18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Experience with Users/Buyers on Here Ghosting

That's not a 🍆 move at all, they looked at it and moved on. It's called asking for more information.
I had a guy on eBay once when I was selling at a watch so thats how I drew my experience. Dude was asking for pictures of all sides of the watch, more than the norm. Pictures of the crown, the bezel. It wasn't clear enough so he wanted another closer up picture focused in. Picture of the box, picture of the watch with the caseback off to see the mechanics. It got to a point where I said I'm done sending you pictures, if you decide to purchase, purchase it. This isn't a simple, take a few good pictures of all sides and the box and send to them, this was like a CSI investigation bro.

For reference the watch was a Tudor Black Bay 58 lol
 
I had a guy on eBay once when I was selling at a watch so thats how I drew my experience. Dude was asking for pictures of all sides of the watch, more than the norm. Pictures of the crown, the bezel. It wasn't clear enough so he wanted another closer up picture focused in. Picture of the box, picture of the watch with the caseback off to see the mechanics. It got to a point where I said I'm done sending you pictures, if you decide to purchase, purchase it. This isn't a simple, take a few good pictures of all sides and the box and send to them, this was like a CSI investigation bro.

For reference the watch was a Tudor Black Bay 58 lol
Well yeah if they are going overboard that's annoying
 
Well yeah if they are going overboard that's annoying
Yeah let me clarify. If its a few good non intrusive pictures Its fine, but if homie wants the serial number, individual pictures of the frame, lower, taking parts off the lower and receiver, like the extractor, the recoil spring, the barrel, the trigger assembly, locking block, Hell nah, I'm not even going there.
 
Yeah let me clarify. If its a few good non intrusive pictures Its fine, but if homie wants the serial number, individual pictures of the frame, lower, taking parts off the lower and receiver, like the extractor, the recoil spring, the barrel, the trigger assembly, locking block, Hell nah, I'm not even going there.
I hate it when people ask me to text more pictures or DM them more pics. One I got a flip phone and can't send pics. And I know myself and camera suck at taking pictures. LOL

I need to step up my picture taking game.
 
Did you look at my classified lol

Glocks Gen 3 or all gens??
I wasn't but a 2.3k to 1.8k price drop on a Glock tells you exactly what I meant.. 🍻
I understand what you’re saying, but that doesn’t justify flaking or ghosting on an agreed-upon deal.
Nothing justifies flaking or ghosting. I'm just surprised at the expectations from sellers beyond the actual physical flaking/ghosting situation which by itself is a major issue and we should definitely keep the forum list updated. I personally like to keep sellers updated but I wouldn't think a no update (when no deal has been made) would constitute flaking either...

Someone else mentioned pictures... I've purchased more using this site than my feedback shows (many don't like to leave feedback I guess), and I often find posts with one or two photos only, showing blurred details. Again, if I'm paying you 5%-15% less than retail-out-the-door price for a used item, I want to "inspect" the item before I have you drive somewhere, drive myself there, meet and find out your "7/10" rating of the bore doesn't match its 4/10 that I'd rate it. Those two minutes preparing photos can save two parties that meet up time.
 
How about the person who messaged you requesting more pictures and you answered all of their questions to be never heard from them again.
I had that happen recently, I assumed they didn't like the pictures, didn't bother me at all the 2 minutes it took to take and upload them. If it's an expensive item and they want a lot of pics I'd probably throw together a short video and share it out with them. I can also add it to my ad for others if desired so it's not really wasted time to me.
 
I think the two pictures thing is a limit for non member (no donations were paid) accounts. It’s a website thing. All my classifieds have two because that’s the restriction. If I could post more I would post 5 most likely
 
Last edited:
I wasn't but a 2.3k to 1.8k price drop on a Glock tells you exactly what I meant.. 🍻

Nothing justifies flaking or ghosting. I'm just surprised at the expectations from sellers beyond the actual physical flaking/ghosting situation which by itself is a major issue and we should definitely keep the forum list updated. I personally like to keep sellers updated but I wouldn't think a no update (when no deal has been made) would constitute flaking either...

Someone else mentioned pictures... I've purchased more using this site than my feedback shows (many don't like to leave feedback I guess), and I often find posts with one or two photos only, showing blurred details. Again, if I'm paying you 5%-15% less than retail-out-the-door price for a used item, I want to "inspect" the item before I have you drive somewhere, drive myself there, meet and find out your "7/10" rating of the bore doesn't match its 4/10 that I'd rate it. Those two minutes preparing photos can save two parties that meet up time.
It’s priced fairly if you consider the whole package wink wink. Don’t mind the price drop it’s a marketing move lol
 
It’s priced fairly if you consider the whole package wink wink. Don’t mind the price drop it’s a marketing move lol
Just saying what the market is like. If you’re not worried about it you can let it sit and wait 6-9 months if you need to. Some need to sell and get anxious about those vultures circling and still don’t drop price lol
 
It’s priced fairly if you consider the whole package wink wink. Don’t mind the price drop it’s a marketing move lol
It's almost always better to part your stuff out. You can sell the 509t on ebay for 350 so 300 after ebay fees, the ramjet for the same, then the gen 5 glock for 1100. That's the only way you will get that much money and you will sell it faster.
 
Hmmm. Doesn’t eBay take like nearly half for its commision lmao
no it should be around 13.6% which would be 48 on 350. You can probably even get 375 it looks like most 509ts are like 425 on there. Ebay is a good place to sell, less good to buy for gun parts because they tend to be high prices.
 
no it should be around 13.6% which would be 48 on 350. You can probably even get 375 it looks like most 509ts are like 425 on there. Ebay is a good place to sell, less good to buy for gun parts because they tend to be high prices.
Good idea would you recommend using their Advertising listing feature? They boost your item on the algorithm for a chunk of the sale price
 
Good idea would you recommend using their Advertising listing feature? They boost your item on the algorithm for a chunk of the sale price
only if it doesn't sell on it's own. The advertising is expensive. Just look at what people are selling a used version of you item is and just go a bit under. I almost always offer free shipping for small stuff, you can do the slowest and it will be like 5-7 dollars.
 
I’d be careful selling stuff on eBay probably can’t ship to anybody in California cause parts and accessories are illegal or some bull💩. Some company won’t send me Holosun because I’m in California. And then you got a bunch of people on here that know the law really well and they’ll give you the penal code and all that bull💩.
 
I’d be careful selling stuff on eBay probably can’t ship to anybody in California cause parts and accessories are illegal or some bull💩. Some company won’t send me Holosun because I’m in California. And then you got a bunch of people on here that know the law really well and they’ll give you the penal code and all that bull💩.
the beauty is you sell to everywhere outside of CA though. Optics aren't restricted, barrels are though so the radian he has for sale should probably go outside the state
 
the beauty is you sell to everywhere outside of CA though. Optics aren't restricted, barrels are though so the radian he has for sale should probably go outside the state
You say optics aren’t restricted, but someone’s gonna come out here and say that you’re wrong. I bought an optic for route 66. They made me fill out of paper. I buy optics from Ammo Bros they don’t care. Some companies are not shipping to California anything that can be added to a gun from my experience
 
Back
Top Bottom