18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics CZ Photo Thread

How are you liking the IM slide? What are the benefits of using it?
So far not a single failure to feed or extract. I think a lot of people who have problems with their IM slides haven’t broken in their internals yet. Bear in mind I’m also running a 11lb recoil spring so no failures was surprising to me but I had about 1000 rounds into the gun before switching to the impact slide. I shot 500 rounds when I first got the slide and after that I took it home an polished all the contact points. Used 600 grit then used metal polishing compound and a dremel to fine polish it. But before that I had polished the feed ramp and the barrel with the dremel as well. Benefits of it is you don’t have to mill out your OEM slide if your ever want to resell or risk someone messing up your OEM slide if you send it off to get milled. Also now with the impact slide you can fit p320 holsters per impact and safari land 7000 holsters if you’re into that.
 
Last edited:
There are CZs still on roster, yes. But all of those are discontinued. In 2023, CZ changed its manufacturing process, causing all then-currently manufactured pistols to be removed from the roster. Because that was a change in the manufacturing process, it didn't affect the pistols that were not manufactured anymore.

In other words, you cannot go to a LGS and purchase any CZ brand new. But if you find one off gunbroker (with correct serial number of course), you can have them shipped in as an on-roster pistol. PPTs are of course still fine, and there's a ton of CZs floating around in CA in general.
 
I'll throw a couple of my CZs on here.
 

Attachments

  • bqEEYD9.webp
    bqEEYD9.webp
    235.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Champion4.webp
    Champion4.webp
    174.9 KB · Views: 33
  • TS2 Green.webp
    TS2 Green.webp
    121.4 KB · Views: 31
  • CZ Master Blue.webp
    CZ Master Blue.webp
    185.3 KB · Views: 50
I collect more than I shoot, but these are my all time favorites.
 

Attachments

  • Hai Store (407 of 490).webp
    Hai Store (407 of 490).webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230430_155502.webp
    20230430_155502.webp
    155.2 KB · Views: 45
Nice. I have a full size DWX and love it. I would like to get a compact but not at California prices.
I was actually looking for a full size as I don’t own any full size pistols other than a CZ75 (I have smallish hands so compacts usually fit better) and I wanted it for competition, but the compact popped up via response to a WTB add and I just got my CCW so I figured what the hell. I’m qualifying with it to add to my permit Monday and will carry it every day I can (p365 as backup if I need a smaller gun). It’s the most $ I’ve dropped on a pistol so far but worth every penny, I’m obsessed with it.
 
I was actually looking for a full size as I don’t own any full size pistols other than a CZ75 (I have smallish hands so compacts usually fit better) and I wanted it for competition, but the compact popped up via response to a WTB add and I just got my CCW so I figured what the hell. I’m qualifying with it to add to my permit Monday and will carry it every day I can (p365 as backup if I need a smaller gun). It’s the most $ I’ve dropped on a pistol so far but worth every penny, I’m obsessed with it.
How was your experience shooting it? I just DROSed one today, a DWXc.
 
How was your experience shooting it? I just DROSed one today, a DWXc.
It’s incredible. Fits my hands PERFECTLY so it indexes very naturally to POA, no grip movement between shots, etc. Very accurate, flatter shooting and better follow up shots than my full size CZ75, trigger is great (maybe could be .5-1lb lighter but I’m not touching it as I’ll carry it).

I put another 150 rds through it today (would’ve been more but I had to practice for a classifier tomorrow with another gun as I don’t have a holster for the DWX yet), so about 1000-1200rds through it since I got it Monday 3/30. Not a single malfunction. Everything about it is F-ing perfect, I’m smitten. No issues with the safety or side to frame fit (I’d read online about a few issues people had related to these); everything is TIGHT but still runs flawlessly.

Best pistol I’ve ever owned by far.
 
It’s incredible. Fits my hands PERFECTLY so it indexes very naturally to POA, no grip movement between shots, etc. Very accurate, flatter shooting and better follow up shots than my full size CZ75, trigger is great (maybe could be .5-1lb lighter but I’m not touching it as I’ll carry it).

I put another 150 rds through it today (would’ve been more but I had to practice for a classifier tomorrow with another gun as I don’t have a holster for the DWX yet), so about 1000-1200rds through it since I got it Monday 3/30. Not a single malfunction. Everything about it is F-ing perfect, I’m smitten. No issues with the safety or side to frame fit (I’d read online about a few issues people had related to these); everything is TIGHT but still runs flawlessly.

Best pistol I’ve ever owned by far.
Awesome! Thanks for that review. Which ammo were you using? Any plans for an optic?
 
Back
Top Bottom