By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Yeah I like my p320 M18 trigger, but you know I don’t really shoot anymore. Hopefully with time either a fix is released or the reports are disproven. I don’t know what to believe, but I lean more towards there really is an issue. But, I still don’t think the trigger breaks as clean as my M&P 2.0The triggers on all 3 of these guns are about the same. Can't really say one is better than the other; they are all really good. The ergonomics are also all comparable. The VP9 and PDP probably have a slight edge over the M&P in ergos. All three of these guns are essentially effortless to shoot well.
Objectively, the P320 has a better trigger than all three since it is essentially a SA trigger. The trigger that everyone longed for in a striker-fired pistol, and when they got what they always wanted, it turned out to be somewhat of a bad idea.
When I first saw the PDP online, I thought the slide was unnecessarily big. But after handling one in person, I see why Walther did that. It's one of the easiest slides to grip, which is a plus for me.
Ok, I’ll give you a picture , just missing the VP9A1 F that I get this weekendBoring thread. No pix
This was going to be my California carry gun, but I got distracted with other guns. This instance has the original trigger, which needs work because it glitches.
View attachment 103529
Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by swSo I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.
I’ve had mine since it was added to the roster, never had a problem with it. Maybe your was built on a Friday afternoon.Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by sw
Seems like it. Other than that seems like a solid pistol.I’ve had mine since it was added to the roster, never had a problem with it. Maybe your was built on a Friday afternoon.
I had frame pins that I really had to beat to remove on two M&P 2.0's. I had to get replacement pins from S&W.Might be unrelated but I picked up my new mp 2.0 during the clearance sale from turners last week, shot it the same day and it had a walking frame pin. Completely unacceptable from SW. returned it back to turners same day for it to get “repaired” or replaced by sw
Hmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right sideI had frame pins that I really had to beat to remove on two M&P 2.0's. I had to get replacement pins from S&W.
Sounds like a factory defect. Hope S&W sorrs it out for you.Hmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right side
Yeah that doesn't sound right they are tight from the factory, almost too tight it's a pain getting the trigger pin in with the trigger return springHmm interesting, on mine the frame hole on the left side was wallowed out and on the right side it was tight, explains why it drifted to the left. . I tested this by inserting the pin on the left vs right side
seems like the qc was lacking. Still pissed I had to return it and now have to wait for a response on what will happen with itYeah that doesn't sound right they are tight from the factory, almost too tight it's a pain getting the trigger pin in with the trigger return spring
Good luck man they're great pistols so I hope you get it back quicklyseems like the qc was lacking. Still pissed I had to return it and now have to wait for a response on what will happen with it
S&W has excellent warranties.seems like the qc was lacking. Still pissed I had to return it and now have to wait for a response on what will happen with it
So I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.
Best thing to do is train more on a platform of your choosing training makes you better not the triggerSo I picked up my PDP today, and a VP9 on Sunday. Comparing both triggers to my M&P 2.0 factory trigger, the M&P wins. Maybe the PDP and VP9 will get better after some shooting, but M&P is superior and cheaper. I keep buying guns thinking they will be better than the M&P, but they never are. I guess the smart thing to do is keep buying and comparing.
Did you end up getting your VP9? How is it? Is the MDM still the same from the previous generation?Ok, I’ll give you a picture , just missing the VP9A1 F that I get this weekend
Yes, it’s great. The trigger on the VP9F is just as sweet as the M&PDid you end up getting your VP9? How is it? Is the MDM still the same from the previous generation?
Yes, it’s great. The trigger on the VP9F isDid you end up getting your VP9? How is it? Is the MDM still the same from the previous generation?
I train with my carry guns, I collect what I like, and I like nice triggers. I’ve been shooting for 40 years, how much training do you have?Best thing to do is train more on a platform of your choosing training makes you better not the trigger
Yes, it’s great. The trigger on the VP9F is just as sweet as the M&P
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!