18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Experience with Users/Buyers on Here Ghosting

Anyone who starts off the conversation with “what’s the lowest you will sell for” lmao the lowball intention is there right away
I don't agree with this. I would never ask this question but, it's not an unreasonable way to start a negotiation. I prefer evaluating the item, deciding what it would be worth to me and making an offer with some room to negotiate but, I would only do that after I ask my other questions pertaining to the item.
 
You know how you’re able to put no lowballers on the item you’re item you’ve listed. What if you could put next to your name? I only pay below MSRP or something like that so people know.
 
It's also not unreasonable to reply with "probably more than you can afford."

I disagree, that's just being an eggplant. You haven't the slightest idea what I or anyone else can afford. However, as a buyer, if I run into an eggplant, I just stick my wallet back in my pocket and walk away, even though it is full of cash.

An arrogant seller is one who usually has to wait a long time to move his wares.
 
Correct.
Yes lots of lowballers here.
Each of my classified posts have tons of lowballers replied me for lower price even if the price has already been lowest.
 
Anyone who starts off the conversation with “what’s the lowest you will sell for” lmao the lowball intention is there right away

I don't agree with this. I would never ask this question but, it's not an unreasonable way to start a negotiation. I prefer evaluating the item, deciding what it would be worth to me and making an offer with some room to negotiate but, I would only do that after I ask my other questions pertaining to the item.
I disagree this is an unreasonable way to start a conversion. I'm not going to negotiate with myself on your behalf. Just make an offer.
 
That hasn’t been my experience here so far. Everyone’s been really responsive and respectful. It’s kind of refreshing to be honest.
 
Recently there seems to be a high number of low ballers & tire kickers going around throughout the classifieds. Hopefully it’s just a temporary occurrence.
Word has gone around already. My LGS who is presently striving to be the largest single store operator in CA is reporting shared opinions of similar nature.
 
Really? Making an offer of any amount isn't a crime, it's capitalism.
I could take it or leave it really. Lowballing is fine if done respectfully, but most lowballlers aren't all that respectful, which is why they use this hackneyed approach.

Lowballing implies an insultingly low offer, in ny view.
 
10% is within reason, imo.
In most scenarios it’s about the approach. To start the communication with “will you take … (25% or more off the asking price)” is usually not a sincere buying proposal. Since firearms are not the usual item that gets shipped of from one user to another, the whole rats tail begins after. From experience it’s usually best to decline right there and then. Saves time and aggravation.
 
What people consider low ballet is subjective. However, a message rating would force you to be a little nicer. The main issue is vengeance ratings but the message would have to be open between the two. Maybe a little box on the side. Kind of like a uber review lol.

Just throwing out ideas im not looking for more work but I don’t like what im seeing and want to curb bad etiquette or at least maintain a standard

I don’t think it is needed and it’s such a judgment call anyway.

When I get the “what is the lowest you will take”, or an offer at 1/2 price, I just don’t respond. Same on Facebook, or any other forum I’m on.

We are grown men and I don’t think we need buttons on DMs
 
I've had one ghoster who offered to buy from me. I responded less than 24 hours later to try and set up a meeting date and time and they just never responded. To me that's perfectly fine as we never set up anything and no deal was made, so no hard feelings.
 
Everyone is taking lowballers way too seriously. Just reply "sorry I can't go that low". If it's close you can counter. I've had some people super low ball me but eventually come close to my asking. Don't blow off a potential buyer just because you didn't like their approach. You'll be surprised how many times it eventually works out if you treat others with respect.
 
Everyone is taking lowballers way too seriously. Just reply "sorry I can't go that low". If it's close you can counter. I've had some people super low ball me but eventually come close to my asking. Don't blow off a potential buyer just because you didn't like their approach. You'll be surprised how many times it eventually works out if you treat others with respect.
What if it doesn't work and they just get your offer and dissapear and move on to the next posting.
 
What if it doesn't work and they just get your offer and dissapear and move on to the next posting.
So? I didn't lose anything by treating someone the way I want to be treated. How does it help me by getting mad or frustrated? I just learned that this is not the person I want to deal with in the first place.
 
Back
Top Bottom