- Messages
- 167
- Classified ads
- 1
But then you'd have to shoot an Echelon lol
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I carried a 229 in .40 for years. It is a fantastic gun. The holster started getting tired so I migrated back to a P365 but as soon as I get around to buying another holster, the P226 will be back on my hip pointing at my dikc.
View attachment 185637
If you want to dump any more sigs, I’m your guyjk I’m just not a sig guy
I’ve owned a p226 extreme and p365 fuse
Shot both and sold it
P365 was accurate tho
my p10f by far the most accurate striker fired pistol I’ve shot besides my pdp
My carry is a p01 until my shield x gets out of county lockup
Agree. It’s not just the lifetime factor… how much money are you going to spend on AMMO shooting the thing? I’ve spent $2k on ammo in the last few months… that makes the $900 vs $1200 distinction on a gun that last me 50 years a lot less meaningful…Considering that guns last life time the whole 'overpriced' angle is overstated. What is 200 or even 300 difference means for product that lasts 50+ years?
My very first cz I bought over 20 years ago and with few spring changes it is basically in like new condition. Leaving aside appearance of cause it has scratches there and there..... But operationally I would bet my life on it.
So it comes to what you like. I like cz..... I don't like hk. I am not saying they are bad. It is what I like. So price is academic here to large degree.
Because for that $300 you can get a superior Heckler and Koch that will also last 50 years, and perform better. Why buy a Camry for the same price as a 911 TurboConsidering that guns last life time the whole 'overpriced' angle is overstated. What is 200 or even 300 difference means for product that lasts 50+ years?
My very first cz I bought over 20 years ago and with few spring changes it is basically in like new condition. Leaving aside appearance of cause it has scratches there and there..... But operationally I would bet my life on it.
So it comes to what you like. I like cz..... I don't like hk. I am not saying they are bad. It is what I like. So price is academic here to large degree.
Right?! First one was a little intimidating to take apart, but 2nd and 3rd were cake. Couple of punches, block and hammer. I cajunized sp-01, 75b, 97b and change triggers to Cajun with reduce reach kits on p-01 and PCR.Having Cajunized 3 CZs, you literally only need a punch to completely rebuild one from scratch. Which you also need for a glock or anything else. The only thing that breaks on them after like 20-30k rounds is the slide stop and trigger return spring.
Yeah it's barely harder than doing an M&P or similar, they have a lot of the same parts like a trigger spring and sear. The only annoying thing is the hammer pins. You just have to have the right punchRight?! First one was a little intimidating to take apart, but 2nd and 3rd were cake. Couple of punches, block and hammer. I cajunized sp-01, 75b, 97b and change triggers to Cajun with reduce reach kits on p-01 and PCR.
I had a love hate relationship with that gun and finally sold it. I have a medium hand and hated the ergonomics. I carried it, tried it in USPSA and took classes with it. Standing flat footed and slow firing at paper , it was fun, but for Action pistol, it wasn’t for me.I carried a 229 in .40 for years. It is a fantastic gun. The holster started getting tired so I migrated back to a P365 but as soon as I get around to buying another holster, the P226 will be back on my hip pointing at my dikc.
View attachment 185637
Mine is an older version German made. Matching serial numbered slide. For the brief time I did play USPSA, I played single stack major (I spent more time retrieving magazines than running the stage LOL) without a doubt, in my case, I’m better with my 229 than I am with my “race” 1911. And I have well over 25K down the pipe on that 1911. But that’s me. I’m not “pro” by any means. More of a mediocre shooter. IME, the 229 conceals nicely and puts rounds on target quickly and fails pretty much never. I encourage people to use the gun they are comfortable with.I had a love hate relationship with that gun and finally sold it. I have a medium hand and hated the ergonomics. I carried it, tried it in USPSA and took classes with it. Standing flat footed and slow firing at paper , it was fun, but for Action pistol, it wasn’t for me.
Ended up going with a CZ75 P-01 which seemed like what the P229 could have been. I could modify the P-01 for my hand with a greater array of grip panels from LOK. There are really crappy choices for the Legacy p229’s as far as grip panels. I could not rapid fire and shoot on the move with it as easily as I could the P-01 with more intuitive controls and greater customization options. I keep that one stock with factory springs but it’s amazing. I used the money from selling the P229 to buy another P-01. I’ve got a custom SP-01 too. Just had my first failure on the P-01 with a broken firing pin at a little over 12k down the pipe.
As far as what guns are worth…. It’s what kind of a shooter are you? If someone is hardcore into a platform, they are working hard at it. They know it’s the Indian not the Arrow. It’s not about the price , it’s about mastery of the platform. My next purchase is going to be a Shadow 2. I’m not interested in any gun with a mag disco or LCI. I don’t want any CA features on my guns and I’ll pay for that.
Really? I don’t have a CZ… seems like it might be a hole in my collection.Got a brand newish 75b for sale lol
Im sucker for CZs. My very first one was SP-01. Went to buy m9 beretta (the only gun I knew other than Glock, and i didn’t want Glock lol), but wasnt in love with ergonomics.Really? I don’t have a CZ… seems like it might be a hole in my collection.
IMHO HK are not superior to CZ.Because for that $300 you can get a superior Heckler and Koch that will also last 50 years, and perform better. Why buy a Camry for the same price as a 911 Turbo
The post is about Glocks. lolIMHO HK are not superior to CZ.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!