18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

Low T? Hell no, I'm not getting out of 45. I love the round. But I might sell my Glock 21 just because I have other 45s I like to shoot more. But I highly encourage everyone else to get out of shooting 45. I'll help you dispose of any guns and ammo you don't want. I won't even charge you for the service. Guns and ammo accepted free of charge.
 
My love of 45 hasn’t faded. I don’t think it’s precisely the be all end all, but it has great things about it. I was worried as I approach 50 I’m just becoming that old guy but my best employee by a distance is 27 and he’s all in on 45 so I feel better now.

My ultimate want is a Ruger PCC in 45 but I’ve done the suggestion box and they say it’ll never happen.
 
I have my family 1932 or 34 colt 1911, a Tisas Duty, and a HK45. The rest of my .45’s went to new homes. I’m not going to get rid of them but i’m not stacking ammo or taking them out very much. The HK gets the most range time by far.
 
My love of 45 hasn’t faded. I don’t think it’s precisely the be all end all, but it has great things about it. I was worried as I approach 50 I’m just becoming that old guy but my best employee by a distance is 27 and he’s all in on 45 so I feel better now.

My ultimate want is a Ruger PCC in 45 but I’ve done the suggestion box and they say it’ll never happen.
They have the LC in .45, I sold mine before I moved here. It was a decent PCC.
 
I definitely shoot .45 much less these days, but I'm still keeping my .45 pews and shoot them occasionally. I'm actually going to shoot them in competition here and there too. Never a bad idea to have more caliber options!
 
I have my family 1932 or 34 colt 1911, a Tisas Duty, and a HK45. The rest of my .45’s went to new homes. I’m not going to get rid of them but i’m not stacking ammo or taking them out very much. The HK gets the most range time by far.
it came from then and was passed down? if so that is super duper awesome
 
Back
Top Bottom