18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

GLocks and CZs are over rated.

P226 over a SP01/P01 👀 never
I carried a 229 in .40 for years. It is a fantastic gun. The holster started getting tired so I migrated back to a P365 but as soon as I get around to buying another holster, the P226 will be back on my hip pointing at my dikc.

IMG_0549.webp
 
Reliable firearms but for sure not worth what people are asking. Especially with so many choices on the roster now.
 
Title should read, "Glocks are overrated". The Gen 6's in the marketplace are ridiculously overpriced. I've seen some very decent deals on some CZ's and would never pay for a Glock what I could get a great 1911, Sig, Beretta or CZ for. I'm not sure what people are paying for the Gen 6's, most of those ads just keep getting bumped.
 
Glocks, yes. CZs, heck no. My 75BD is a great gun, way better build quality than my Sigs. Cz DA/SA (especially SA) is way better than Sig’s equivalent. I just bought a SP-01 for $900 and it’s probably the most gun for my money I’ve ever bought, especially considering the tax on new purchases these days. I prefer it to a new M&P/PDP or my new Echelon (which is a good gun). Plus with amazing aftermarket support like CGW or CZC you can get a gun that rivals $3k+ guns for much less, whereas with some other guns (echelon included) there is not a much room for improvement due to the designs.

Glock prices are wild, I was/am considering a g34 or g17 but it’s hard to justify the price, I’ll probably wait and hope the gen 6s get on roster later this year.
 
OP has it twisted. There is a difference between overrated and overpriced. As mentioned, some just want what they can't have. Can't speak for Glock, but CZ makes a great firearm. DA/SA de-cockers are where it's at. BS that many are now off roster due to Cali reqs.
CZ are both over priced and over rated. Complex pistols that require a bunch of tools to repair
 
CZ are both over priced and over rated. Complex pistols that require a bunch of tools to repair
Having Cajunized 3 CZs, you literally only need a punch to completely rebuild one from scratch. Which you also need for a glock or anything else. The only thing that breaks on them after like 20-30k rounds is the slide stop and trigger return spring.
 
Reliable firearms but for sure not worth what people are asking. Especially with so many choices on the roster now.
Not anymore reliable than a Sig, Beretta, H&K etc. they’ve been living off that for a while
 
Last edited:
CZ are both over priced and over rated. Complex pistols that require a bunch of tools to repair
Agreed. I had at one point , 5 cz 75 variant pistols . All gone now . They are good guns, not out of this world good. I understand you can upgrade them to make them better . But I like stuff I don't have to mess with too much . For da/sa pistol out of the box I like my Beretta PX4. The px4 much simpler to work on if need be.
 
Yup. LEOs make the pricing and people pay the price just to have the “newest” gun, but they can just save that money and buy something nice that’s on roster for the same price.
Several year ago I sold an off roster Ruger LCP for $550. Some would say that's price gouging for a gun with a $339 retail. But I looked at it differently. I added the cost of tax and DROS, then I added the cost of the laser sight I had installed and the custom pocket holster. That came out to $550, so that's what I sold it for. I lost no money and I gained no money. My buyer has no heartache over the price and he absolutely loved the side mounted laser
 
Back
Top Bottom