- Messages
- 265
Perhaps you could discuss what it ought to take to handle 1,000 users or so, and about a million historical posts, with 'acceptable' performance. I'm interested in the hardware aspect. (My phone has 256 gig!)It looks like they've shut down the server. I think from here, I'm going to bow out of the updates since I have a bias and I don't want to create any more animosity. If anything I want the opposite and sometimes my frustrations get the better of me. I'm sure we all hope they recover.
I'll focus more on CAguns.net and the update that we'll be doing here which will optimize page load speeds even further, enable more features down the line, and work on programs to grow the 2A community.
For me, I want login to happen sub-5 seconds and page displays around 1. Searches are harder to quantify - that's some hardware, but also indexing the existing heap-o-posts.
Apparently I don't know what question to ask search engines; I don't get back anything relevant.