is way more than it's worth he still wouldn't sell it.
 
Yeah Falling Down is my favorite movie. I actually have his Lorus watch slightly newer model but almost exact same watch in my collection.

One day I met a guy who had the period correct model and even though I offered over 120 dollars which is way more than it's worth he still wouldn't sell it.
Falling Down was one of those movies I saw as a kid (when it first came out) and loved, but was like: "Gee, what was that guy's problem?" As I became an adult, I understood it. 🤣 Definitely a movie I still quote.

As an aside: the first time I took my wife to Venice Pier, I had her snap a pic of me doing the final pose, background just about perfect. It's on my Insta somewhere.
 
@pancake - uncultured swine lol
Might as well buy a top hat and a monocle damn at that rate might as well buy park place too
Smart watches and electric cars are for women
This one is my favorite and while my daily watch is a Casio Rangeman that I never take off when I want to dress up my IWC UTC is my go to watch.

My next watch is an Explorer I 40 mm if I ever get the call soon.
if you’re waiting for a call on an explorer your AD hates you 🤣
 
07109032-5380-478C-B87C-58432B6D7242.webp

Found a used Pelly at a great price, hasn’t fallen out of the rotation in the last couple weeks. Pictured with some of my other daily drivers!
 
Orient is a great budget option for mechanical watches!
100%. Orient is what I push people towards for their first autos. Price is right and their in-house movement runs more accurately than many of my Seikos. Ray 2 will always have a place in my collection.
 
100%. Orient is what I push people towards for their first autos. Price is right and their in-house movement runs more accurately than many of my Seikos. Ray 2 will always have a place in my collection.
Nice I was considering the Ray but went with Mako. Also have a Bambino in the rotation.
 

Attachments

  • 20260828_210922.webp
    20260828_210922.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 36
Just bought a couple of Glycines
Airman GMT/ Combat Sub
Currently wearing a casio Ae1200 "royale"
 
100%. Orient is what I push people towards for their first autos. Price is right and their in-house movement runs more accurately than many of my Seikos. Ray 2 will always have a place in my collection.

So true about Seikos. I bought a Seiko Presage and was sort of surprised when I noticed it lost minutes every week. I constantly had to reset it to the correct time. I thought something was wrong with it until I looked up the specs of the 6R movement: +25 to -15 seconds per day! WTF? How can an $800 watch loose or gain that much time per day and still be considered "within spec?"

I don't even keep in on a winder anymore and just wind it if and when I plan to wear it.

I have an Orient that runs circles around my Seiko. Weird because Epson is owned by Seiko.
 
Do we as gun people get looked at the way the rest of the world looks at watch people ?
If so I’m selling most of my guns
 
Back
Top Bottom