By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
They’re not sold retail here but you can only get them through private party transfers, it can take a long time and the downside is the competition.Where are you finding these? I thought they weren't sold in the US
How are you liking the IM slide? What are the benefits of using it?Finished build
IM slide
Holosun 507 comp green
CGW pro
11lb spring
Armory craft magwell
I believe those were grandfathered so they don't require cz to renew the certification to stay on, but none of those are made any more.
So far not a single failure to feed or extract. I think a lot of people who have problems with their IM slides haven’t broken in their internals yet. Bear in mind I’m also running a 11lb recoil spring so no failures was surprising to me but I had about 1000 rounds into the gun before switching to the impact slide. I shot 500 rounds when I first got the slide and after that I took it home an polished all the contact points. Used 600 grit then used metal polishing compound and a dremel to fine polish it. But before that I had polished the feed ramp and the barrel with the dremel as well. Benefits of it is you don’t have to mill out your OEM slide if your ever want to resell or risk someone messing up your OEM slide if you send it off to get milled. Also now with the impact slide you can fit p320 holsters per impact and safari land 7000 holsters if you’re into that.How are you liking the IM slide? What are the benefits of using it?
Is one of the blues SA and one DA/SA?I collect more than I shoot, but these are my all time favorites.
Negative, both DA/SA--one is optics ready.Is one of the blues SA and one DA/SA?
Cool looking room!
Nice. I have a full size DWX and love it. I would like to get a compact but not at California prices.Does this count? My new DWX compact (CZ 75 compact/shadow 2 compact frame with 1911/2011 upper/trigger group)View attachment 173160View attachment 173159View attachment 173161
I was actually looking for a full size as I don’t own any full size pistols other than a CZ75 (I have smallish hands so compacts usually fit better) and I wanted it for competition, but the compact popped up via response to a WTB add and I just got my CCW so I figured what the hell. I’m qualifying with it to add to my permit Monday and will carry it every day I can (p365 as backup if I need a smaller gun). It’s the most $ I’ve dropped on a pistol so far but worth every penny, I’m obsessed with it.Nice. I have a full size DWX and love it. I would like to get a compact but not at California prices.
How was your experience shooting it? I just DROSed one today, a DWXc.I was actually looking for a full size as I don’t own any full size pistols other than a CZ75 (I have smallish hands so compacts usually fit better) and I wanted it for competition, but the compact popped up via response to a WTB add and I just got my CCW so I figured what the hell. I’m qualifying with it to add to my permit Monday and will carry it every day I can (p365 as backup if I need a smaller gun). It’s the most $ I’ve dropped on a pistol so far but worth every penny, I’m obsessed with it.
It’s incredible. Fits my hands PERFECTLY so it indexes very naturally to POA, no grip movement between shots, etc. Very accurate, flatter shooting and better follow up shots than my full size CZ75, trigger is great (maybe could be .5-1lb lighter but I’m not touching it as I’ll carry it).How was your experience shooting it? I just DROSed one today, a DWXc.
Awesome! Thanks for that review. Which ammo were you using? Any plans for an optic?It’s incredible. Fits my hands PERFECTLY so it indexes very naturally to POA, no grip movement between shots, etc. Very accurate, flatter shooting and better follow up shots than my full size CZ75, trigger is great (maybe could be .5-1lb lighter but I’m not touching it as I’ll carry it).
I put another 150 rds through it today (would’ve been more but I had to practice for a classifier tomorrow with another gun as I don’t have a holster for the DWX yet), so about 1000-1200rds through it since I got it Monday 3/30. Not a single malfunction. Everything about it is F-ing perfect, I’m smitten. No issues with the safety or side to frame fit (I’d read online about a few issues people had related to these); everything is TIGHT but still runs flawlessly.
Best pistol I’ve ever owned by far.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!