18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News Banned on Reddit, so I think I’ll make my new home here!

Latest news
And now this place is shutting down current events/politics because, same damn thing.
i can only speak to this... It causes too much friction which is counter to my goal here... We provide information, host events, and try to connect people to get out on the range and bring a buddy...

We're positioned as an alternative so, its ok if people come and go to different sites. Just as noted above, I think we'll switch back to focusing on the 2A aspect of the site so that I can focus on new things on our horizon. I've tried a few iterations with the current events / politics but it always ends up the same way.

There's a chance it'll comeback, but for now i think the better move is to put it on hold while we work to build a
stronger community foundation. The entire reason we brought it back was to encourage discourse but that's not quite what we got. It just ends up being people talking past each other, instead of addressing points, just repeating what they saw online.

I'm glad Route66 was reinstated, with the help of the mods over at r/CAguns. The CAguns mods have done a lot for the community including helping bring us online as well and supporting us by not deleting my posts in the early days. IMO, 420Blazer is a crucial member in the 2A CA space and his intentions are to continue the grow 2A/CA.
 
i can only speak to this... It causes too much friction which is counter to my goal here... We provide information, host events, and try to connect people to get out on the range and bring a buddy...

We're positioned as an alternative so, its ok if people come and go to different sites. Just as noted above, I think we'll switch back to focusing on the 2A aspect of the site so that I can focus on new things on our horizon. I've tried a few iterations with the current events / politics but it always ends up the same way.

There's a chance it'll comeback, but for now i think the better move is to put it on hold while we work to build a
stronger community foundation. The entire reason we brought it back was to encourage discourse but that's not quite what we got. It just ends up being people talking past each other, instead of addressing points, just repeating what they saw online.

I'm glad Route66 was reinstated, with the help of the mods over at r/CAguns. The CAguns mods have done a lot for the community including helping bring us online as well and supporting us by not deleting my posts in the early days. IMO, 420Blazer is a crucial member in the 2A CA space and his intentions are to continue the grow 2A/CA.
Scott's Reddit account got report bombed again according to 420BlazeArk.
 
True, but not as badly. Reddit as a whole is a cesspool, especially with the power tripping mods and admins that seem to be in every sub. You don’t agree with them? Ban. You said something that goes against the hive mind? Ban. You might have done something that one time 10 years ago in July? Ban. Then when you try to ask why they banned you, they just mute you. What a sad, pitiful existence for the mods and admins it must be in mommy’s basement…

You sure you aren't talking about CALGUNS ?
 
I got downvoted to oblivion for copy/pasting text from the CA DOJ website as a citation. I was just trying to help somebody avoid breaking the law. Reddit is an insane echo chamber. Sorry to hear what happened to your account. I always appreciated your insight even if you got a ton of downvotes.
 
After a very long journey on Reddit, I was permanently banned for no reason, but now I think I’ll move over here.
Saw someone complaining about their experience with a G19.3, jokingly said "sell it to meeeee" all of a sudden im soliciting over reddit lol. Reddit is a crock of 💩
 
Back
Top Bottom