18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CZ…when!?!?

They want you to think that you are tinkering on it for 3 full months but then guys like Wager will mill and cerakote and ship it back in like 3 days.
I know none of them are tinkering with it, they’re spending a few days at most, unless they send off for DLC which is a legit couple-week delay. They just are being lazy with scheduling and time management/organization which is annoying. They could have you pay, put you on a list, call/email when they can take you in and give you a one week deadline to send it. If not received in time, you go on the backburner so others who were timely get their service done on time.

I’m thinking of contacting Wager for the optic cut and holding off on any action work for now tbh, I don’t want to be without my new pistol for 3 months
 
Wagers was really quick and I got the DLC with an optics cut on a P01. It wasn’t as long of a wait as the website description. They kept the rear sight on which is fine for carry but you have to remove the entire optic to access the extractor retaining pin to deep clean or replace the extractor.

I’m sending my SP-01 to Primary Machine because I don’t want to keep the rear sight or block the extractor pin. Wagers doesn’t give the option of milling the rear dove tail.
 
Wagers was really quick and I got the DLC with an optics cut on a P01. It wasn’t as long of a wait as the website description. They kept the rear sight on which is fine for carry but you have to remove the entire optic to access the extractor retaining pin to deep clean or replace the extractor.

I’m sending my SP-01 to Primary Machine because I don’t want to keep the rear sight or block the extractor pin. Wagers doesn’t give the option of milling the rear dove tail.
primary machine decided to motherless 🐐 out and not work with California, this is what they sent me last month when I asked about it:

Good morning,

We've decided to temporarily push pause on all California orders. We will be revisiting this decision in the near future and decide exactly how we want to safely tackle this situation regarding the new California gun laws.

Thanks for reaching out,

Brandon Halfen
Armorer
www.primarymachine.com
 
One day I'll have to bite the price and buy a Shadow 2 but for now my CZ 75B SAO is pretty good. Really, really regret not buying a SP-01 or P-01 when they were here. I rented a very beat up SP01 at a range and was shocked at how accurate it was compared to anything I own.
What range did you rent the sp01 at if you dont mind me asking? I remember renting one from Reeds in Santa Clara a couple years ago but sadly they don't have it anymore. I want to compare the accuracy from the sp01 to the p01 since I have a super hard time debating witch one I should get especially knowing how expensive some are being sold for on here.
 
What range did you rent the sp01 at if you dont mind me asking? I remember renting one from Reeds in Santa Clara a couple years ago but sadly they don't have it anymore. I want to compare the accuracy from the sp01 to the p01 since I have a super hard time debating witch one I should get especially knowing how expensive some are being sold for on here.
they aren't any different in accuracy, one is full size and 40oz with a steel frame and one is smaller and 28 oz with an aluminum frame. The only reason to get the P01 is if you have baby hands or you want to carry it
 
primary machine decided to motherless 🐐 out and not work with California, this is what they sent me last month when I asked about it:

Good morning,

We've decided to temporarily push pause on all California orders. We will be revisiting this decision in the near future and decide exactly how we want to safely tackle this situation regarding the new California gun laws.

Thanks for reaching out,

Brandon Halfen
Armorer
www.primarymachine.com
Wow they’re not even selling parts, they’re doing machine work and sending your property back. Even CGW (who won’t ship parts) will still work on your gun and ship it back. Not going with them even if they start back up with CA orders.

I might give Wager a shot as I do kinda want BUIs and don’t care if the extractor pin is covered (assume it will be on the DWXc if it was on the P-01 they did). And they seem to be known for fast turnaround.
 
they aren't any different in accuracy, one is full size and 40oz with a steel frame and one is smaller and 28 oz with an aluminum frame. The only reason to get the P01 is if you have baby hands or you want to carry it
I'm pretty sure there's a difference in accuracy between the two especially since the sp01 is 45% heavier than the p01 as you mentioned ( which affects the recoil /follow up shots ) and the sp01 has a longer sight radius and a 4.6 inch barrel unlike the p01 that only has a 3.7 inch barrel. It might not make a big difference at a defensive range of 7 yards or less but I'm guessing there is a difference between the two when it comes to competition/target shooting at greater distances. I've shot both, just not at the same time or with the same ammo to really compare them. I could be wrong though.
 
I'm pretty sure there's a difference in accuracy between the two especially since the sp01 is 45% heavier than the p01 as you mentioned ( which affects the recoil /follow up shots ) and the sp01 has a longer sight radius and a 4.6 inch barrel unlike the p01 that only has a 3.7 inch barrel. It might not make a big difference at a defensive range of 7 yards or less but I'm guessing there is a difference between the two when it comes to competition/target shooting at greater distances. I've shot both, just not at the same time or with the same ammo to really compare them. I could be wrong though.
Barrel length doesn't effect accuracy, but you are talking more about gun handling not really accuracy. A heavy gun may hide some deficiencies like overtramsitioning your target but a light one may be faster to transition in the first place. There's a guy that got third place at limited optics nationals last year with a Glock, so he was competing against 2011s mostly and still beat almost everyone. There really isn't a difference in accuracy between them it's just personal preference. Even from the perspective of recoil, you can learn to shoot a light gun just as fast. You might just like how the heavy one feels because there's less recoil, but the performance difference is negligible.
 
Barrel length doesn't effect accuracy, but you are talking more about gun handling not really accuracy. A heavy gun may hide some deficiencies like overtramsitioning your target but a light one may be faster to transition in the first place. There's a guy that got third place at limited optics nationals last year with a Glock, so he was competing against 2011s mostly and still beat almost everyone. There really isn't a difference in accuracy between them it's just personal preference. Even from the perspective of recoil, you can learn to shoot a light gun just as fast. You might just like how the heavy one feels because there's less recoil, but the performance difference is negligible.
Of course barrel length affects accuracy, and so does mass. Why do you think rifle barrels are so long?
 
What range did you rent the sp01 at if you dont mind me asking? I remember renting one from Reeds in Santa Clara a couple years ago but sadly they don't have it anymore. I want to compare the accuracy from the sp01 to the p01 since I have a super hard time debating witch one I should get especially knowing how expensive some are being sold for on here.
Honestly, I’m not the best shooter, but I’ve shot them both in USPSA, taken classes and I’ve shot targets up to 100 yards with both. They are equally accurate. The SP-01 is more forgiving in grip deficiencies, but with the right LOK grip combo the P-01 locks into your hand. I played with the recoil springs and found that a slightly heavier spring really helped. I started with light springs and gradually increased the weight until it was really easy to shoot them both. Lighter recoil springs give you faster splits but more muzzle rise. Heavier springs are easier to get the sites back on target for fast follow up shots because there is less felt recoil.
 
Last edited:
Ill take it off your hands if you haven't sold it already. Are you in nor cal by any chance?
I'm in Sacramento. I'd like to get $900. One magazine. MFT IWB holster. CGW stainless guide rod and original one. Case.
 

Attachments

  • 1000027076.webp
    1000027076.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1000027075.webp
    1000027075.webp
    19 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000027074.webp
    1000027074.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 1000027073.webp
    1000027073.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
Of course barrel length affects accuracy, and so does mass. Why do you think rifle barrels are so long?
Yeah that's incorrect, rifle barrels are long for velocity which you need for terminal ballistics. We are also talking about a 3/4 inch difference between the p01 and the sp01. You've never heard anyone say the Staccato HD4 is inaccurate have you? It weighs very similar to a P01, within a few oz and within a 1/4 inch of barrel length. Having a heavier gun isn't inherently better it's just different, you have to learn a whole new way of shooting where you put even less input into the gun which can actually be even more difficult for people just learning. There's a reason beginners shoot low left, they are pushing the gun there. A heavier gun can make that worse or at best it won't help with that.
 
Yeah that's incorrect, rifle barrels are long for velocity which you need for terminal ballistics. We are also talking about a 3/4 inch difference between the p01 and the sp01. You've never heard anyone say the Staccato HD4 is inaccurate have you? It weighs very similar to a P01, within a few oz and within a 1/4 inch of barrel length. Having a heavier gun isn't inherently better it's just different, you have to learn a whole new way of shooting where you put even less input into the gun which can actually be even more difficult for people just learning. There's a reason beginners shoot low left, they are pushing the gun there. A heavier gun can make that worse or at best it won't help with that.

And what effect does ballistic velocity have on accuracy? No sniper uses a handgun for a 500 yard shot. Why do you think that is?

Mass simply makes handguns easier to shoot, with better return to zero. Why? More mass, less movement from the gun. Of course one can compensate for a lighter gun with more muzzle flip, but that proves the point. A gun that's easier to shoot is going to be more accurate for an individual because there's less work to compensate.
 
Last edited:
I’m gonna get the CGW SRS kit, competition hammer, and their “old style” CZ trigger with reach reduction kit. Black trigger and hammer for me. And some Loks
Now that's a good plan. Also a 13lb hammer spring and a14lb recoil spring. And don't forget to polish where needed.
 
The SRS kit comes with a hammer spring I believe. I may just send it to them for the whole job and to mill the slide for an optic
Well all I have to say is tell them you live in CA. first. I know they won't send parts and maybe they won't do work on your gun because it has to be shipped back here.
 
Back
Top Bottom