I have acquired two new hadnguns (p320 and USP) while waiting for the PDP, lol. And I`m sort of afraid I will get even more before the PDP arrivesDamn! Thats tough
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com ā free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I have acquired two new hadnguns (p320 and USP) while waiting for the PDP, lol. And I`m sort of afraid I will get even more before the PDP arrivesDamn! Thats tough
I picked up mine but I put a deposit at Route 66 months agoGood morning,
Has anyone seen an on roster Weather PDP at their dealer yet!
TIA,
Keith
yes i didn't know about this either. Seems people here were asking the same thingLooks like the magazine disconnect will need major modifications to be removed, the same for enhanced action trigger to be installed.
Bummer.
The Walther also comes optic ready which makes it significantly cheaper. The only downside is it doesn't yet exist here haI was at Turner's in El Cajon SD recently and they had a few Compacts they had just gotten in that were sold already.
I got to handle one of them though...
Thing is pretty sweet haha
I was torn between an M&P9 2.0 FS and the PDP FS but being able to handle both side by side in the store, the trigger on the Walther definitely seems to live up to the hype (at minimum it feels WAY better than the M&P...)
For the same MSRP, and the fact that a lot of PPQ parts will work on it... I think the Walther wins
I just gotta see if I can get my hands on one xP
Discount Gun Mart in Santee also is still waiting for their orders to arrive, they were told "late summer" apparently...
That's another reason I'm thinking I'll go with the Walther, the ~$100+ difference in price (this is sale pricing I've seen on the M&P so far vs MSRP on the Walther, both are the same MSRP otherwise) may still be less than the cost of having the M&P slide optics cutThe Walther also comes optic ready which makes it significantly cheaper. The only downside is it doesn't yet exist here ha
I would honestly go shoot each one at a range that rents them and just choose based on that, they have different ergos which could make or break what works for you, the PDP is better for smaller hands from what I have read. I have XL sized glove hands and only use the medium backstrap on an M&P.That's another reason I'm thinking I'll go with the Walther, the ~$100+ difference in price (this is sale pricing I've seen on the M&P so far vs MSRP on the Walther, both are the same MSRP otherwise) may still be less than the cost of having the M&P slide optics cut
Let alone changing out the slide for a cut one, or there's been talk of S&W releasing a CA optics ready version too, but I'm sure that'll be in high demand if/when it hits the roster too.
Makes too much sense at this point to wait for the PDP I think
Yeah the PDP just felt that next level more comfortable, and I only got to hold it the one time.I would honestly go shoot each one at a range that rents them and just choose based on that, they have different ergos which could make or break what works for you, the PDP is better for smaller hands from what I have read. I have XL sized glove hands and only use the medium backstrap on an M&P.
Wow, that is a quite chunky view. Looks like a transformer gunSportman's Warehouse by my house in Santee (San Diego)
No 4.5" though
It was so nice to handle it again
I can't wait til I can shoot one...
Like the thickness of the slide? Yeah hahaWow, that is a quite chunky view. Looks like a transformer gun
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, youāll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.šø We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!