18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics CZ Photo Thread

Awesome! Thanks for that review. Which ammo were you using? Any plans for an optic?
Reloads (115 fmj from LGS), federal 115, blazer 124, Patriot Sports 124 fmj, 124 and 147 HST, 115 and 124 Critical Defense, 100 S&B XRG, 124 S&B JHP, 115 Gold Dot, and I think 1 or two others. Didn’t seem to prefer anything in particular, all performed fine but the 100gr were like shooting .22s lol. I’ll probably put 147gr HST in it when I carry it.

I’m thinking of sending the slide to CZ Custom or CGW for milling for an EPS or 507, but haven’t decided yet. It’s so purdy and the irons are actually pretty nice so I’m on the fence, although I’m sure it’d be incredible and more accurate with a dot. Also don’t want to be without it for weeks at this point lol but maybe when I’ve had it for a few months I’ll mail it off. Tempted to let one of those shops do an action job but probably won’t since I’ll carry it.
 
Reloads (115 fmj from LGS), federal 115, blazer 124, Patriot Sports 124 fmj, 124 and 147 HST, 115 and 124 Critical Defense, 100 S&B XRG, 124 S&B JHP, 115 Gold Dot, and I think 1 or two others. Didn’t seem to prefer anything in particular, all performed fine but the 100gr were like shooting .22s lol. I’ll probably put 147gr HST in it when I carry it.

I’m thinking of sending the slide to CZ Custom or CGW for milling for an EPS or 507, but haven’t decided yet. It’s so purdy and the irons are actually pretty nice so I’m on the fence, although I’m sure it’d be incredible and more accurate with a dot. Also don’t want to be without it for weeks at this point lol but maybe when I’ve had it for a few months I’ll mail it off. Tempted to let one of those shops do an action job but probably won’t since I’ll carry it.
Nice, thanks for the bullet info. My favorite ammo is Sellier & Bellot (from Czech Republic) in 124gr. Slower, softer-shooting round. I don't think I've ever shot 100gr! I have some 147 I could try too. No issues with flat nose if you've tried it?

Guessing your DWXc isn't already optic ready? I will take delivery of an optics-ready DWXc but I need to source a good RMSc footprint plate for an EPS Carry, and I'd like to avoid IM and CH Products plates. Too bad CZ-Parts doesn't make them as those are rock solid plates from CZ. Maybe the IM plate could work with red Loctite but I've read a few horror stories about their plates over the years. The Dan Wesson plate might be the best option, and it probably comes down to the quality of the screws.

Stonebridge Gunworks did an amazing job milling my TS2 Orange and I wouldn't trust that gun with just anyone. CZC or CGW should be golden too. CGW worked on my SP-01 and did a great job. Primary Machine is also highly recommended but you won't see your slide for a while.
 
Last edited:
Nice, thanks for the bullet info. My favorite ammo is Sellier & Bellot (from Czech Republic) in 124gr. Slower, softer-shooting round. I don't think I've ever shot 100gr! I have some 147 I could try too. No issues with flat nose if you've tried it?

Guessing your DWXc isn't already optic ready? I will take delivery of an optics-ready DWXc but I need to source a good RMSc footprint plate for an EPS Carry, and I'd like to avoid IM and CH Products plates. Too bad CZ-Parts doesn't make them as those are rock solid plates from CZ. Maybe the IM plate could work with red Loctite but I've read a few horror stories about their plates over the years. The Dan Wesson plate might be the best option, and it probably comes down to the quality of the screws.

Stonebridge Gunworks did an amazing job milling my TS2 Orange and I wouldn't trust that gun with just anyone. CZC or CGW should be golden too. CGW worked on my SP-01 and did a great job. Primary Machine is also highly recommended but you won't see your slide for a while.
Haven’t tried flat nose yet but all the hp were great. I’m going to start reloading 9mm next week so will experiment a bit… curious to see if the freebore is tiny like a CZ and OAL will have to be short or not.

I’ve heard negative things about IM plates. I’d go with DW for the plate for sure. And yeah mine is not OR which kinda sucks but I like the look of no rail and with milling it will be direct fit and sit lower (and no plate shenanigans), so it’s a trade off I guess. Probably would’ve gotten an OR one if I could find it, but honestly most of the rails on my pistols go unused besides a light on my nightstand gun and I don’t want a light on my EDC so meh.

FYI you might want to research or test the optic fit in a store, I’ve read that the regular EPS fits completely flush on a DWXc so an EPS carry will likely underhang the slide so you’ll see milled slide surface - maybe that doesn’t matter if you want the smallest footprint possible but just a thought.
 
I was actually looking for a full size as I don’t own any full size pistols other than a CZ75 (I have smallish hands so compacts usually fit better) and I wanted it for competition, but the compact popped up via response to a WTB add and I just got my CCW so I figured what the hell. I’m qualifying with it to add to my permit Monday and will carry it every day I can (p365 as backup if I need a smaller gun). It’s the most $ I’ve dropped on a pistol so far but worth every penny, I’m obsessed with it.
Yeah they will do that to you. I bought the DWX because it is two of my favorite guns A CZ and 1911 together. I currently have 19 CZs and 7 1911s and enjoy shooting each one.
 
A few more of my CZs. OG TS with a SP01 kadet kit on it. A 97b with a 9mm Bullshadow upper and a SP01 frame with a Bullshadow upper on it.
SP01 TS.webp97b Bull shadow.webpSP01 BS.webp
 
Nice, thanks for the bullet info. My favorite ammo is Sellier & Bellot (from Czech Republic) in 124gr. Slower, softer-shooting round. I don't think I've ever shot 100gr! I have some 147 I could try too. No issues with flat nose if you've tried it?

Guessing your DWXc isn't already optic ready? I will take delivery of an optics-ready DWXc but I need to source a good RMSc footprint plate for an EPS Carry, and I'd like to avoid IM and CH Products plates. Too bad CZ-Parts doesn't make them as those are rock solid plates from CZ. Maybe the IM plate could work with red Loctite but I've read a few horror stories about their plates over the years. The Dan Wesson plate might be the best option, and it probably comes down to the quality of the screws.

Stonebridge Gunworks did an amazing job milling my TS2 Orange and I wouldn't trust that gun with just anyone. CZC or CGW should be golden too. CGW worked on my SP-01 and did a great job. Primary Machine is also highly recommended but you won't see your slide for a while.
I may have been wrong about the EPS Carry underhanging the DWXc slide. I was going off someone’s forum comment, but placing them next to each other it seems like it would fit? First pic is my DWXc sitting on top of my p365 with EPS Carry, second pic side by side

IMG_3290.webp
IMG_3291.webp
 
CZ P09 Nocturne, Shadow 2 Carry, Shadow 2. Anyone looking to buy the Nocturne?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9165.webp
    IMG_9165.webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 3B13FDF6-9098-480C-B7E4-5147FAF95753_1_105_c.webp
    3B13FDF6-9098-480C-B7E4-5147FAF95753_1_105_c.webp
    161.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9428.webp
    IMG_9428.webp
    199.1 KB · Views: 43
Bastardizing the thread again with my DWXc; got a couple new pairs of Vytal grips today. The red/black grips are palm swells and the black multicam are thins. I was thinking of replacing the trigger with a black one anyways and I think this seals it, I think the red/black grips will still look good with a black trigger but the black grips kinda clash with the red trigger right now.

IMG_3345.webpIMG_3346.webpIMG_3350.webpIMG_3348.webp
 
Bastardizing the thread again with my DWXc; got a couple new pairs of Vytal grips today. The red/black grips are palm swells and the black multicam are thins. I was thinking of replacing the trigger with a black one anyways and I think this seals it, I think the red/black grips will still look good with a black trigger but the black grips kinda clash with the red trigger right now.

View attachment 181161View attachment 181162View attachment 181163View attachment 181164
Artist opinion here, but I think the red Vytals look good with the red trigger. They're not exactly the same hue though. The grips have a bit more blue in the red versus the trigger. Black would let the grips shine a bit more, but it looks pretty good still. I do love some Vytal grips and may want this for my own DWXc if the grenade grips don't work out.

In brighter light they match well enough.
 
Last edited:
Artist opinion here, but I think the red Vytals look good with the red trigger. They're not exactly the same hue though. The grips have a bit more blue in that red versus the trigger. Black would let the grips shine a bit more, but it looks pretty good still. I do love some Vytal grips and may want this for my own DWXc if the grenade grips don't work out.

In brighter light they match well enough.
Yeah I meant to say the red trigger looks good with the red grips, but bad with the black camo grips. I think a black trigger would work with either grips.

And you’re right about the red tones; unless I’m in bright sunlight the trigger is WAY more of a bright cherry red compared to the grips. I did ask them to make the grips more black and darker red than normal; I didn’t want them to be too loud and was planning on getting a black trigger as soon as they’re in stock
 
Been collecting firearms since the late 80s. Alas, age catches up with all of us. I’ve sold off most of my collection, and this is the last full‑metal CZ I still have.
 

Attachments

  • 20260516_090646r.webp
    20260516_090646r.webp
    35 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom