18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CZ…when!?!?

Well all I have to say is tell them you live in CA. first. I know they won't send parts and maybe they won't do work on your gun because it has to be shipped back here.
I talked to them. They can work on a gun and send it back to your door in CA, they just won’t ship parts. Stupid but it is what it is.
 
You sneaky snake that was supposed to be mine lol. congrats on the buy
Haha I’m sorry! I figured you either weren’t local to Sac or weren’t interested.

I have a CZ75bd that I recently put up for sale but then decided to keep. If you want that, I’ll sell it to you as the sp-01 can just replace it.
 
Haha I’m sorry! I figured you either weren’t local to Sac or weren’t interested.

I have a CZ75bd that I recently put up for sale but then decided to keep. If you want that, I’ll sell it to you as the sp-01 can just replace it.
All good bro no worries lol. I was at work and wouldn't be able to pick up today either way. And sure I'll take a look if you dont mind sending me a couple pics. I can shoot you my number if that's easier.
 
Just a friendly reminder folks, we have a rule against offers to buy/sell in the Forums. If you are looking to buy/sell something, please post ad ad in the Classifieds section.

@DeagleDan @weaverftw @Johny415

Thanks!
Sorry! DeagleDan did create a classified for us to use and I’ll put my CZ75 back up on classifieds for Johny.

I think Dan wasn’t really planning on selling his SP-01 but just offered to help Johny out, and I swooped on it and feel bad so want to offer Johny something in return lol. I get why there’s a rule more generally though and will put something up in a few
 
If you are still thinking about having your slide milled, I would highly recommend Wager Machine Works. I have now had several slides done by them. Their turnaround is between 2-3 weeks from the time you ship to when you get it back. Very reasonable price. The precision of the cut is outstanding. Just my 2 cents
 
Sorry! DeagleDan did create a classified for us to use and I’ll put my CZ75 back up on classifieds for Johny.

I think Dan wasn’t really planning on selling his SP-01 but just offered to help Johny out, and I swooped on it and feel bad so want to offer Johny something in return lol. I get why there’s a rule more generally though and will put something up in a few
Yes, we've already spoken. One reason as you can see is the threads can become hijacked with back and forth off-topic posts and ahem...gloating 🫵🏼😎

But the main reason is for traceability and protection of the members. We see lots of scammers trying to take advantage any way they can, and we need to be able to effectively Moderate when issues come up.

Appreciate the support!
 
Honestly, I’m not the best shooter, but I’ve shot them both in USPSA, taken classes and I’ve shot targets up to 100 yards with both. They are equally accurate. The SP-01 is more forgiving in grip deficiencies, but with the right LOK grip combo the P-01 locks into your hand. I played with the recoil springs and found that a slightly heavier spring really helped. I started with light springs and gradually increased the weight until it was really easy to shoot them both. Lighter recoil springs give you faster splits but more muzzle rise. Heavier springs are easier to get the sites back on target for fast follow up shots because there is less felt recoil.
Thanks for the useful info bro I appreciate it 👍
 
Can you let me know how it went when you get it back?

CZ Custom and CGW both quoted over 3 months and I don’t want to wait that long … I never understood why they make you send it in to sit on a shelf, just let people pay and keep their gun til you’re ready for them to send it in…
got the slide back from Vigilante today, it was shipped back to me exactly 2 weeks after they received it, so three weeks total back and forth. Definitely looks like good work I have no complaints and it was 200 bucks total with a custom cerakote (midnight bronze) The one on the right was cut by Cajun.

PXL_20260418_013721347.webp
 
Is that a EGW magwell?
Springer, it's kinda nice because it fits with any grips, most of the other magwells require shorter grips
 
got the slide back from Vigilante today, it was shipped back to me exactly 2 weeks after they received it, so three weeks total back and forth. Definitely looks like good work I have no complaints and it was 200 bucks total with a custom cerakote (midnight bronze) The one on the right was cut by Cajun.

View attachment 180817
How do you feel about the placement of the optic? Drew mentioned to me he likes to put it as far back as possible but I’m wondering if I should ask to center it more between the back of the slide and the breech for aesthetic reasons… a half cm won’t make a difference for eye relief and might make it look nicer maybe?
 
How do you feel about the placement of the optic? Drew mentioned to me he likes to put it as far back as possible but I’m wondering if I should ask to center it more between the back of the slide and the breech for aesthetic reasons… a half cm won’t make a difference for eye relief and might make it look nicer maybe?
I'd definitely rather it back as far as possible, less chance that brass hits it and less carbon on the optic. Not that the other one does that, but It's still better to be further back. I don't think there's any aesthetic advantage either way, they aren't that different it's like 3/16" but I just realized by looking at it that the other thing is the way Cajun cuts it is over the ejector pin so that pin has to get shortened, when it's further back it's not over the ejector pin so it leaves it intact.
 
I'd definitely rather it back as far as possible, less chance that brass hits it and less carbon on the optic. Not that the other one does that, but It's still better to be further back. I don't think there's any aesthetic advantage either way, they aren't that different it's like 3/16" but I just realized by looking at it that the other thing is the way Cajun cuts it is over the ejector pin so that pin has to get shortened, when it's further back it's not over the ejector pin so it leaves it intact.
Yeah on my DWXc you have to grind the extractor pin regardless, good point on the brass and carbon on the optic though, I’ll let Drew put it all the way back
 
got the slide back from Vigilante today, it was shipped back to me exactly 2 weeks after they received it, so three weeks total back and forth. Definitely looks like good work I have no complaints and it was 200 bucks total with a custom cerakote (midnight bronze) The one on the right was cut by Cajun.

View attachment 180817
$200 for slide work AND cerakote? Whoa. That's an amazing deal.
 
I love my TS2 Orange. You love the DWXc so you'd probably like it too.

Yeesh, 60k on a wedding? You couldn't pay me to marry a woman in CA, but that's a whole other story and I know I'm an outlier.

The best prenup is no nup and CA is not a common-law marriage state.

That's a light drizzle on your parade but it's important to really consider the statistically-likely outcome and the horrors of divorce and alimony. Women initiate >80% of divorces and win 97% of alimony awards, sometimes awarded for life. Bad incentives, all potentially bad for your future self.

It's prudent to consider the worst outcome before diving in. Maybe you have already.

Sorry to be that guy but there you have it.
Based and redpilled
 
$200 for slide work AND cerakote? Whoa. That's an amazing deal.
Yeah Drew quoted me even less to mill my slide and only cerakote the milled part (or no cerakote at all if his test confirmed my slide was stainless); he was also very accommodating to all my questions and random requests.

Based and redpilled
Eh she’s alright, she encourages all my car and gun shenanigans and you can take precautions. I prefer companionship and locking a good one down seemed reasonable to me
 
Back
Top Bottom