18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New Member Intros!

Hello! Welcome to the board! Feel free to let us know how you found us and what you’re interested in? Locations are cool maybe a home range?

I mainly shoot USPSA after some time taking some Tactical classes like CQB but found training was cheaper.

Favorite YouTube channels?
Tom Castro shooting Academy
Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock
 
New CAguns.net.

I am a refugee form calguns. Was a member there for 4-5 years. Too bad it tanked. Glad that there is an alternative.
 
Howdy, my first post here!

I was a Calguns.net OG, signed up there before the original reorg/crash? in '06? Or was it '04? Had to reregister, which reset my post count back to zero, but I was never a big poster there anyway. Mostly a reader. Learned a LOT on so many gun and 2A subjects. Spent waaaay too much time there in Off Topic forum too. :)

Stopped shooting when Covid hit. Also, I was a member of Laguna Seca Shooting Sports Association, a shooting club that was based at the Laguna Seca range in Monterey County. But they lost their contract with the county, so they went belly up. Another reason I don't shoot lately. I participated in their Service Rifle, Falling Plate, and Defensive Pistol competitions. I cleaned up in my Service Rifle category, did OK in the others. I used to go with friends to the BLM land in New Idria area (Griswold Hills, Panoche) on weekends too.

I reloaded all my own ammo .45ACP and .223 ammo. Still have thousands of each in my stockpile (I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to ammo). I purchased 10K rounds of Golden Tiger when it was $180/K, still sitting on that pile, probably 30K of .22LR rounds in my stack too.

In my safe are numerous ARs and AKs, a mint H&R Garand purchased through CMP, a pump shotgun, several .22 rifles and pistols, a Ruger SR9c (sweet little carry pistol), 1911s, etc. My favorite guns are my custom Springfield Armory Milspec 1911 and my competition AR-15 with White Oak Armament match upper, which will shoot sub-MOA using iron sights, all day long, except when I screw up.

I stopped going to CGN a couple of years before Covid. Just got tired of all the negative energy in OT, and the elitism of Gene, Bill Weise, and all "tHe rIgHt PeOple" who kept telling us to follow them without question and send money to their various 2A orgs. Yet nothing ever changed in Cali. It just kept getting worse.

I see promise here. I'll join as a member soon, after checking it out some more. Best of luck to the owner, admins, and members of this site. It's time for a new hang-out for CA gunnies. I hope this is it. (y)
 
Calguns refugee here to say hi.
Now living in Tacoma WA after 20y in California.
Just started doing Bullseye shooting up here, lots of fun. Member of Tacoma Rifle & Revolver club which is great.
 
Greetings all.

Old Calguns.net member, just realized it wasn't around anylonger.
I live in San Diego (born/raised). Army veteran (M60A3 gunner).
Hobbies: shooting, hunting, fishing, travel to Baja, offroading, motorcycles.
Just got my CCW.
That's it for now.

Marco
 
Hey, all. Like many new members, I’m a CGN transplant until it likely dies. Was there for quite some time, did some light posting, and used the Classifieds section too.

Call it my tinfoil hat, but all I have is a bunch of “gun parts.” ;)

Many Glock, Colt, BCM, Springfield, Remington, Ruger, Mossberg, and Henry parts. I shoot my guns a lot, work in a field that carries them a lot, teach firearms, etc.

Thanks for starting this forum up. It was disappointing to see CGN turn into what it is, but excited for this to also grow.
 
Greetings all.

Old Calguns.net member, just realized it wasn't around anylonger.
I live in San Diego (born/raised). Army veteran (M60A3 gunner).
Hobbies: shooting, hunting, fishing, travel to Baja, offroading, motorcycles.
Just got my CCW.
That's it for now.

Marco
Hi Marco, Are you the guy I know from the KLR stuff? Hope all is well! I've only been here a short time - Welcome!
 
Hi Marco, Are you the guy I know from the KLR stuff? Hope all is well! I've only been here a short time - Welcome!
Hi Mike,
Ya I think so.
I was helping a buddy get his 2004 KLR 650 running again after sitting with gas in it for 8 years. LOL
 
Another Calguns.net refugee here. More of a lurker than a poster but glad I found this site.
 
Hello. I was on Calguns since 2004. Had a 50+ positive i-trader rating. But I opt to start fresh. My first Calguns PTP was to Opos at the Turners in Kearny Mesa (RIP). Anyhow hello everyone.
 
Hello from the IE. I registered last night onto this site after discovering it while reading some info about it through Reddit. Looks very well coordinated and navigation is quick and easy. I'm a casual shooter although I used to do steel competition along with my late friend starting back about 20 years ago. I still can, although at 67 and having open heart surgery back in April I need to take things a little more carefully. I have been reloading for 31 years and still use the Dillon 650 I bought back in 1993. Although I have a couple of Glock 19 pistols, my big interest is in older handguns and rifles.
 
Well, it was time to switch. Glad to have an alternative. So far love it here.
 
Hi I'm new here wish I love guns but I've slowly stopped using any of them so I've come here to try and sell them. I'm from socal and I usually shot at discount gun mart in Santee. It's a nice little gun store with an updated range.
 
Hope this site continues to grow.

Been a CGer for nearly 10 years and Lifetime Contributor…looking forward to see how this site goes…
 
Referred to this site by a friend, and like most, missing the old Calguns.net but also not missing it...

Wish I hadn't left the recurring membership in place over there.. ugh.

Stay awesome, party people!
 
Back
Top Bottom