18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

A 97b was the best 1911 you ever shot? Huh? I think you meant best 45. The 97b is a completely different design. I ditched my 97b exactly because I prefered shooting 1911s.
Nah, i meant it. I know design is very different, so take it as a my personal opinion mixed with a little humor.
For me SAO 97b with 1911 style bushing was better than any 1911s I tried. For full disclosure I haven’t tried high end 1911s
 
.45 ACP is my caliber of choice for a self-defense hand gun. Ideal for open carry.
I can't say that I ever had to use one in a self-defense situation, but the argument of having substantially more stopping power is not lost on me.
with the right shot placement, 9mm is deadly. No question. But, simple stopping power is not a reliable argument.
 
I found myself not really shooting 45 at all lately, and thinking of just selling my pistols and ammo to make room for other things. Primarily moved to 9mm and there has been a slew of new 9mm pistols and other options, not much new for 45 lately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Also may help to thin the herd a little....

Why get rid of 45ACP? So much fun!!! Especially if one gets bored with the minimal recoil of a 9mm.


 
Nah, i meant it. I know design is very different, so take it as a my personal opinion mixed with a little humor.
For me SAO 97b with 1911 style bushing was better than any 1911s I tried. For full disclosure I haven’t tried high end 1911s
A CZ 97b has a pivot style trigger, unlike the sliding trigger on a 1911. I don't think you need a "high end" 1911 to see the difference.
Yes, some triggers are better than others ... lol ... no question.

My first semi was a CZ 75b with satin nickel finish and chambered in .40 cal S&W, a 2001 model year when nobody knew CZ.
Well, time doesn't stop.
 
A CZ 97b has a pivot style trigger, unlike the sliding trigger on a 1911. I don't think you need a "high end" 1911 to see the difference.
Yes, some triggers are better than others ... lol ... no question.

My first semi was a CZ 75b with satin nickel finish and chambered in .40 cal S&W, a 2001 model year when nobody knew CZ.
Well, time doesn't stop.
I know, you told me that in person ;)
Yea, I have completely disassembled both CZs and 1911/2011, so have an idea how both work. I guess my humor want very humorous after all :)
 
The size of the bore alone already stops an attacker, esp. if he sees the bullets.

S-W-625-JM.png
 
Definitely not!
I have several pistols and revolvers chambered in .45acp. As a reloader, shooting 9mm, .45 or 38 costs almost the same. Why send 115gr when you can send 230gr for a few cents more.
 
How does the 38 super recoil compare to 9mm and .45?
I've always been curious about that cartridge
Like +P 9MM. Now, it might feel stouter in a different platform, but there's basically zero chance of that ever happening. I imagine it would be about like .357 Sig in a Glock.
 
9mm is great for range, training and CCW. I like my .45 for home defense. If i ever move to a "free state" w/ open carry such as Arizona, I will positively carry my .45 cal 1911. My Kimber Carry Pro II or an Ultra Carry II would be more than sufficient. A sweet little 2-tone. Yum yum! :love:

3200321_ultracarryiitt_503x505_1.png
 
I found myself not really shooting 45 at all lately, and thinking of just selling my pistols and ammo to make room for other things. Primarily moved to 9mm and there has been a slew of new 9mm pistols and other options, not much new for 45 lately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Also may help to thin the herd a little....
I own one 45, my Springfield TRP 1911 in stainless. Its a great gun and fun to shoot i will probably never sell it. I think every gun enthusiast/collector should own 1911.
 
This is America. We speak in Freedom Units here.

You also failed to mention that 38 Special is the same caliber as 357 Magnum. And while the 380 ACP is a 9mm short, a 38 Special is essentially a 357 short. And vice versa.
Lol, what nonsense. Try shooting a .357 magnum in a .38 spl revolver, than let ma know how much of the same caliber both rounds are.
The .380 acp is clearly a round belonging to the 9mm cartridge family. It is in fact a "9mm edition". (unlike your statement likes to imply).
 
Lol, what nonsense. Try shooting a .357 magnum in a .38 spl revolver, than let ma know how much of the same caliber both rounds are.
The .380 acp is clearly a round belonging to the 9mm cartridge family. It is in fact a "9mm edition". (unlike your statement likes to imply).
357 and 38 special are literally the same caliber, just as 9mm and 380 acp are.
 
Lol, what nonsense. Try shooting a .357 magnum in a .38 spl revolver, than let ma know how much of the same caliber both rounds are.
The .380 acp is clearly a round belonging to the 9mm cartridge family. It is in fact a "9mm edition". (unlike your statement likes to imply).
357 and 38 special are literally the same caliber, just as 9mm and 380 acp are.
IMG_2362.webp
 
nope, the more the merrier and I had previously sold all my 9mms, now I am going to have both 9mm and .45 .
the ONLY DS 9mm that gets close to my single stack .45's is the platypus and that baby is pricey . I suck with glocks, the P320 X5 Legion is ok, the platy is king in 9mm , in contrast ALL my .45's do great.
 
Back
Top Bottom