By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
So true, yet look at all the $3k - $10k+ guns going up for sale. A lot of them are actually selling relatively fast. It's the great divide between have's and have-nots I suppose.I would keep in mind that the market isat the moment. 100 dollars to me isn't much but to someone else it might be groceries or a weekend hanging out with friends or family. I wouldn't take it personal as selling anything on the second hand market will have its fair share of lowballers and resellers trying to make a buck off your stuff. Lots of people also bought guns during COVID and we know for a fact the vast majority of them are not shooters, hobbyist, nor hunters.
I've only met two women since being on gun classified ads.When I first started here a year and a half ago the community seemed small, maybe less than 10,000. Everyone seemed to be helpful and the deals seemed a little better. I think with a larger community you are going to get more people just trying to get a super deal by hitting as many ads as they can and moving on. It's like Craigslist; they contact you with a low ball offer and move on. As long as they're not trying to steal from me I just brush it off. I've met many solid people here that I trust - but still have not met a female buyer or seller.
About how many people have you met doing deals? I figure it'll probably be 1 in 200.I've only met two women since being on gun classified ads.
Honestly, I don't recall.About how many people have you met doing deals? I figure it'll probably be 1 in 200.
In over 500 firearm related deals not a single woman for a business deal.About how many people have you met doing deals? I figure it'll probably be 1 in 200.
The key word here is "some" are selling but not all. I do keep my eyes on the gun market and have definitely seen the same guns or inventory sitting for years because the sellers or shops refuse to drop their prices. Now that I think about it, 12 years ago I couldn't touch anything WW2 without it costing an arm and a leg. Fast forward to 2026 and all of that stuff is selling at a discount because of the hoarders.So true, yet look at all the $3k - $10k+ guns going up for sale. A lot of them are actually selling relatively fast. It's the great divide between have's and have-nots I suppose.
Woman aren't realIn over 500 firearm related deals not a single woman for a business deal.
Well often sellers don’t respond lol. But if they do and if it’s something I really want, I’ll try to offer more. It’s not something I want but just looking for a good deal, I’ll let them know that was my final offering price and if they ever need to sell it, they can count on my offer anytime.What happens when the seller doesn’t ghost you? And they respond with no or sorry can’t do it? Do you respond?
Do you try to go up higher in price with your offer?
So you would think that out of 37,000 members there must be at least 20 women even if some of those are just buying for their significant others.In over 500 firearm related deals not a single woman for a business deal.
I started on Calguns in 2011. So, fifteen years and only met with two women.So you would think that out of 37,000 members there must be at least 20 women even if some of those are just buying for their significant others.
I tend to mix it up. Sometimes I start a little higher than what I think it will sell for so I can drop the price. Sometimes I'll price it so someone can talk me down a little. Other times I start the price low to sell so someone will see the deal and jump on it. There are different types of buyers just like different types of sellers and some are just looking for a good price.I always do my homework when selling. I ask what I think is reasonable. I don't add a certain amount over for "negotiating", maybe I should, I see it a lot here.
I'm also willing to wait longer than some to get closer to my price. I'll may throw in some extras to incentivize people.
Given the sizable amount of new members we are getting, there is a good chance my item will sell. The market swings a good bit. I've noticed certain times of the year are better for selling than others.
Maybe we need a "what's it worth"? private channel for sellers to get opinions on pricing?
People who never learned this probably can't be taught and likely wouldn't be open to learning. Basic manners are taught by one's parents at an early age...or not.Sounds like it could be beneficial to encourage new users to learn some formalities, etiquette, courtesy, and respect. It doesn’t require attendance of a community college course to learn “communication”. If you don’t want it or think it’s too expensive; just say sorry I realized it’s not for me. “Let me think about it”, is better than no response at all.
All I got is $200 bro. Can you take it lolHaven’t really been ghosted but tons of low ballers. You could list a new glock for 400 and still get low balled
Buck o' five!tree-fiddy
Can the Devs put in a Lowball badge LMAO.I wish there was an icon you could earn for low balling and being flakey.
Like after 10 lowball ratings you you get lowballer after 20 you get cheap bastard
After messaging and not following up 10 times you get Casper after 20 you get Slimer.
Didn't Alec Baldwin say that LOLYou miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
Take a look at my listings bro Wink wink lolI understand why deposits are banned here but it was a tool to get rid of non serious buyers. However rather than asking for a deposit I just tried to only with buyers with some iTrader history when I sold on calguns.
About half of the people who contacted me were lowballers or would ghost me.
Anybody with at least one preious successful PPT I never had a problem with. Too bad all the iTrader track record was lost.
Other things to get rid of non serious people was after settling on a price demand their phone number to continue the process. Some non serious buyers drop out when you try to collect their real contact info and name.
Some jerk buyers will try to lock in a price and try to get draw out the process with excuses they need 2 weeks until their next pay day. Anybody who needed more than a week to pay or meet always ghosted me.
To combat that I would state it was first come first serve and move on to the next buyer in line and push for a sake by the end of the next weekend. Also if you have an item in demand prefer buyers that are local.
I haven't tried to buy or sell anything on caguns yet.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!