18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Best Sites to Buy Ammo Online

Welp, Trueshot is out of the running for me now. After many years of problem-free ordres, they no longer ship to addresses in SF. Bummer, because otherwise their prices are good and they're quite speedy. It's back to Targetsports for me I guess
Wow, I can't believe Trueshot actually knows/follows SF laws... most don't...

Good to know.
 
I like to look at ammoseek for the cheapest prices then just call and ask if they will ship to my ffl in colton ca. Blue collar firearms only charges 1$ for transfer. They just make sure you paid the taxes and if you did not they will charge you the tax or something like that. I bought all my ammo before the tax so i havent crossed that bridge yet for taxes. Also Bid fast and Last in Hesperia ca lets you ship to them and charge 5$ for processing the background check. Both are outstanding ffl's in my opinion.
 
Wow, I can't believe Trueshot actually knows/follows SF laws... most don't...

Good to know.
Yeah, don't know what happened. Here was their response when I asked about it:

This is not a new restriction—San Francisco has had a city ordinance in place that limits ammunition shipments within city limits. While we have been able to fulfill your past orders, it appears that one or more of those may have been shipped in error, and we sincerely apologize for any confusion that may have caused.

Under current municipal law, we are unable to ship ammunition directly to any San Francisco address, even if the customer holds a valid FFL 03 and California COE. However, we can absolutely ship your order to a licensed FFL outside of San Francisco, such as one located in Daly City, South San Francisco, or surrounding areas.
 
Yeah, don't know what happened. Here was their response when I asked about it:
That sounds like a perfectly reasonable response and one that they're willing to go put in extra work finding places that they're able to lawfully ship to nearby. I wouldn't cut them out for that at all.
 
Are some cities worried about porch pirates, that they don't allow ammo deliveries to home addresses?

I've had way too many instances where carriers (mostly UPS, but some others as well) don't bother to get a signature, even when it's been paid for, and even when it's required by law, and just leave crap on the doorstep.
 
It used to buy a couple of cases of shotshells from Roger’s Sporting Goods.

The good old days of ordering it and having the nosy UPS driver ask why I had so much ammo being delivered. He probably hated 2014.

Lead fishing weights!
I use TSUSA and Rogers, I have my FFL-03 and COE, and Ammo+ membership at TSUSA, totally worth it.
 
I use TSUSA and Rogers, I have my FFL-03 and COE, and Ammo+ membership at TSUSA, totally worth it.
TSUSA & Ammo+ has been totally worth it, even without an FFL-03/COE; Even with sales & excise tax & the FFL's fees, it's still cheaper than retail!

Ima start the paperwork on getting my own.
 
Are some cities worried about porch pirates, that they don't allow ammo deliveries to home addresses?
It depends on the city, but LA, SF, Oakland, Avalon and possibly others have various laws prohibiting taking delivery of ammunition or firearms (like C&R long guns) without a city-issued permit subject to insurance, zoning, and other restrictions. Some cities (e.g. LA) require face-to-face transactions and data reporting for ammo purchases/transfers - hence there are no FFL01/07 dealers in the city of LA. FFL03/COE is not an exemption. Hopefully that makes sense...
 
Velocity Ammo, they have some of the best prices on bulk ammo, shipped to your door
 
I haven't bought ammo since the ffl stuff happened. How much do ffl stores normally charge to get it shipped to them?
The fee the shop charges is up to them, you'll find some who are priced high and some reasonable.

Are some cities worried about porch pirates, that they don't allow ammo deliveries to home addresses?

Those cities are more worried about you having too much freedom.
 
How much longer do we have to wait in order to buy ammo online legally? I thought we won that case in court.
 
Back
Top Bottom