18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Full size showdown: M&P 2.0 vs PDP vs. Echelon

yeah once the PDP actually is available you are looking at a very similar pistol with a 200 dollar price difference. I haven't shot the VP9, maybe it's magic but it's probably just very similar.
 
I likely will get an Echelon But I do own an old xd9. So if I got a pdp it would be different, I always wanted a P99 in the past. But the comments about it being slide or top heavy I dont like.
 
I definitely still want an Echelon
But unfortunately they haven't hit shelves in CA yet, and won't for a while longer still...
So I'll wait for the Comp and it'll be more of a build, I love the flexibility the COG/FCU systems have.
I have a P365 also, I wish the Flux Raider was legal here... I'd love one for HD
If no mods I’ll still take the echelon. Has a recoil impulse like a g17. Optic ready. Good trigger .

Pdp is good but I definitely felt the slide snapping back more than the other 2.

2.0 isn’t optic ready and I just prefer red dots on my firearms. If you can wait for the optic ready version I’ll still pick echelon. I believe the trigger is better than the 2.0 stock trigger
 
If no mods I’ll still take the echelon. Has a recoil impulse like a g17. Optic ready. Good trigger .

Pdp is good but I definitely felt the slide snapping back more than the other 2.

2.0 isn’t optic ready and I just prefer red dots on my firearms. If you can wait for the optic ready version I’ll still pick echelon. I believe the trigger is better than the 2.0 stock trigger
supposedly sticking a lower weight recoil spring in the PDP fixes the "snappiness". All of these full size pistols basically weight the same so should have a similar recoil feel with minor variation.
 
supposedly sticking a lower weight recoil spring in the PDP fixes the "snappiness". All of these full size pistols basically weight the same so should have a similar recoil feel with minor variation.

I put a DPM recoil spring in my PDP compact, fired it along side my g19 and g47. I wasn't particularly paying attention to felt recoil but the PDP recoil did not stand out between the three.
 
supposedly sticking a lower weight recoil spring in the PDP fixes the "snappiness". All of these full size pistols basically weight the same so should have a similar recoil feel with minor variation.
yea was saying without mods. With mods I’d pick a pdp with ZR tactical long stroke recoil spring kit.

I really like the metal grip from mischief machine so echelon would be a close second
 
yeah once the PDP actually is available you are looking at a very similar pistol with a 200 dollar price difference. I haven't shot the VP9, maybe it's magic but it's probably just very similar.
That's what the reviews I've seen have pretty much agreed on.
Dollar for dollar, PDP offers basically the same capability for less. And it's still a very well built gun haha
 
I put a DPM recoil spring in my PDP compact, fired it along side my g19 and g47. I wasn't particularly paying attention to felt recoil but the PDP recoil did not stand out between the three.
I've already been looking at the DPM recoil system stuff.
 
yea was saying without mods. With mods I’d pick a pdp with ZR tactical long stroke recoil spring kit.

I really like the metal grip from mischief machine so echelon would be a close second
This is why I'm thinking I'll still wanna get an Echelon later on when they're available
Not like there aren't any mods available for the PDP, but the Echelon with the COG system opens up way more doors.
Especially since we only get the 2 models of PDP here in CA (at least right now)
With the COG system you can buy any grip moduel you want.
But I can't buy a steel frame PDP here (not new anyways)
 
I have a PDP Full size 4.0 with updated with xr tactical guide rod, brass backstrap, and walther dynamic trigger and I would say the trigger and grip is great. I shot my uncles ported echelon fullsize in Illinois bone stack and I was impressed. The trigger was better than my upgraded walther dynamic trigger and the grip angle is better too IMO. I feel like I am shooting .22lr.
 
This is why I'm thinking I'll still wanna get an Echelon later on when they're available
Not like there aren't any mods available for the PDP, but the Echelon with the COG system opens up way more doors.
Especially since we only get the 2 models of PDP here in CA (at least right now)
With the COG system you can buy any grip moduel you want.
But I can't buy a steel frame PDP here (not new anyways)
 
Oh man did you see that M&P metal announcement from Route66?

I've shot an off roster one...its nice.
 
Idk what happened but the thread is unavailable right now...
But I just checked the "recently added" list on the Roster and noticed a 4th P365 SKU?
It's the same as the regular 365 SKU but with SL on the end?
Does anyone know what the "SL" could be?
No info I've been able to find googling around. Nothing on Sig's site either...
Only the 3 other models: base, XL Rose comp, X-Macro comp.
 
Idk what happened but the thread is unavailable right now...
But I just checked the "recently added" list on the Roster and noticed a 4th P365 SKU?
It's the same as the regular 365 SKU but with SL on the end?
Does anyone know what the "SL" could be?
No info I've been able to find googling around. Nothing on Sig's site either...
Only the 3 other models: base, XL Rose comp, X-Macro comp.
Sig-Loc optic mount system; the other model has been discontinued.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom