18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Newsome signed new bills to keep us safe

Moderators clamping down on Dem leadership criticism regarding our 2A rights is ALARMING and disappointing. It’s the leadership, not you mods or this website. Yeesh
You were here around that time but we’ve had a couple of incidents. Unfortunately it’s right wing extremists that we don’t want to encourage. They choose places like this site because they think it’s ok to say whatever.

I hope you can understand the kind of scrutiny 2A sites get. If vocalizing your disdain for Californian leadership and or the majority of its citizens, I suggest to do that at Calguns where it’s fairly accepted. I want nothing to do with that. That is a distraction from what my goals and purpose is.

They post all kinds of memes and political commentary and anti-state government/leadership that we don’t for separation.

I don’t know if you were here before but there were also people who used to criticize R leadership quite a bit, they were banned and/or told to stop. That’s not our purpose.

I’m sorry but I’d rather not deal with the infighting it causes.

 
On a scarier note, he is going to run for the next presidency and the chance of democrat choose him as a candidate is very high. In addition, the chance for Democrat will win is up there in the next election. Once he is in, he will run the same playbook as CA. 😱
 
I don't think he is going to be "voted out". He would never voluntarily give up that power and access to money.
What does this even mean lol. Also, he's termed out this year that's why there's an election with different candidates happening in 2 months.
 
How about California require the voters to
(a) Read the Constitution
(b) Pass a live test on the Constitution
(c) Show a proof of the US citizenship

No? Why?
 
You do realize who’s President right now right? Can you tell me since 2000, which party has been in control longer as President?

Did you vote for Bush Jr? McCain? Romney? What do you think of them now? If the last two became president would we be in a better place?

Most of what you listed is under state control. Can you name a well run state you consider

Leadership criticism is fine but undoing our work trying to bring people in by making it hostile with things they can find on Facebook, Reddit, Fox News or whatever site they can get their meme is concerning.

If you noticed there’s no one criticizing Republican leadership here either. We clamp down equally to knock it off, that isn’t what this place is for. If people are going to regurgitate things they watch on other sites, go there to copy/paste it.

Don’t do it here. Here it’s about firearms and laws and how to actually change things. We’re focusing on the civics side of things not the Dems are the root of all evil. It’s really counter productive to what you and I really want for ownership and 2A work.
You really think you can convince hardcore dems that guns are fine through education? Sorry but the leaders and ones making the law when in power go to work asap to enact anti gun legislation.

I lived in ca for years when they got control in 98 first thing they did was pass anti gun and new aw ban sb23. And today they are still doing so. But yet dem gun owners now take the hobby but will also vote for the same ones who don’t like their new hobby.

You think on the federal side of dems had full control and no filibuster they will say we support people’s right to gun ownership lol hell no they will pass every ban they could. You will never convince a dem lawmaker that look listen we are responsible if you think that you are delusional.
 
You really think you can convince hardcore dems that guns are fine through education? Sorry but the leaders and ones making the law when in power go to work asap to enact anti gun legislation.
Did I saw hardcore dems? Do you think 10's of millions of them are harcore dems? Do you think complaining on the internet is going to convince anyone?

You may not track what we've been doing and instead watching Youtube or other places. We focus on the moderates and people who were hesitant but considred firearms after the Vid. A majority of new shooters are within 6 years according to our poll, with the other sizeable 15+.

I lived in ca for years when they got control in 98 first thing they did was pass anti gun and new aw ban sb23. And today they are still doing so. But yet dem gun owners now take the hobby but will also vote for the same ones who don’t like their new hobby.
You're speaking as if it's 1998. When was the last time you went to the range with several hundred people at the same time? Or do you go solo? I'm curious how many gun owners you speak to on a daily basis. I can assure you I talk to more up and down both political parties.

You think on the federal side of dems had full control and no filibuster they will say we support people’s right to gun ownership lol hell no they will pass every ban they could. You will never convince a dem lawmaker that look listen we are responsible if you think that you are delusional.
That's not our goal. Civics has two methods, one is to change the voting path, the other is to change how the law makers write the laws. Someone ignorant will write it very restrictive.

Otherwise, tell me if this site has as many hardcore dems here, why are they here? What is your solution to get them to change? What methodology would you use that you think would actually work?

Every person we convince here, has a network and can reach 2-5 people between friends and family. That's how we've grown. You look at it as an all or nothing, I look at it as I've planted a seed. Most of the people that can't find a solution, either complain online or leave but don't actually try to change things.

We have 3-4 ACTIVE litigants against the state here lurking around. What other way would you do it?

I'm open to hearing REAL ways to try and educate people from the people who say it's all rigged or think its hopeless. In fact, that's why I don't want trashing people here, because it's not. Maybe I'm jaded but I volunteered in enough communities to know if you put in the work, good things can happen.

I'm open to ideas, BUT if the idea is just bashing each other online, there are already sites that do that. Not here.
 
Last edited:
Did I saw hardcore dems? Do you think 10's of millions of them are harcore dems? Do you think complaining on the internet is going to convince anyone?

You may not track what we've been doing and instead watching Youtube or other places. We focus on the moderates and people who were hesitant but considred firearms after the Vid. A majority of new shooters are within 6 years according to our poll, with the other sizeable 15+.


You're speaking as if it's 1998. When was the last time you went to the range with several hundred people at the same time? Or do you go solo? I'm curious how many gun owners you speak to on a daily basis. I can assure you I talk to more up and down both political parties.


That's not our goal. Civics has two methods, one is to change the voting path, the other is to change how the law makers write the laws. Someone ignorant will write it very restrictive.

Otherwise, tell me if this site has as many hardcore dems here, why are they here? What is your solution to get them to change? What methodology would you use that you think would actually work?

Every person we convince here, has a network and can reach 2-5 people between friends and family. That's how we've grown. You look at it as an all or nothing, I look at it as I've planted a seed. Most of the people that can't find a solution, either complain online or leave but don't actually try to change things.

We have 3-4 ACTIVE litigants against the state here lurking around. What other way would you do it?

I'm open to hearing REAL ways to try and educate people from the people who say it's all rigged or think its hopeless. In fact, that's why I don't want trashing people here, because it's not. Maybe I'm jaded but I volunteered in enough communities to know if you put in the work, good things can happen.

I'm open to ideas, BUT if the idea is just bashing each other online, there are already sites that do that. Not here.
I have one side of fam who are dems they all want stronger gun laws even though a couple own ARs. Their attitude no matter what is I’m smarter and responsible but all you dumfuks ain’t. Funny one of them asked me to help him with build I told him F off. Still ask me to get him ammo when I go visit. I love telling him it’s illegal to do so without transfer. Yet he still votes for the same ones who restrict his rights.

As for range I hate public ones got plenty of desert here but it’s az and a different crowd I talk to some as I leave my spot or they may pull in. We’re on same page. As for 98 that’s when ca started going downhill with the laws we all know that it won’t get better they get struck down they pass another start the process all over it is a lost cause there. Look at the roster the stamping is coming back in 28.

Again the same gun owners who are democrat will vote for the same ones passing the laws as long as they have their gun they could care less about the others.
 
Again the same gun owners who are democrat will vote for the same ones passing the laws as long as they have their gun they could care less about the others.
Don’t forget the police working hand-in-glove with them to enact more control from which they themselves are exempted. It’s a symbiotic relationship of lobbying dollars and legislative carve-outs. The dem will get their tough on crime bonafides and the police union will further its agenda: gun control for thee.
 
I have one side of fam who are dems they all want stronger gun laws even though a couple own ARs. Their attitude no matter what is I’m smarter and responsible but all you dumfuks ain’t. Funny one of them asked me to help him with build I told him F off. Still ask me to get him ammo when I go visit. I love telling him it’s illegal to do so without transfer. Yet he still votes for the same ones who restrict his rights.

As for range I hate public ones got plenty of desert here but it’s az and a different crowd I talk to some as I leave my spot or they may pull in. We’re on same page. As for 98 that’s when ca started going downhill with the laws we all know that it won’t get better they get struck down they pass another start the process all over it is a lost cause there. Look at the roster the stamping is coming back in 28.

Again the same gun owners who are democrat will vote for the same ones passing the laws as long as they have their gun they could care less about the others.
That begs the question , what do you think would change? Calling him a dumbfuk isn’t likely to change his mind right? You did what most do and left the state, so I understand the thought. You’d be surprised at the range if you went today. I’m fairly sure of it.

The power of influence takes time, patience, and trust. Does that mean everything will go my way? Nope, but 1 is better than 0. Over time that adds up. Give us a few years and we’ll see what we can do about it or if we’ve done nothing. At least I’m trying to do something in the state. If I fail, so be it. I can go back to tech as a forward deployed engineer. I know I’ll get a lot less grief, lol.
 
That begs the question , what do you think would change? Calling him a dumbfuk isn’t likely to change his mind right? You did what most do and left the state, so I understand the thought. You’d be surprised at the range if you went today. I’m fairly sure of it.

The power of influence takes time, patience, and trust. Does that mean everything will go my way? Nope, but 1 is better than 0. Over time that adds up. Give us a few years and we’ll see what we can do about it or if we’ve done nothing. At least I’m trying to do something in the state. If I fail, so be it. I can go back to tech as a forward deployed engineer. I know I’ll get a lot less grief, lol.
He ain’t gonna change his mind he thinks he’s higher and the ones he votes for ain’t gonna change their minds either. It’s a lost cause that’s the problem there. And a one party state donors mean more to them then you do. They have their votes they don’t care about your views or compromise they have their election sealed.

Your not gonna change their minds like said they don’t care about you and being nice
 
He ain’t gonna change his mind he thinks he’s higher and the ones he votes for ain’t gonna change their minds either. It’s a lost cause that’s the problem there. And a one party state donors mean more to them then you do. They have their votes they don’t care about your views or compromise they have their election sealed.

Your not gonna change their minds like said they don’t care about you and being nice
That doesn’t answer my question but it reaffirms your stance. So the only answer is to move right? The more people move the fewer people in CA, so that makes it even easier.
 
Becerra is even worse if you can believe that. He doesnt have a thought of his own that isnt fed to him by his overlords. Some on this forum will vote for him.
Some? Many, many, people on this forum will vote for him. Don't underestimate how big the "Hate Trump!!!" coalition is here. They will say Steve Hilton doesn't know anything about government and is clueless, but so is Becerra. The only difference is that Becerra is clueless and also hates the 2nd amendment, while Hilton is endorsed by orange man bad Trump.
 
Some? Many, many, people on this forum will vote for him. Don't underestimate how big the "Hate Trump!!!" coalition is here. They will say Steve Hilton doesn't know anything about government and is clueless, but so is Becerra. The only difference is that Becerra is clueless and also hates the 2nd amendment, while Hilton is endorsed by orange man bad Trump.
I dont doubt the estimation.
 
Back
Top Bottom