18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Best Sites to Buy Ammo Online

Every FFL gun store I have dealt with in the Bay Area charges 100.00 per thousand rounds and one has to wait two months to get it all.
Find a deal for 200 rounds it still will cost 100.00 for the transfer fee along with tax & and the State transfer fee.
$100+ per 1,000 rounds?! That's a ripoff bro.
There's got to be a cheaper FFL for receiving ammo in your area

I pay $10 per 1,000 rounds @ my FFL

Good luck
 
It used to buy a couple of cases of shotshells from Roger’s Sporting Goods.

The good old days of ordering it and having the nosy UPS driver ask why I had so much ammo being delivered. He probably hated 2014.

 
I've never had issues with Palmetto when I could order on line, but since that's a no-no for me I just patronize the local firearm businesses. I shoot common calibers and seldom buy in bulk anymore. (raised foundation, must take care about tonnage):)

See what you can work out locally. A far as "online" purchases, I've used most of shippers over the years I shopped "best price" and availability. I cannot ever remember any bad "ammo" or delivery's. There used to be a Ammo Data Base, but the last I checked it was down. Maybe someone here knows of a viable one.

Used to use SGAmmo, but not sure they ship to CA any longer. Not much help, sorry.

Good luck...

Kyle

ETA: https://ammoseek.com/rifle-ammo

The above link I've used in the past, but not since the CA garbage so I cannot vouch for some of the vendors. I usually searched for rifle ammo, hence the "rifle-ammo" in the link, but you can search the ammo of your choice.
yep ammoseek will lead you to the cheapest
 
I also use targetsports. For target ammo: https://2awarehouse.com/

I do stay away from the Capital label they sell though. I’ve had enough rounds not fire after primer strikes from a few different guns to not want to purchase anymore.
 
I also use Target Sports USA, I went ahead and bought their ammo+ membership, get an 8% discount and free shipping.
Their black Friday and cyber Monday sales included an addition 6% off, for a total of 14%.
Should be receiving my order in a couple days.
 
Its been 6 months since I've bought ammo, but I had several orders with https://trueshotammo.com/
Just south of Phoenix, stuff arrives in a day or two- usually Fedex. Fedex couldn't find the FFL delivery address for a week- I called TrueShot and they reshipped (to the same FFL) and pulled back the prior order. It worked- ammo arrived next day and I got 100% credit on the one doing laps around the county I guess.
 
Welp, Trueshot is out of the running for me now. After many years of problem-free ordres, they no longer ship to addresses in SF. Bummer, because otherwise their prices are good and they're quite speedy. It's back to Targetsports for me I guess
 
Back
Top Bottom