18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock gougers

Before we could get Glocks and not M&Ps, now it’s the opposite. Sucks to be a Glock fan now.
And now that the OR M&Ps are on the roster, I'm not even interested in a gen 6 Glock if it gets on the roster. I might sell an extra gen 3 to get an M&P. While Glock triggers are adequate, the current factory trigger on the M&Ps is much better.
 
Last edited:
Regardless of *why* supply is lower and demand higher, we're still talking about market forces; supply and demand. Nobody is forced to buy any specific gun so there cannot be gouging in play.

Besides, there are much better choices on roster now for the money. A BNIB Shadow 2 or S2C can be had for about $2,500 or less, and that's with the off-roster markup. A new TS2 base is about the same or a little more. A brand new Staccato HD C3.6 is $2,499.

Price gouging is a phrase more appropriate for a captive audience, such a raising drug prices astronomically for people beholden to that drug, where not taking it is not an option.
Yeah, but a Shadow 2 or Shadow 2 compact is $2,550 OTD. The Staccato HD C3.6 is closer to $3,000 OTD.
 
I was thinking PPT prices. You're right though, there will be state tax and excise tax for a new gun.
Honestly, I'm curious of your opinion of the Shadow 2 compact vs the Staccato HD C3.6. Which one do you think is the better CCW pistol size & weight and what not.
 
I just sold a like new G42 that was in my safe the last 8 or so years and untouched in all that time for 400 bucks. That's less than I paid for it. I hope that wasn't gouging.
Dang it! I’m on the lookout for a striped G43 frame. I expect that if/when I actually decide to go after it, I expect to probably pay twice that much for it. Somebody’s gotta pay for the nice weather.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, I'm curious of your opinion of the Shadow 2 compact vs the Staccato HD C3.6. Which one do you think is the better CCW pistol size & weight and what not.
Never shot a C3.6 but its gotta be personal choice at this price level. I shot 200rds thru a Shadow 2 Carry recently and wished I had more ammo *but* for EDC CCW I'd chose a Shield over a S2Carry any day - 2/3rd the width and 2/3rds the weight - it mightn't be a cool gun, but a Shield conceals very easily, weighs 20oz and saves you $2k towards a dedicated range 9MM.
 
I did that with primers and .22LR during COVID for the exact same reason. Don’t be surprised to see them in the MP for $1k ea before you get home from signing the transfer papers.
No, I know these guys too well. They will probably die before they sell their Glocks. Besides, they are so green that they don’t even know about any marketplaces.
 
I have an

I have a NIB Glock 34.3 listed for $850 (still close to or at my out the door cost, back in November 2025).

Not sure if online retailers are even able to ship them to stores but here is guns.com pricing, consistent elswhere. After online transfer fees, taxes...you're paying $1k. Even local FFL's and consignment have them for ~$1k.

View attachment 157113+.
That may be so for a g34. But this was a plain jane g19.3 probably the most abundant and boring Glock in existence. (And yes I own one, along with multiple others)
 
Between this site and the previous that most of us came from I have gotten some amazing deals from LEO’s on off roster Glock and Sig! Thank you guys for being in it for the community and not bending over the regular guys.
 
I have an

I have a NIB Glock 34.3 listed for $850 (still close to or at my out the door cost, back in November 2025).

Not sure if online retailers are even able to ship them to stores but here is guns.com pricing, consistent elswhere. After online transfer fees, taxes...you're paying $1k. Even local FFL's and consignment have them for ~$1k.

View attachment 157113+.
And they are selling quickly in stores. I have a NIB G34 and G19. Not sure if I’m going to keep them or sell them after July and put the money toward a Shadow 2. I’m trying to level up my shooting skills and shooting multiple platforms or changing platforms defeats that purpose. I don’t think I’ll have a problem selling them.
 
Between this site and the previous that most of us came from I have gotten some amazing deals from LEO’s on off roster Glock and Sig! Thank you guys for being in it for the community and not bending over the regular guys.
same thing, over the years I've bought many off-roster Glocks off many different LEO for less than Gen3 MSRP. Twice, I had ammo and extra mags thrown in for free outside after the deal.
 
Back
Top Bottom