18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

M&P 2.0 better than PDP and VP9 unfortunately.

I handled the PDP today at my LGS and the trigger was really good. It is definitely better than the first version M&P M2.0 triggers.
 
The triggers on all 3 of these guns are about the same. Can't really say one is better than the other; they are all really good. The ergonomics are also all comparable. The VP9 and PDP probably have a slight edge over the M&P in ergos. All three of these guns are essentially effortless to shoot well.

Objectively, the P320 has a better trigger than all three since it is essentially a SA trigger. The trigger that everyone longed for in a striker-fired pistol, and when they got what they always wanted, it turned out to be somewhat of a bad idea.

When I first saw the PDP online, I thought the slide was unnecessarily big. But after handling one in person, I see why Walther did that. It's one of the easiest slides to grip, which is a plus for me.
 
The triggers on all 3 of these guns are about the same. Can't really say one is better than the other; they are all really good. The ergonomics are also all comparable. The VP9 and PDP probably have a slight edge over the M&P in ergos. All three of these guns are essentially effortless to shoot well.

Objectively, the P320 has a better trigger than all three since it is essentially a SA trigger. The trigger that everyone longed for in a striker-fired pistol, and when they got what they always wanted, it turned out to be somewhat of a bad idea.

When I first saw the PDP online, I thought the slide was unnecessarily big. But after handling one in person, I see why Walther did that. It's one of the easiest slides to grip, which is a plus for me.
Yeah I like my p320 M18 trigger, but you know I don’t really shoot anymore. Hopefully with time either a fix is released or the reports are disproven. I don’t know what to believe, but I lean more towards there really is an issue. But, I still don’t think the trigger breaks as clean as my M&P 2.0
Edit: just pulled my 320 out to dry fire, the take up is excellent, but the break is slightly spongey. Yes I’m being nit picky, but that’s the point in these comparisons.
 
Last edited:
So I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.
Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by sw
 
Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by sw
I’ve had mine since it was added to the roster, never had a problem with it. Maybe your was built on a Friday afternoon.
 
I’ve had mine since it was added to the roster, never had a problem with it. Maybe your was built on a Friday afternoon.
Seems like it. Other than that seems like a solid pistol.
 
Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by sw
I had frame pins that I really had to beat to remove on two M&P 2.0's. I had to get replacement pins from S&W.
 
I had frame pins that I really had to beat to remove on two M&P 2.0's. I had to get replacement pins from S&W.
Hmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right side
 
Hmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right side
Sounds like a factory defect. Hope S&W sorrs it out for you.
 
Hmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right side
Yeah that doesn't sound right they are tight from the factory, almost too tight it's a pain getting the trigger pin in with the trigger return spring
 
Yeah that doesn't sound right they are tight from the factory, almost too tight it's a pain getting the trigger pin in with the trigger return spring
seems like the qc was lacking. Still pissed I had to return it and now have to wait for a response on what will happen with it
 
seems like the qc was lacking. Still pissed I had to return it and now have to wait for a response on what will happen with it
Good luck man they're great pistols so I hope you get it back quickly
 
So I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.

So I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.
Best thing to do is train more on a platform of your choosing training makes you better not the trigger
 
The M&P 2.0 is a very nice design, especially with the new triggers. The optics ready versions just hit the roster recently, so you can find the non OR versions on sale.
 
Did you end up getting your VP9? How is it? Is the MDM still the same from the previous generation?
Yes, it’s great. The trigger on the VP9F is
Best thing to do is train more on a platform of your choosing training makes you better not the trigger
I train with my carry guns, I collect what I like, and I like nice triggers. I’ve been shooting for 40 years, how much training do you have?
 
Yes, it’s great. The trigger on the VP9F is just as sweet as the M&P

If you didn't have either, and were going to buy one next, which would you buy and why. If the why is "I just shoot it better" then that's good enough lol.

Thinking about a future fullsize gun, one at a time, M&P 2.0 Metal that is coming out or VP9a1 F.
 
Back
Top Bottom