18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • šŸ“¢ Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is the Walter PDP here yet?

I've been waiting for mine to get here for months. The Turners by me has been slowly getting them.
 
A week ago my local dealer got 2 in said they were both sold but got t to check one out... They have more on the way. Very NICE!
 
Curious, do the CA versions have different serial number patterns, you know how the free state ones all start with ā€œFxx####ā€.
 
I was at Turner's in El Cajon SD recently and they had a few Compacts they had just gotten in that were sold already.
I got to handle one of them though...
Thing is pretty sweet haha
I was torn between an M&P9 2.0 FS and the PDP FS but being able to handle both side by side in the store, the trigger on the Walther definitely seems to live up to the hype (at minimum it feels WAY better than the M&P...)
For the same MSRP, and the fact that a lot of PPQ parts will work on it... I think the Walther wins
I just gotta see if I can get my hands on one xP
Discount Gun Mart in Santee also is still waiting for their orders to arrive, they were told "late summer" apparently...
 
I was at Turner's in El Cajon SD recently and they had a few Compacts they had just gotten in that were sold already.
I got to handle one of them though...
Thing is pretty sweet haha
I was torn between an M&P9 2.0 FS and the PDP FS but being able to handle both side by side in the store, the trigger on the Walther definitely seems to live up to the hype (at minimum it feels WAY better than the M&P...)
For the same MSRP, and the fact that a lot of PPQ parts will work on it... I think the Walther wins
I just gotta see if I can get my hands on one xP
Discount Gun Mart in Santee also is still waiting for their orders to arrive, they were told "late summer" apparently...
The Walther also comes optic ready which makes it significantly cheaper. The only downside is it doesn't yet exist here ha
 
The Walther also comes optic ready which makes it significantly cheaper. The only downside is it doesn't yet exist here ha
That's another reason I'm thinking I'll go with the Walther, the ~$100+ difference in price (this is sale pricing I've seen on the M&P so far vs MSRP on the Walther, both are the same MSRP otherwise) may still be less than the cost of having the M&P slide optics cut
Let alone changing out the slide for a cut one, or there's been talk of S&W releasing a CA optics ready version too, but I'm sure that'll be in high demand if/when it hits the roster too.
Makes too much sense at this point to wait for the PDP I think
 
That's another reason I'm thinking I'll go with the Walther, the ~$100+ difference in price (this is sale pricing I've seen on the M&P so far vs MSRP on the Walther, both are the same MSRP otherwise) may still be less than the cost of having the M&P slide optics cut
Let alone changing out the slide for a cut one, or there's been talk of S&W releasing a CA optics ready version too, but I'm sure that'll be in high demand if/when it hits the roster too.
Makes too much sense at this point to wait for the PDP I think
I would honestly go shoot each one at a range that rents them and just choose based on that, they have different ergos which could make or break what works for you, the PDP is better for smaller hands from what I have read. I have XL sized glove hands and only use the medium backstrap on an M&P.
 
I would honestly go shoot each one at a range that rents them and just choose based on that, they have different ergos which could make or break what works for you, the PDP is better for smaller hands from what I have read. I have XL sized glove hands and only use the medium backstrap on an M&P.
Yeah the PDP just felt that next level more comfortable, and I only got to hold it the one time.
I did shoot a rental M&P 2.0 "gen 1" (with the old hinged trigger style) and it wasn't bad, except the trigger. I held the gen 2 they had in store that same day, and again a couple more times at other stores since.
But the Walther is sweet...
But I would like to hold an Echelon to compare...
Obviously ideally I'd wanna shoot all 3 to decide xP
 
Sportman's Warehouse by my house in Santee (San Diego)
No 4.5" though

It was so nice to handle it again šŸ˜
I can't wait til I can shoot one...
 

Attachments

  • 1000013543.jpg
    1000013543.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
Any sightings in the Bay Area? My wallet is gonna be blown up getting the PDP and Stacatto HD in same year….eventually.
 
Back
Top Bottom