18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Experience with Users/Buyers on Here Ghosting

What if the system automatically generated a reminder to the recipient of initial feedback, a reminder to leave feedback for the other person in the transaction? Closing the loop as it were? That would be a good use of time and energy.
This is essentially what was described you would get a notice saying you have feedback pending one from you. Encouraging people to leave reciprocal feedback vs one way
 
This site would likely collapse without the buyers. Alienate the buyers and even the most gorgeous department store or ecommerce site will die.
You need traffic, which is why we’re diversifying and always have had plans to cast a wider net. Fortunately the forum side has grown and continues to grow as a resource.
 
1773079809775.webp

BTM - It sucks that you made a trip only to get flaked on.

I try to have 2 verbal conversations (not that I can't be fooled) to get a feel with who I'm dealing with, before meeting up with them.
I also try and confirm verbally with them before I leave to meet them.
If anything seems off (sketchy), I'll either not make a deal with them in the first place or cancel the meet-up unless it's really convenient for me.
 
Everyone knows the difference in rate between purchasing new commercially or off a PPT, but the saturating problem is those who are selling their used ones for like 5% under the otherwise "new + taxes" rate and justifying it by saying it is less than - and of course "only shot 20 rounds."
Personally, if I'm purchasing an $850 item, I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the brand new one from a store - unless you have an offer I can't refuse. Why risk my 850 when I know 900 is guaranteed and warrantied and all? It goes both ways.

This creates an environment where a group will circle around like vultures looking for a steal of a deal, and another group trying to sell their "I know what I have" pieces looking for their own steal of a deal, and a tiny fraction in the middle who actually make a transaction happen where both sides are happy.
Just search for Glock in the classifieds section and look at the atrocity that is the results. Beautiful capitalism!
 
Everyone knows the difference in rate between purchasing new commercially or off a PPT, but the saturating problem is those who are selling their used ones for like 5% under the otherwise "new + taxes" rate and justifying it by saying it is less than - and of course "only shot 20 rounds."
Personally, if I'm purchasing an $850 item, I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the brand new one from a store - unless you have an offer I can't refuse. Why risk my 850 when I know 900 is guaranteed and warrantied and all? It goes both ways.

This creates an environment where a group will circle around like vultures looking for a steal of a deal, and another group trying to sell their "I know what I have" pieces looking for their own steal of a deal, and a tiny fraction in the middle who actually make a transaction happen where both sides are happy.
Just search for Glock in the classifieds section and look at the atrocity that is the results. Beautiful capitalism!
Did you look at my classified lol
Everyone knows the difference in rate between purchasing new commercially or off a PPT, but the saturating problem is those who are selling their used ones for like 5% under the otherwise "new + taxes" rate and justifying it by saying it is less than - and of course "only shot 20 rounds."
Personally, if I'm purchasing an $850 item, I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the brand new one from a store - unless you have an offer I can't refuse. Why risk my 850 when I know 900 is guaranteed and warrantied and all? It goes both ways.

This creates an environment where a group will circle around like vultures looking for a steal of a deal, and another group trying to sell their "I know what I have" pieces looking for their own steal of a deal, and a tiny fraction in the middle who actually make a transaction happen where both sides are happy.
Just search for Glock in the classifieds section and look at the atrocity that is the results. Beautiful capitalism!
Glocks Gen 3 or all gens??
 
Everyone knows the difference in rate between purchasing new commercially or off a PPT, but the saturating problem is those who are selling their used ones for like 5% under the otherwise "new + taxes" rate and justifying it by saying it is less than - and of course "only shot 20 rounds."
Personally, if I'm purchasing an $850 item, I'd rather pay a few bucks extra for the brand new one from a store - unless you have an offer I can't refuse. Why risk my 850 when I know 900 is guaranteed and warrantied and all? It goes both ways.

This creates an environment where a group will circle around like vultures looking for a steal of a deal, and another group trying to sell their "I know what I have" pieces looking for their own steal of a deal, and a tiny fraction in the middle who actually make a transaction happen where both sides are happy.
Just search for Glock in the classifieds section and look at the atrocity that is the results. Beautiful capitalism!
I understand what you’re saying, but that doesn’t justify flaking or ghosting on an agreed-upon deal.
 
I understand what you’re saying, but that doesn’t justify flaking or ghosting on an agreed-upon deal.
One of the problems is there are people here who don't consider agreeing to buy something and then going silent to be ghosting. They say ghosting only occurs when you agree to meet up and don't show up. It's a credibility/integrity gap that I don't think will be overcome.
 
How about the person who messaged you requesting more pictures and you answered all of their questions to be never heard from them again.
 
How about the person who messaged you requesting more pictures and you answered all of their questions to be never heard from them again.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that nobody owes you anything until an agreement to buy has been made by both parties. I think your scenario is annoying, but you haven't lost out on anything but time. You aren't telling other people the item is sold or closing your ad just because someone asked for more pictures.
 
How about the person who messaged you requesting more pictures and you answered all of their questions to be never heard from them again.
On a ghosting scale of 1 to 10 (1 being low and 10 being high), that's a 2. If you didn't send pictures it would be a 1.

When someone asks me for more pictures (even if they want the pictures texted to them), here's what I try to do.
I post them as a reply to my post.
Update the original post with something like "more pictures are in post #5."
Inform the person that asked for more pictures that you've updated the thread with more picture (and the post #, if it's not in the first post).

By doing this, I don't feel like it was wasted effort, even if I never here back from the person that asked for the pictures.
Plus it provides more info for any other prospective buyers.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that nobody owes you anything until an agreement to buy has been made by both parties. I think your scenario is annoying, but you haven't lost out on anything but time. You aren't telling other people the item is sold or closing your ad just because someone asked for more pictures.
If you don't have a meeting of the minds, it's all just talk.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meeting_of_the_minds
 
That’s a 🍆 move. It’s annoying if they wasted your time with no intention of buying but it’s there right and ability to back out lol
Yes, it's annoying, but it's what you have to do sometimes in order to make a sale.

Asking for more pictures and/or information does not a deal make. There's nothing to back out of at that point.
 
One of the problems is there are people here who don't consider agreeing to buy something and then going silent to be ghosting. They say ghosting only occurs when you agree to meet up and don't show up. It's a credibility/integrity gap that I don't think will be overcome.
How can you agree to buy something and then never make plans to meet up? I mostly sell on here and quite a few people just kinda disappear after you talk to them but if they say they want it my next message is "which FFL". That's often when they fade away but it's not like I'm confused, I didn't get an answer and moved on. But there shouldn't be any time in between "I want it" and making an appointment to buy it.
 
That’s a 🍆 move. It’s annoying if they wasted your time with no intention of buying but it’s there right and ability to back out lol
That's not a 🍆 move at all, they looked at it and moved on. It's called asking for more information.
 
Can we get a button for anyone using "Bro" or "Bruh" in a sentence when posting or when responding. Lol :p
You want them to say it because then you know they are flaky and you shouldn't expect anything
 
Back
Top Bottom