- Messages
- 718
You call this an "assessment"? Lol!Not broad at all. I’m just describing CGN. My assessment is spot on.
I did forget to add…no self awareness to that assessment.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
You call this an "assessment"? Lol!Not broad at all. I’m just describing CGN. My assessment is spot on.
I did forget to add…no self awareness to that assessment.
Yep, and it is SPOT ON.You call this an "assessment"? Lol!![]()
It's not all of them, only a few who don't represent the majority. Some guys are really stuck in the past, but you can see here with all the little ghost icons there's a lot of them who are here (many have requested it too). I can empathize with how you feel about the older gen, I wouldn't paint a broad brush though. Let's not get too carried away.Yep, and it is SPOT ON.
What is your counter regarding CGN.
“Two weeks!”![]()
In his 70’s. He still rides a HD and spends all his time and $ at Bingo Halls with the rest of the gambling degenerates. I pay his Part B Medicare because he is cheap AF. And I pay the penalty rate because he didn’t have it for almost a decade. He would never be able to see a medical professional without it, unless it was in an ambulance ride to the ER. He doesn’t see the value of medical insurance but he will blow his whole SS at a bingo hall.
Every generation has its degenerates, but if your in your 70’s you’d think some wisdom would apply. NOPE.
His father was a WW2 Veteran. Lived to almost 100. He didn’t take on any of those degenerate behaviors, his life was not dominated by vice. Complete opposite of his boomer son.
/R.
What's the old joke? "Generalizations are always wrong."That's a broad-brush, single minded way of looking at it and describing it. Terribly flawed.
It's an observation paired with your opinion. At best.Yep, and it is SPOT ON.
What is your counter regarding CGN. You think they are “dialed in” over there?!
“Two weeks!”![]()
It’s hilariously ironic because I have achieved a great deal of wealth and success in my life, which he attributes to “luck.”Well, it sounds like you didn't hit the lottery with your Dad. I guess I was lucky with my folks.
2007, in it’s heydays. Was such a friendly, knowledgeable sight. Great deals to be had, good conversations, and comradery.Could not agree more with all of yall
I been a CALGUNS supported since 2010 and absolutely love d the site.
But I can't tell you how disappointed I am
I tried for well over three months to creat a new log in just to never receive the link!!!!
Even opened a new account PM one of the admins and never received a response !
Such a shame met a lot of fine 2A supporters there and had some amazing deals
I don’t bother anymore tbh. I can’t read my PMs, site would hardly work, much less let me log in.
It’s a shame really, but when one door closes, another opens.
Generalizations are useful when creating statistics, less so when identifying individual values.Generalizations don't have to be bad per se; they're just recognized patterns as a baseline.
My parents were Boomers. They worked hard and knew how to save a dollar. They understood discipline and suffered no fools or crybabies.
Generalizations are useful when creating statistics, less so when identifying individual values.
The majority of context in conjunction with the word “mentality” is usually negative in projection.
I was meant to be a poster child “boomer”. I grew up to become the complete opposite.
The first question resulting from your presentation: what is the real world?
The second note refers to “intelligence”. In recent decades such intelligence has been replaced in large part by ideologies describing a collective trend while abandoning individual awareness and self sufficiency.
Ironically, this collective trend of ideologies has been assumed by many, as the “real world”.
Yes, it is generally correct to say “everybody is stuck on the 405 fwy at 8am in the morning”. Yet, this generalization will only apply to those who choose to drive there.
It is not the question whether generalization is “good or bad”. The question is to what extent is it applicable.
Not disagreeing. Just pointing out, for sake of accuracy, that what was posted by some about 'Baby Boomers' in this thread, is example of negative stereotyping.I was only drilling down on the fact that a generalized fact is indeed general (non-specific) and should be generally true to be useful. Generalizations are not inherently bad or good, but are simply a shorthand for established patterns. Generalizations which aren't based on reality or patterns in reality are not useful, and that's left to the domain of ideology and religion.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!