18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Tech HK VP9’s have arrived

I suppose... but I think it's been like a year! and I haven't seen any or even heard of dealers having them..
We have piles of vp9, SK and we'll have piles of the others soon. We're about done with our pre-orders
 
Likewise!...Long slide for me... Plenty of times I have been selling a gun then during the transfer something always seems to catch my eye and then I am the owner of something else by the end of the transfer...
And this is why we welcome ppts
 
If my memory serves me right, my first VP9 was my final SSE pistol. I paid $599 for it.

I then PPT'd a long slide VP9L for $700 and finally a VP9SK for $600 which at the time was an awesome deal, everyone was asking between $1000 and $1200 back then.

They are great guns, I have 2 of them on my CCW.
 
Well I am not to far from you! just might have to come there! also hope you faired ok with the fires!
Fires were not near us for the most part. There was one little one that it went out pretty quickly. The wind however... We've been doing repairs at all three locations (third is manufacturing facility where we build stuff, no public access)
 
Anyone notice how the trigger on the VP9 irritates the pad of your trigger finger? Its a common complaint. Not sure what it is about the design but HK hasnt mastered that type of trigger. And its a royal pain to change the trigger on a VP9. The VP9 is a great gun, but the Walther is what I prefer because of the trigger irritation issue.

Anyone looking to drop a grand on the VP9 should rent one first and shoot it for at least 50rds to make sure the trigger doesnt bother you. Or shoot it wearing gloves. No other gun I've tried has this issue, not even a Glock. Its really a shame because the gun is very accurate and ergonomic (except for the painful trigger shoe).
 
Anyone notice how the trigger on the VP9 irritates the pad of your trigger finger? Its a common complaint. Not sure what it is about the design but HK hasnt mastered that type of trigger. And its a royal pain to change the trigger on a VP9. The VP9 is a great gun, but the Walther is what I prefer because of the trigger irritation issue.

Anyone looking to drop a grand on the VP9 should rent one first and shoot it for at least 50rds to make sure the trigger doesnt bother you. Or shoot it wearing gloves. No other gun I've tried has this issue, not even a Glock. Its really a shame because the gun is very accurate and ergonomic (except for the painful trigger shoe).
I had this same issue with the Glock 43x. I swapped the trigger out for an Apex drop in.
 
Anyone notice how the trigger on the VP9 irritates the pad of your trigger finger? Its a common complaint. Not sure what it is about the design but HK hasnt mastered that type of trigger. And its a royal pain to change the trigger on a VP9. The VP9 is a great gun, but the Walther is what I prefer because of the trigger irritation issue.

Anyone looking to drop a grand on the VP9 should rent one first and shoot it for at least 50rds to make sure the trigger doesnt bother you. Or shoot it wearing gloves. No other gun I've tried has this issue, not even a Glock. Its really a shame because the gun is very accurate and ergonomic (except for the painful trigger shoe).

Never had any discomfort on the pad of my finger or seen this complaint before but I have pinched my finger with the VP9. If your finger is too low on the trigger (or you have really large fingers) it can get pinched between the bottom edge of the trigger and the recessed grove in the trigger guard. Some people sand down the groove to eliminate the issue. Or you can just make sure you place your finger a little higher on the trigger which is what I do.
 
Never had any discomfort on the pad of my finger or seen this complaint before but I have pinched my finger with the VP9. If your finger is too low on the trigger (or you have really large fingers) it can get pinched between the bottom edge of the trigger and the recessed grove in the trigger guard. Some people sand down the groove to eliminate the issue. Or you can just make sure you place your finger a little higher on the trigger which is what I do.
Yeah im fully aware of the pinching issue on the trigger guard that is common with other HK models. I dont have an issue with that. My issue is the trigger shoe. There is something about it that irritates the pad of your finger. If you search online its actually pretty common.

I just recommend anyone thinking about buying one of these to try them out first since they arent exactly cheap. And its not like a Glock where you can easily replace the trigger blindfolded upside down one arm tied around you back an no thumbs. These guns are a pain to work on.
 
Yeah im fully aware of the pinching issue on the trigger guard that is common with other HK models. I dont have an issue with that. My issue is the trigger shoe. There is something about it that irritates the pad of your finger. If you search online its actually pretty common.

I just recommend anyone thinking about buying one of these to try them out first since they arent exactly cheap. And its not like a Glock where you can easily replace the trigger blindfolded upside down one arm tied around you back an no thumbs. These guns are a pain to work on.
I agree with you about trying them first. But never heard of or read about the trigger shoe issue until your post. Glad I don't have any issue with mine.
 
Back
Top Bottom