caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Implemented GAFS Policy

ikeo1

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think about policy similar to GAFS?

I’m thinking of instituting a permission system.

• Sellers are not allowed to change price after the fact

Because I received mixed suggestion on it, I think a workaround would be to add a paid membership requipment to viewing sold/closed listing. This would not be implemented right away, but mainly for discussion. Only if you want to search and view previous history. Free version would allow you to search all existing listings only.

This serves two purposes.

• Keep history available
  • Only uses resources if there is actual value in it going back. Since some sellers want to delete but this does have an impact on the backend. It's slight but included are other benefits.

Perhaps a policy where after say 30 days after item marked "sold" (not just $PF, I've had a few transactions that took a long time to finalize a meetup....) only the item, price and maybe a short description would be retained? Not sure how it would work, but I would think that feedback can be given within that time, or it can't be left at all.... that would keep the FB database clean and compact as well as the current live listings.

Then for the historical pricing.... think https://www.genitron.com/Handgun-Database, but limited to the sales in Crazyfornia so as to track our insane roster influenced prices? Again, keep it simple, compact and clean all around!

It might be advisable to keep a hidden stored database of the sold items in case there is a dispute or issue with a firearm coming up stolen or something like that, but it wouldn't need a live query function, only accessible by admins.

Cost control is ALWAYS advisable, as is a monitization plan that will keep it interesting and not a burden.

PS: switched classifieds to grid view..... OOOOOOOOOH..... AHHHHHHH!!!! Veddy nice! I gotta go find some stuff I want to sell!

PPS: If CG is down too much longer, you'll want to prepare for SEO and organic SE traffic causing a FLOOD of new members... "two weeks" is looming!

switched classifieds to grid view..... OOOOOOOOOH..... AHHHHHHH!!!! Veddy nice! I gotta go find some stuff I want to sell!
Unfortunately, this is likely going to be an upgrade feature. It uses 6x more bandwidth because it uses the full res image to achieve that look. Users can use it for now.
PPS: If CG is down too much longer, you'll want to prepare for SEO and organic SE traffic causing a FLOOD of new members..

Our organic ranking is rising as more content is added so we’re good there. As more places find us and do link backs, that’s what will help us with SEO. If we get featured and linked to the better our ranking will be.

IMG_2609.jpeg

For the historical search we’ll leave it as is. It should be fine. Our DB is tiny right now. It should stay small too because of how we do things. The main thing is the number of listings.

I opened another thread up for questions.

i would prefer the ability to change price but i dont mind a locked listing after the Sale.

reason being, generally speaking, some people will create a post with a high price if they are reluctant to sell, then they will drop the price when they are more motivated to sell,

What i would strongly support is anti-thread crapping - one of the few things that shined in calguns and other various forums "if a price is too high" make a private offer in DMs, or just dont buy it. You dont walk into a store and tell them their product is cheaper on amazon. i know its a slightly different analogy but i hope my point gets across.

reason being, generally speaking, some people will create a post with a high price if they are reluctant to sell, then they will drop the price when they are more motivated to sell,
1.) You can edit the price. - this discussion is about deleting it after sale. If it gets deleted it'll get reinstated and a warning given.
2.) Here, you can acutally do a sale markdown.

Looks like this.. Nifty ehh?

What i would strongly support is anti-thread crapping
Already in the rules but as a compromise you can use the emoticons. Only factual representation is allow. Opinions will be moderated.
If you get a :poop: icon, it means people don't like it. Community should have an ability to say without saying. Reason being, we don't want people cluttering up the listings. If there are enough warnings buyer should know. IMO. But no personal opinion.

1.) You can edit the price. - this discussion is about deleting it after sale. If it gets deleted it'll get reinstated and a warning given.
2.) Here, you can acutally do a sale markdown.

Looks like this.. Nifty ehh?

Already in the rules but as a compromise you can use the emoticons. Only factual representation is allow. Opinions will be moderated.
If you get a :poop: icon, it means people don't like it. Community should have an ability to say without saying. Reason being, we don't want people cluttering up the listings. If there are enough warnings buyer should know. IMO. But no personal opinion.
ah, ok yes, that makes sense! got a vote from me then

yeah i already spot lowballers in the comment section of some of the postings haha.

the best communal say against an abnormal posting price is dead silence lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back