Wow interesting thoughts, I literally just traded my CZ Shadow 2 for the Hex pickup is next week I'm really exited to take it to the range.So I just bought a Jacob Grey Hex a couple weeks ago and finally shot it today. My plan was to make it my new everyday carry. I was a little upset that I didn't know the Hex Pro was about to be released, but also don't think I would have spent another grand.
When I shot it today, it was surprisingly snappy in my wrist. Maybe it's because of the aluminum frame and grip, or the ports? All I know is I brought my Staccato XC, MAC 9 DS Comp and the Hex. The Hex was my least favorite of the day. Obviously, I must be a compensator guy. Nothing comes close to my XC, and I'm not a Staccato fan any longer now that they went all in on the stupid HD line! My duty gun is the Staccato C, and I'm pissed that they discontinued the V3 line. DUMB!
The MAC 9 felt softer than the Hex. I will say, the Hex did return to zero well, but it was just kinda painful to shoot. Maybe I'm just a bigguy, I don't know. It might just be for sale in a year because of the big, stupid, retarded CA DOJ not letting me sell it.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
I guess to make this post make sense, let me know what you think about port vs. comp?
I'm not trying to sound like a DB because I get to buy guns like a normal American. If I could, I'd sell it right now for what I'm into it for.
-Donkey T
Most ppl I've talked to or read online really had only good things to say
I have V ports on my Shield plus and a comp with my 365 axg but really got to shoot them back to back and see what i prefer
Hopefully while sitting on it for a year you'll get used to it maybe like it again