18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Black Friday 2025?!

Hell yes!
I tried a green dot before and it must be something with my eyes that just don’t see it that well outside.
The defender xl is impressive just kinda wish it was a rmr. After spending the $on a sro and 507 comp I’d go with the defender for the price and the dot is so damn crisp.
Yeah RMR would be sweet. Seems to be the most common, I got an aftermarket slide that was rmr cut so had to go holosun for that. Some sig slides I have are cut for DPP though. But for sure RMR seems to be the standard out there.
 
I always hear we can see green better than red but i've never had any luck with green red dots/holographics. For some reason it has to be red for me.

Hell yes!
I tried a green dot before and it must be something with my eyes that just don’t see it that well outside.
The defender xl is impressive just kinda wish it was a rmr. After spending the $on a sro and 507 comp I’d go with the defender for the price and the dot is so damn crisp.


Glad to hear I’m not the only one that feels this way. I got a green SCS in a package deal and as much as I wanted to like it for its direct mount something about the green doesn’t work for me.
 
Just got this SKB 4 gun case for $158 including shipping from Grab a gun but I think I got the last one.



Condition 1 four gun case beside it for size comparison. Case is big but I got it to accommodate my larger guns with light and large optic that didn’t fit into the C1.

IMG_7214.jpeg
 
Glad to hear I’m not the only one that feels this way. I got a green SCS in a package deal and as much as I wanted to like it for its direct mount something about the green doesn’t work for me.
I had a green acog and i tried to force myself to like it and I gave up, went back to all red reticles.
My next venture is what visible laser color to get with an IR for use when not using the nods
 
Anyone here have good luck with an adapted plate to mount DPP to RMR?
I want to grab another defender XL at the $200 price point for a slide that is RMR cut
the adapter plate sucks because DPP is a longer footprint so it has to be super thick to clear the cutout. If you have RMR just get an RMR native optic.
 
That is what I’ve gathered so far. Going to have to spend a fair share more for the 507C in that case
just saying this because it can be easily confused, but the 507 COMP is on par with vortex defender xL in terms of window size. The 507C or 407C are quite a bit smaller.
 
Good catch, meant the 507 COMP not the C, already have the C on a couple rmr slides but wanted a big window one for this build
ah yeah the comp is expensive ha. sorry
 
That is a good deal, better than 200 for the XL and then trying to figure out how to get it on the RMR slide with adapters that seem to run 60-100+ and not have any real good reviews
👍
Yep I agree. If it’s already set up for a RMR that’s the way to go.
 
So it’s optics planets “discount site” some good stuff like this and some over priced then discounted stuff.
Be forewarned, the shipping is 🐕💩slow.
there are some insane deals on there sometimes but one thing that's different from optics planet is that if you return stuff they only give you store credit. But you can still return basically anything.
 
I recently purchased a Walther PDP Sunday, didn't even know about the optic rebate till I looked at the holiday catalog from turners :LOL:
 
Solar Tactical's Black Friday newsletter went out early this morning - pricing only for the first 2 customers in the store: $800 for a G17, MR920, or XR920 (3 models of each of the shadow systems), and some other misc deals like an Anderson 5.56 for $400, WASR 9mm for $400.
 
Back
Top Bottom