- Messages
- 5,395
- Classified ads
- 3
Because I like emojis and the buttons would go in the DM display would be on your titleThe icon only shows in DMs?
Why do I need the votes of others represented as an emoji to understand what is can see in English?
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Because I like emojis and the buttons would go in the DM display would be on your titleThe icon only shows in DMs?
Why do I need the votes of others represented as an emoji to understand what is can see in English?
It most definitely is. I get complaints about this almost every day. So I want people to take care of it themselves. Also new users coming on it’s getting worse. So I’m looking for automated ways for people to do things on their own. Once it’s automated then it’s not my problem, press the button and move on. It forces people to check themselves if they’re inconsiderate with too many people. Right now no penalty, sellers get it.Is this really a big enough problem that it needs a solution?
It doesn't seem so to me.
Not a fan. Negotiating is just that. We are all adults here. Why not let people do what humans have done as long as there have been humans buying, selling, and trading?Because I like emojis and the buttons would go in the DM display would be on your title
It doesn't last forever.. It can go up or down automatically by other people pressing the button.Not a fan. Negotiating is just that. We are all adults here. Why not let people do what humans have done as long as there have been humans buying, selling, and trading?
We already have the feedback system which is excellent, but that's one buyer and one seller, not voting en masse or anonymously.
I have a better idea...a "suppress buyer" button. This just prevents the lowballer from being able to DM for sale ads if they get 5 or more suppressed votes, not an icon that lasts forever until some people vote the other way.
Garage sale mentality?No. It's that garage sale mentality. You could be selling a nice coffee cup for a dollar and someone is going to offer you 25 cents. They want to feel like they got a deal. It's fine with me. At least I got rid of something I didn't want anymore.
It doesn't last forever.. It can go up or down automatically by other people pressing the button.
If I didn't think it was worth it, i wouldn't waste my time. This is enough of a problem because i see plenty of complaints. We're also not talking about negotiating. You're speaking as if you have to press the button. You do not. It's optional and dynamic. You have to maintain below 5. It puts stress on the person to be nice, that's the point.
There is a positive options, not only one way negative. Other people can bring it back to balance. I think in general it's better for the community. The whole goal is people won't press it. Instead they'll press the opposite way and you gain a credit instead of a negative balance. Makes people more selective which is also the goal vs spray and pray lowballing wasting resources..
Bro 15% commision is a steal. Standard from what ive seen is 20%. Which LGS was this?I was attempting to sell 2 highly customized Glocks and got so tired of lowball offers and getting ghosted that I resorted to selling them on consignment at my lgs. Once knowledgeable people could get their hands on them they both sold in 1 weekend. I did have to give up 15% of my selling price, but it was worth it not to deal with the hassle. I just posted a screaming deal for a handgun yesterday. No lowball offers so far, but I have got a couple of people ghosting me after asking questions. I've come to expect those as they've obviously moved on to something else and forgot about our conversation. It's annoying, but not anything worth losing sleep over. This time I'll just wait it out until someone who truly appreciates the gun and the price finds it and appreciates the deal.
Agreed. 2A Zone Riverside asks for 20% which I also think is reasonable given their foot traffic. My local gun shop with far less foot traffic wants 30%.Bro 15% commision is a steal. Standard from what ive seen is 20%. Which LGS was this?
Sanctuary Tactical in Cave Creek AZ. My dad has bought several guns there so they probably gave me a deal.Bro 15% commision is a steal. Standard from what ive seen is 20%. Which LGS was this?
Its good to see a lot of passionate people on this thread. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to resolve this or classify this as a "problem". The classifieds here isn't like FB Marketplace or Offer Up where the expectation and norm is to negotiate concessions or steep discounts on everything. Theres a really good chance buyers will run into these sellers again so they shouldn't come off as discourteous because theres a chance one day, a seller will have something that is truly a steal or truly a super-rare item the buyer would pay listing. People should be able to submit offers whatever they want, some sellers may be feel disrespected for that. idk, can a moderator or staff comment if there is an official rules or policy with disrespect, tire kicking, non-serious buyers shooting their shots?
Oh dam. Not Cali stores.Sanctuary Tactical in Cave Creek AZ. My dad has bought several guns there so they probably gave me a deal.
The only official thing we have now is, if they have the no lowballers prefix it has to be within 10%. Aside from that it's fair game but we still have people complaining.. Hence the thought of adding in some penalties and benefits..Its good to see a lot of passionate people on this thread. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to resolve this or classify this as a "problem". The classifieds here isn't like FB Marketplace or Offer Up where the expectation and norm is to negotiate concessions or steep discounts on everything. Theres a really good chance buyers will run into these sellers again so they shouldn't come off as discourteous because theres a chance one day, a seller will have something that is truly a steal or truly a super-rare item the buyer would pay listing. People should be able to submit offers whatever they want, some sellers may be feel disrespected for that. idk, can a moderator or staff comment if there is an official rules or policy with disrespect, tire kicking, non-serious buyers shooting their shots?
The same guy will then write a complaint that you sold it to someone else..l I see it all the time..I've been ghosted quite a few times. set price, set place to meet, text day of meet up, ghosted. That's why I don't hold anything for anyone anymore. I was holding people's place in line but was getting ghosted and told other potential buyers that the sale was pending. A few people would be like "you already sold it?!" dude you didn't respond for 3 days, eat.
Those plates are HELLA ugly lol. I would pay to never have to see them againGarage sale mentality?
My free ad for the dinner set costs less than one penny. I never thought free would be so hard…..
Is this really a big enough problem that it needs a solution?
It doesn't seem so to me.
I want a button to report bad grammar and spelling errors!So sellers are complaining to management about low ballers and ghosting, and management is going to ad buttons to DMs so we can flag low ballers and ghosting? I mean no disrespect, but how do you guys survive in the real world buying and selling other stuff?
Ikeo this is your site so do what you think is right, but I think we as users are asking too much from you for something we as buyers and sellers “should” be able to handle ourselves. I mean most/many of us have been buying and selling on the “L” sites for years without the need for these things.
Next someone will ask management for the “rounds fired not accurate” button. “Seller said 100 rounds fired. Gun looks like 500+ rounds fired”. I want a button to report them.
There's already a button to report them...Next someone will ask management for the “rounds fired not accurate” button. “Seller said 100 rounds fired. Gun looks like 500+ rounds fired”. I want a button to report them.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!