18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

More Ammo Price Increases Coming

For me that's a lot, I usually never had more than 1k when I didn't shoot often. Not like I can carry it around with me, so a few thousand is plenty to have
I've never regretted buying a 500pack of any ammo in all the years I've been shooting. I consider it an alternate investment. I assume I'll be shooting 20 years from now and I know it'll be staggeringly more expensive then.
 
I've never regretted buying a 500pack of any ammo in all the years I've been shooting. I consider it an alternate investment. I assume I'll be shooting 20 years from now and I know it'll be staggeringly more expensive then.
Yeah though sometimes prices dip, seems it will always trend up eventually.
 
For me that's a lot, I usually never had more than 1k when I didn't shoot often. Not like I can carry it around with me, so a few thousand is plenty to have
I get it. Everyone has their level of need. I try not to get that low since i shoot 2 matches a month and another 2-3 range sessions per month. I should do more dry practice to conserve on ammo lol
 
My main point isn't buy a bunch of ammo, it's buy supplies to manufacture your own ammo :cool: reloading is half of shooting. Just like I'd recommend everyone learn to build their own firearm and understand how they work mechanically and how to repair them etc. Same goes for ammo.
 
My main point isn't buy a bunch of ammo, it's buy supplies to manufacture your own ammo :cool: reloading is half of shooting. Just like I'd recommend everyone learn to build their own firearm and understand how they work mechanically and how to repair them etc. Same goes for ammo.
I did get a single stage reloading press, necessary accessories and supplies to start reloading. Just haven't started yet.
Been picking up my own brass at the range so i know that i have good brass cases on hand along with Blue Bullets in 3 different projectile weights. AutoComp and W231 for powders.
 
I did get a single stage reloading press, necessary accessories and supplies to start reloading. Just haven't started yet.
Been picking up my own brass at the range so i know that i have good brass cases on hand along with Blue Bullets in 3 different projectile weights. AutoComp and W231 for powders.
You'll never regret this
 
Only that I should have purchased a turret press instead to start with. 🤔
Always start with single stage, you'll definitely be adding more later, but your single stage will always be there for you waiting anytime you need it.

Same with manual trimmers :cool:
 
Loose lips sink ships and ruin a good thing.

I've got 24 lbs of pistol powder. Only 4 or 5 of H335. A little under 30,000 small pistol primers, 8600 small rifle and around 2k large pistol. Been slowly stocking projectiles. Buy in bulk when it's cheap and keep stock numbers flat. There is always a shortage. Your cost per round stays flat while retail prices skyrocket. My costs haven't really increased since Covid.

There is always a shortage of something. Reloading eventually pays off.

Right now, it's getting harder and harder to get powder and when you find it , it's over priced. The last 12 months , there have been great sales on primers and powder. There are still Magtech and Winchester Primers but not as cheap as a few months ago.

I've got 5,000 shotgun primers I would be willing to trade.
are we gatekeeping from each other
 
I get it. Everyone has their level of need. I try not to get that low since i shoot 2 matches a month and another 2-3 range sessions per month. I should do more dry practice to conserve on ammo lol
Since I got back into shooting and CCW I'm going like twice a month, and shooting a few hundred each time probably. Haven't had time or desire to do competitive, but maybe one day. But if I get low I just buy more. Mostly just wait for deals
 
I'm a scrub who's trying to get better but I have an 07 r6.
where do you race ?I'm in socal
I've raced across the USA and in Mexico but down in socal Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla are where I've raced mainly, and I did a 24 hour at Willow Springs once. Def do a trackday since you have a R6
My wife and I can burn 400 in a day easy though.
Yeah a class is an easy 400-500, but if I have 2-4k spare... no problem lol and it only takes a few days to get more in the mail
 
Back
Top Bottom