There's already a button to report them...
Seriously though, this is a way for people to publicly shame. This happened quite frequently on the L, site with people constantly threat crapping and being in pissy moods. Lol. Now we're trying to change that, but putting in some checks and balances because when you let things go, you can see how things get.
There was an insane amount of the thread crapping. IMHO, same problem different time, different solution. I think if people don't care then it's not a big deal. Plus it's one of the more common issues people have here. Much like people used search quite often with out location fields but now we do.. We're here to enhance the experience to make things easier for people.
I come from a world where if there's consensus, we can use technology to fix minor issues so we can push things forward to scale. The less you have things to complain about the better it is for everyone. As long as there's a common set of rules and everyone knows the impact, then the computer governs the rules in place. That ends up being less work for the moderators to get in the middle. The rules just have to be fair and penalties have to be significant enough to make a difference.
I look at it more as gamification. The whole value add here is the reputation building in different areas, but reputation doesn't only go

it can go down

too. Ultimately, I'm just trying some different approaches to get emailed/reported/etc. If we can push it back to you guys to self judge, like the feedback which is post, and add one that pre sales, then we have both scenarios covered.
Both parties would have a good picture and adds value to our platform for more quality on both sides which should make everything smoother.. That's idea at least. I'm not going to work on it right away, but I see this constantly come up. Same thing with flakers and ghosters. It's not hard to just say something out of courtesy to the other person. If you do it you're rewarded. If not nothing, else leave a bad taste.
Keep in mind, this is only in DM's. Not a public rating, but publicly viewable