18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CZ…when!?!?

Yeah Drew quoted me even less to mill my slide and only cerakote the milled part (or no cerakote at all if his test confirmed my slide was stainless); he was also very accommodating to all my questions and random requests.


Eh she’s alright, she encourages all my car and gun shenanigans and you can take precautions. I prefer companionship and locking a good one down seemed reasonable to me
One can have companionship without signing a bad contract. There's no more common-law marriage in CA so that helps.

It's not the good things that one must think about but how bad it could get in a divorce. It's like motorcycle riding; dress for the crash, not just the ride.
 
Yeah Drew quoted me even less to mill my slide and only cerakote the milled part (or no cerakote at all if his test confirmed my slide was stainless); he was also very accommodating to all my questions and random requests.


Eh she’s alright, she encourages all my car and gun shenanigans and you can take precautions. I prefer companionship and locking a good one down seemed reasonable to me
I’m married to a Colombian lol it is what it is
 
My wife and I got a prenup after listening to a few podcasts about divorce. It was her idea, lol. Happy we did it. You're basically protecting yourself from the state and various lawyers extracting fees.
 
Just to chime in on my own CZ custom work timeframes and prices for the benefit of anyone in this thread.

I own 2 75 BD’s, 2 97B’s and a Shadow 2 SAO. I also sent out my FIL’s SP-01, which I shoot from time to time.

I have had work done by CGW, CZ Custom, Springer Precision and Vigilante Machine.

My most recent work was Vigilante Machine. I had Drew cut the slide on my S2, cerkote the cut area, remove the front sight and add a filler. From the day I shipped to the day it was at my door was 22 days. Total cost from him was $200. I would definitely do more business with him, but I’m fresh out CZ’s needing optic cuts! Pic of that below.

Springer Precision cut one of BD’s for a 508T and it was also fast and very reasonable priced, $187, if I recall correctly. However they no longer are accepting custom work, their site states they’re ramping up part production…

CGW optic cut my first BD and my FIL’s SP-01, also added barrel bushing to the SP. Turn around for the SP was shorter than expected, they quoted 12 weeks but it took 28 days. The BD took over 2 months.
I’ve had no issues with the work, and I appreciate their customer support. They actually answer the phone.
The SP total was $400
The BD total was $285
The plate needed for the optic added $75 to each cut cost.

CZ Custom optic cut one of 97’s and added their ACCU bushing. That experience was a total “black bag.” I had to work to get any response that they had my CZ and it was being worked. Didn’t even get a return tracking number, it just showed up. Work was flawless, customer support non-existent.
97 total was $600

For any future optic cuts, I go Vigilante all day. For any gunsmithing, I’d go CGW over CZC. Their work is worth the wait, IMO.
 

Attachments

  • 1000020675.webp
    1000020675.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
Just to chime in on my own CZ custom work timeframes and prices for the benefit of anyone in this thread.

I own 2 75 BD’s, 2 97B’s and a Shadow 2 SAO. I also sent out my FIL’s SP-01, which I shoot from time to time.

I have had work done by CGW, CZ Custom, Springer Precision and Vigilante Machine.

My most recent work was Vigilante Machine. I had Drew cut the slide on my S2, cerkote the cut area, remove the front sight and add a filler. From the day I shipped to the day it was at my door was 22 days. Total cost from him was $200. I would definitely do more business with him, but I’m fresh out CZ’s needing optic cuts! Pic of that below.

Springer Precision cut one of BD’s for a 508T and it was also fast and very reasonable priced, $187, if I recall correctly. However they no longer are accepting custom work, their site states they’re ramping up part production…

CGW optic cut my first BD and my FIL’s SP-01, also added barrel bushing to the SP. Turn around for the SP was shorter than expected, they quoted 12 weeks but it took 28 days. The BD took over 2 months.
I’ve had no issues with the work, and I appreciate their customer support. They actually answer the phone.
The SP total was $400
The BD total was $285
The plate needed for the optic added $75 to each cut cost.

CZ Custom optic cut one of 97’s and added their ACCU bushing. That experience was a total “black bag.” I had to work to get any response that they had my CZ and it was being worked. Didn’t even get a return tracking number, it just showed up. Work was flawless, customer support non-existent.
97 total was $600

For any future optic cuts, I go Vigilante all day. For any gunsmithing, I’d go CGW over CZC. Their work is worth the wait, IMO.
This is great feedback. I did a lot of research and decided to use Drew at Vigilante after talking to him on the phone. I’m be sending my SP-01 and my DWXc to him soon
 
Back
Top Bottom