18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Experience with Users/Buyers on Here Ghosting

It's definitely a sight to see when a cheap bastard gets something at a discount, tries to resell it, then gets angry about it when someone low balls them. It's the circle of life.
 
I would keep in mind that the market is 💩 at the moment. 100 dollars to me isn't much but to someone else it might be groceries or a weekend hanging out with friends or family. I wouldn't take it personal as selling anything on the second hand market will have its fair share of lowballers and resellers trying to make a buck off your stuff. Lots of people also bought guns during COVID and we know for a fact the vast majority of them are not shooters, hobbyist, nor hunters.
So true, yet look at all the $3k - $10k+ guns going up for sale. A lot of them are actually selling relatively fast. It's the great divide between have's and have-nots I suppose.
 
When I first started here a year and a half ago the community seemed small, maybe less than 10,000. Everyone seemed to be helpful and the deals seemed a little better. I think with a larger community you are going to get more people just trying to get a super deal by hitting as many ads as they can and moving on. It's like Craigslist; they contact you with a low ball offer and move on. As long as they're not trying to steal from me I just brush it off. I've met many solid people here that I trust - but still have not met a female buyer or seller.
I've only met two women since being on gun classified ads.
 
So true, yet look at all the $3k - $10k+ guns going up for sale. A lot of them are actually selling relatively fast. It's the great divide between have's and have-nots I suppose.
The key word here is "some" are selling but not all. I do keep my eyes on the gun market and have definitely seen the same guns or inventory sitting for years because the sellers or shops refuse to drop their prices. Now that I think about it, 12 years ago I couldn't touch anything WW2 without it costing an arm and a leg. Fast forward to 2026 and all of that stuff is selling at a discount because of the hoarders.
 
What happens when the seller doesn’t ghost you? And they respond with no or sorry can’t do it? Do you respond?

Do you try to go up higher in price with your offer?
Well often sellers don’t respond lol. But if they do and if it’s something I really want, I’ll try to offer more. It’s not something I want but just looking for a good deal, I’ll let them know that was my final offering price and if they ever need to sell it, they can count on my offer anytime.
 
I always do my homework when selling. I ask what I think is reasonable. I don't add a certain amount over for "negotiating", maybe I should, I see it a lot here.

I'm also willing to wait longer than some to get closer to my price. I'll may throw in some extras to incentivize people.

Given the sizable amount of new members we are getting, there is a good chance my item will sell. The market swings a good bit. I've noticed certain times of the year are better for selling than others.

Maybe we need a "what's it worth"? private channel for sellers to get opinions on pricing?
I tend to mix it up. Sometimes I start a little higher than what I think it will sell for so I can drop the price. Sometimes I'll price it so someone can talk me down a little. Other times I start the price low to sell so someone will see the deal and jump on it. There are different types of buyers just like different types of sellers and some are just looking for a good price.
 
I understand why deposits are banned here but it was a tool to get rid of non serious buyers. However rather than asking for a deposit I just tried to only with buyers with some iTrader history when I sold on calguns.
About half of the people who contacted me were lowballers or would ghost me.
Anybody with at least one preious successful PPT I never had a problem with. Too bad all the iTrader track record was lost.

Other things to get rid of non serious people was after settling on a price demand their phone number to continue the process. Some non serious buyers drop out when you try to collect their real contact info and name.

Some jerk buyers will try to lock in a price and try to get draw out the process with excuses they need 2 weeks until their next pay day. Anybody who needed more than a week to pay or meet always ghosted me.
To combat that I would state it was first come first serve and move on to the next buyer in line and push for a sake by the end of the next weekend. Also if you have an item in demand prefer buyers that are local.

I haven't tried to buy or sell anything on caguns yet.
 
Sounds like it could be beneficial to encourage new users to learn some formalities, etiquette, courtesy, and respect. It doesn’t require attendance of a community college course to learn “communication”. If you don’t want it or think it’s too expensive; just say sorry I realized it’s not for me. “Let me think about it”, is better than no response at all.
People who never learned this probably can't be taught and likely wouldn't be open to learning. Basic manners are taught by one's parents at an early age...or not.
 
I understand why deposits are banned here but it was a tool to get rid of non serious buyers. However rather than asking for a deposit I just tried to only with buyers with some iTrader history when I sold on calguns.
About half of the people who contacted me were lowballers or would ghost me.
Anybody with at least one preious successful PPT I never had a problem with. Too bad all the iTrader track record was lost.

Other things to get rid of non serious people was after settling on a price demand their phone number to continue the process. Some non serious buyers drop out when you try to collect their real contact info and name.

Some jerk buyers will try to lock in a price and try to get draw out the process with excuses they need 2 weeks until their next pay day. Anybody who needed more than a week to pay or meet always ghosted me.
To combat that I would state it was first come first serve and move on to the next buyer in line and push for a sake by the end of the next weekend. Also if you have an item in demand prefer buyers that are local.

I haven't tried to buy or sell anything on caguns yet.
Take a look at my listings bro Wink wink lol
 
Can anyone explain to me the psychology of lowballers. To me they don't seem like serious buyers. Just trying to shoot their shot and score significant concessions and discounts. The offers I have are extremely unreasonable.
 
Back
Top Bottom