18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

First time CCW holder looking for a belt, any recommendations?

I think I wlll go with the Kore... Should I do the leather or nylon? Just want one belt... Which one is more comfortable?
I have both, nylon is tougher and lasts longer. Allow me to point out that on your edc set up the trinity are belt, holster and garment. Belt, that was your question and Kore is the consensus; holster- expensive but would last you a very long time and pairs well with kore would be a tenicor certum with the DCC clip, it is a rock solid set up; finally, garment- your pants should be a size or two larger to accommodate the girth of your pistol. That set up, makes carrying as comfortable as can be.
 
I have both, nylon is tougher and lasts longer. Allow me to point out that on your edc set up the trinity are belt, holster and garment. Belt, that was your question and Kore is the consensus; holster- expensive but would last you a very long time and pairs well with kore would be a tenicor certum with the DCC clip, it is a rock solid set up; finally, garment- your pants should be a size or two larger to accommodate the girth of your pistol. That set up, makes carrying as comfortable as can be.

Been carrying for years. Don't automatically exclude OWB. Obvi it depends on several factors, but in general and for me, OWB conceals just as well as IWB, but is light years more comfortable.

I also agree on the nylon vs. leather. I love my Milt Sparks Leather Belt & wear it, but my Wilderness Nylon Instructors belt (and another nylon belt I have) are my daily wear.

Mostly because I do not have to worry about them getting wet - esp. sweaty in the summer. Sweat, as you can imagine, is absolute murder on metal, leather, etc.
 
Groove belt for light weight flexible but still. Kore if you wang a soild stiff belt. I use both for different carry oprions.
 
Been carrying for years. Don't automatically exclude OWB. Obvi it depends on several factors, but in general and for me, OWB conceals just as well as IWB, but is light years more comfortable.

I also agree on the nylon vs. leather. I love my Milt Sparks Leather Belt & wear it, but my Wilderness Nylon Instructors belt (and another nylon belt I have) are my daily wear.

Mostly because I do not have to worry about them getting wet - esp. sweaty in the summer. Sweat, as you can imagine, is absolute murder on metal, leather, etc.
I’m being 100% serious, can you give some examples or stock photos of the types of outfits you can wear while carrying OWB? I just can’t picture it in CA. I hesitate to even carry my G19 IWB over my P365, though I’m learning better ways to do so.
 
My 2 cents…you don’t need to give your money to the EDC industrial complex. I’ve been carrying using a couple of buffalo hide belts I picked up on a road trip through South Dakota and couldn’t be happier. They’re also my go to belts when not carrying, just cinched a bit more. The maker is Vintage Bison, model is Calhoun, but I think any buffalo hide will work.
 
Hunter Constantine Carry Belt. It flexes with you as you sit. As a CCW training provider for OC and SD counties, I've seen all the belts.

 
kore, the hunter constantine belt I like for gym shorts but not outside of that. Gun flops around too much.
 
Last edited:
Vedder - been wearing it for 3 years no issues.
For casual day w sweats or shorts, the Hunter Constantine belt. Much better than the Philster IMO.

Good luck!
The Hunter Constantine Belt (also known as the EDC-S Belt from Tier 1 Concealed) is also great for AIWB carry with pants if you wear untucked shirts and the belt doesn't show. Definitley the most comfortable compared to the Kore Essentials, Zero Belt by Tenicor, and the Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC, which are the other 3 that I have tried. Can't beat the combination of stiffness in the front, and flexibility in the back. But would not recommend looks-wise if you have to tuck in your shirt.
 
Getting my permit soon and I am having a hard time choosing a ccw belt, planning to carry my p365 IWB. So many on the market that it is very confusing... Too stiff, not stiff enough, etc.... I never usually wear belts so this will be a whole new experience for me.

Any suggestions?

On a budget as well, don't care to break the bank.
Another (y) for Kore Essentials. Great belt, wears well with jeans or slacks and easy to adjust. Gun stays exactly where you put it once you ratchet the belt tight. I would easily have paid $100 for a Kore belt, but luckily, it's only going to cost you $60.
hunter Constantine and never look back
 
Just make sure you have a Hunter Constantine in there as well. Works under basketball shorts/sweat pants
 
I went with Kore because of the military discount on a regular and dress belt and they rock
 
I really enjoy the hunter Constantine belt its expensive but really comfortable i also like my kore belt because it makes my carry feel more secure and the adjustability is great
 
Back
Top Bottom