18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Favorite firearm and car?

Miatas make excellent track cars. One friend of mine added a supercharger to his Miata. Another friend added a turbo charger which raised the HP to around 300 hp. He alsoaddedbigbrakes, upgradedsuspension, etc. It was quicker than a Dodge Viper and handled like it was on rails. Even completely stock, they are top notch cars.
 
Miatas make excellent track cars. One friend of mine added a supercharger to his Miata. Another friend added a turbo charger which raised the HP to around 300 hp. He alsoaddedbigbrakes, upgradedsuspension, etc. It was quicker than a Dodge Viper and handled like it was on rails. Even completely stock, they are top notch cars.
I used to have a 2008 Civic Si sedan, spent way too much money on cool parts and not nearly enough on seat time. Planning to do things right with the miata, mine is basically bone stock, only going to upgrade as things as they need replacement, focus the budget on seat time.

Likewise, transitioning to 1911s from Springfield Hellcats, gonna focus on round count repeitions over mods.
 
I believe the marching orders for those designing the car were to emulate the spirit of English sport cars but to make it more powerful, handle better, and make it super reliable. The engineers hit a home run.
 
The guy who cut my hair drove an F350. He needed something big to haul his horse trailer around.

Now, I haven’t had a haircut in about 5 years or more. I do trim my beard, though.
 
I used to have a 2008 Civic Si sedan, spent way too much money on cool parts and not nearly enough on seat time. Planning to do things right with the miata, mine is basically bone stock, only going to upgrade as things as they need replacement, focus the budget on seat time.

Likewise, transitioning to 1911s from Springfield Hellcats, gonna focus on round count repeitions over mods.
Those small cars are fun. I had an old eg6 with a b20vtec swap that I’d take into the canyons.

IMG_5014.webp
 
92fs inox and my 260z
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6086.webp
    IMG_6086.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0263.webp
    IMG_0263.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 3
Car: 2025 BMW M3 built-to-order, with manual transmission and carbon ceramic brakes. Best car I've ever owned.
Firearm: Springfield 1911 TRP Operator, full rail. I recently picked up a Staccato HD P4 and that is probably going to take the crown once I try it out.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.3.jpg
    Untitled.3.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 3
My 11th grade English teacher owned the original Datsun 240z. She kept asking me if I'd like to ride or drive it. Not really being a car guy, repeatedly declined her offer. Maybe I was missing something? :unsure:
 
Gun: My father’s WWII Luger. (See my avatar.)

Car: My 1973 VW bus. I built a very highly modified Porsche engine for it. Plus I added Koni adjustable shocks, a rear anti sway bar, track brake pads, high performance Michelin tires, a tachometer, custom curtains, a queen size bed, an awesome stereo and I painted the interior black and installed black fake fur on all the panels, and a bunch of other cool stuff. I never should have sold it.
 
Which HK and Porsche? Lol

No car guys in here huh? lol
I’ve had a half dozen bimmers and Audis over the years, a ford f350 that went to work, a 73 ford f150 I completely rebuilt. A super jacked up taco for a while.

I’m in my minivan era now

I get worked up anytime i see a 65 impala or a 65-67 Chevelle though.

The Lexus luxury overlanding segment is sort of starting to speak to me.
 
Gun: My father’s WWII Luger. (See my avatar.)

Car: My 1973 VW bus. I built a very highly modified Porsche engine for it. Plus I added Koni adjustable shocks, a rear anti sway bar, track brake pads, high performance Michelin tires, a tachometer, custom curtains, a queen size bed, an awesome stereo and I painted the interior black and installed black fake fur on all the panels, and a bunch of other cool stuff. I never should have sold it.
This sounds so rad. My kids have been begging me to get a bus like this for beach trips and damned if I’m not considering it.
 
Back
Top Bottom