By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
This description of your bus demands a photo collage. It sounds awesome.Gun: My father’s WWII Luger. (See my avatar.)
Car: My 1973 VW bus. I built a very highly modified Porsche engine for it. Plus I added Koni adjustable shocks, a rear anti sway bar, track brake pads, high performance Michelin tires, a tachometer, custom curtains, a queen size bed, an awesome stereo and I painted the interior black and installed black fake fur on all the panels, and a bunch of other cool stuff. I never should have sold it.
The main thing with a VW bus is the lack of front protection. It’s just thin sheet metal. I once saw a VW in a wrecking yard that had been hit head on by a Buick. The front end and the front wheels were back where the side doors open. And both people flew out the front windshield, leaving their legs behind, trapped in the bus before they died.This sounds so rad. My kids have been begging me to get a bus like this for beach trips and damned if I’m not considering it.
Unfortunately my ex has/had all my photos and we are not on speaking terms. From an appearance standpoint, imagine a red and white 1973 bus that appears to be stock but when you look inside the engine compartment, you see a 914 Porsche engine dominated by huge 44 Weber carbs. Insides included a custom cam ground by the legendary John DeLong, 2 liter Porsche heads, crank and rods, aftermarket pistons at 11.5:1 compression ratio, custom light weight push rods, Teflon buttons in the pistons instead of circlips, a complete balance job, clearancing, 009 distributer, a Melling cast iron oil pump, etc, etc. Essentially it was a custom built 2054 cc race engine. I took my bus to the drag strip one evenng and beat all comers.This description of your bus demands a photo collage. It sounds awesome.
Yeah no doubtThe main thing with a VW bus is the lack of front protection. It’s just thin sheet metal. I once saw a VW in a wrecking yard that had been hit head on by a Buick. The front end and the front wheels were back where the side doors open. And both people flew out the front windshield, leaving their legs behind, trapped in the bus before they died.
Buses can be very cool but they are inherently dangerous.
Fun little carSolothurn + Lotus Elise.
My friend bought a raw, empty VW van at Shiphole airport in Amsterdam when we went there in 1972. Paid $1600.Still, my bus was a hoot to drive. I could get scratch in first and second gear and I could break the rear end loose with just a stab of the gas pedal. I used to chase Porsches with it in the Santa Cruz mountains. And another time, late one evening, I was approached by a cop who’d seen me hanging the rear end out and fish tailing under hard acceleration. He told me he was going to write me a ticket but he then said no one would believe him. He let me go with a warning.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!