18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Best 2011 CA Legal

Sacramento County
Well then, that makes it EASY to go take a look! When I grabbed by Sand Viper they had 3 different Atlas models, a couple Phoenix, Some of the Platypus, Staccato, a couple Fusion, Watchtower Demolitia, Jacob Grey, likely a few others I don't recall and of course the Sand Viper.
 
@PortsideMunitions and @ManzanoMunitions would love to hear your perspectives on what the best 2011’s are or what makes it the best for the user?
I've only shot one, so other than looks and feel my current observations would be mostly cosmetic. In this case, the Sand Viper wins without question, lol.

I'd love to get a Prodigy honestly, but the Off Roster price hike on those is absolutely bananas.

I'm allegedly a Fusion Firearms "Ambassador" but they have yet to tell me what that means exactly, or how I get my stuff, or pretty much anything at all for that matter other than "be patient". I was accepted as an Ambassador in February... not sure how long they want me to just sit around and wait 🤷‍♀️
 
Well then, that makes it EASY to go take a look! When I grabbed by Sand Viper they had 3 different Atlas models, a couple Phoenix, Some of the Platypus, Staccato, a couple Fusion, Watchtower Demolitia, Jacob Grey, likely a few others I don't recall and of course the Sand Viper.
We can buy a Sand viper? wtf
 
Fusion, stealth arms, staccato, race city defense, cosaint, Wilson, akai, etc. to name some of the larger low-mid low tier brands

Cardinal, dark forge, Fowler, Atlas, Hayes, TTI to name some of the mid to upper mid tier brands

Venom, rafferty, infinity for near the top of the mountain and the top of CA mountain for what can be bought technically new.
Thanks for including Cardinal, a few influencers have been making noise about them but they're flying under the radar from the mainstream community. I have a G2 Ported that is one of my favorite guns, just wish I had more time to bring it out to the range (can say that for all my guns, lol).
 
We can buy a Sand viper? wtf
SSE is still a thing, just not as easy as it once was. Has to come from the manufacturer that way from my understanding. All of the above were set up with SSE. Some had entire single shot slides, most others had a .25 acp "barrel" inside of the regular barrel.
 
Thanks for including Cardinal, a few influencers have been making noise about them but they're flying under the radar from the mainstream community. I have a G2 Ported that is one of my favorite guns, just wish I had more time to bring it out to the range (can say that for all my guns, lol).
They're solid. Current offerings remind me of Hayes. I'll probably pick up a PIB and spare island barrel instead of their ported and comped offering. Kind of like the G2P and nonported barrel.

Cardinal is just a spin off/sister company of Optimum, similar to how Dark Forge is for Rogue. Coincidentally, two of the three white label brands known to have manufactured TTI's guns - like the sand viper - in the past. I think TTI makes their own stuff nowadays though out of AZ.
 
Sacramento County
We'd love to help you out here! As @Brandon Breeze mentioned, we try to keep a diverse amount of stock in SSE pistols. Obviously, 2011's are super popular right now. I'm biased towards Atlas and I think they are the "best", but it's always a matter of fitting the gun in your hands, budget, and desires. Feel free to reach out and we can help as much as possible.
 
We'd love to help you out here! As @Brandon Breeze mentioned, we try to keep a diverse amount of stock in SSE pistols. Obviously, 2011's are super popular right now. I'm biased towards Atlas and I think they are the "best", but it's always a matter of fitting the gun in your hands, budget, and desires. Feel free to reach out and we can help as much as possible.
I'm very curious about the Kimber model coming here supposedly
 
I'm very curious about the Kimber model coming here supposedly
Through the years I owned more than a few Kimbers, for all the internet motherless 🐐ing about MIM parts and QC I never had an issue over the eight or so models I’ve owned. I prefer their Series 1 guns as I am not a fan of the Swartz Safety.

Years upon years ago I bought a Wilson Combat CQB 1911 $1700 new otd and shot it for a while. Picked up a Kimber 1911 Warrior , around $1100 new otd and honestly liked the Kimber shape and feel better; both guns shot approximately the same (without a rest) out to about 30 yards. Sold/traded the Wilson away as I didn’t feel it was worth to keep it compared to the cheaper Warrior.
 
I'm very curious about the Kimber model coming here supposedly
Not listed yet, obviously and has been delayed back from it's original estimate of April. I think they are going to be a very viable and pretty solid option. At the price point they should be one of the leaders there (or the P211). I don't think that will make them the "best" 2011, but in that price range they will be enticing.
 
Best CA legal 2011 by far is the fusion xp pro comp through SSE. Shoots so flat you think it malfunctions everytime. Plus if your really paranoid it can always be transfer to someone else and back to you as semi. And Glock mags are dirt cheap
 
Best CA legal 2011 by far is the fusion xp pro comp through SSE. Shoots so flat you think it malfunctions everytime. Plus if your really paranoid it can always be transfer to someone else and back to you as semi. And Glock mags are dirt cheap
How are we defining best though? The fusion is a fantastic gun and big value, but there are other options that will out perform it. Whether someone wants to pay for that or is capable of making use of that extra performance is a different question. Same as whether it’s “worth it” (to most it probably won’t be, but it is for some people).
 
Sig P211 GTO | Staccato XC
Alien Lauoiagoddamtoomuchmoney
I think OP mentioned things he could buy new from a FFL. None of these which he can unless he's roster exempt.

Also, the GTO unless pinned is defined by CADOJ as an AW.
 
IMHO, the best value in a true "2011" platform pistol is the RCD RC9 Core.
Already have an Atlas Athena, Stacatto P and a Platypus and will also be ordering a RC9 Core.
The Athena outperforms the Stacatto and Platypus but expect the RC9 Core to come very close to the Athena's performance at less than half the price.
 
Last edited:
I think OP mentioned things he could buy new from a FFL. None of these which he can unless he's roster exempt.

Also, the GTO unless pinned is defined by CADOJ as an AW.
Site admins said unless CADOJ comes out and says it’s an AW it’s being treated as legal for now.
 
Back
Top Bottom