IMHO, want change? Don’t be a

to people who don’t know what they don’t know. Take the time and have the patience to educate them.
It’s slow and takes a lot of time, you can’t berate someone into agreeing with your political stance. Even if they don’t agree, don’t make politics your personality, life’s too short to try to force people to think like you. Change is a process.
The tide is turning, but can’t rush it there’s an ebb and flow to change.
This, 100%. Be the example of a responsible gun owner who will change their mind through education. Brow beating and shaming never works to change hearts or minds, it has quite the opposite effect.
It's taken me nearly 20 years, but my crunchiest friend, a former coworker and ultra-far left leaning Bay Area native , has slowly changed his mind on guns.
20 years ago when we met he thought all guns should be banned
15 years ago he thought only ex military, ex-police, or other professionals should be allowed to own guns
Over 10 years ago he thought you should have extensive training, psych eval, and more to own a gun.
7 years ago, he thought you should have some training and a background check. He learned about the roster and thought it was stupid.
Now, he just thinks training should be required so idiots can't own guns, and has considered going to the range with me.
He's a good guy, with some views we strongly disagree on, but as he's learned more about shooting, and I've explained why I enjoy it, his opinion has slowly changed over the years.
I'm going to get him to the range one day....
My wife did not like that I owned a gun, but said as long as she didn't see it, she really couldn't complain as I'm ex military, owned it since my 21st birthday, been shooting since I was a child, blah blah blah
I went to the range a couple time a year, never made it a big deal, but always was open about when I was going and why I enjoyed it.
7 years later, she asks to shoot it. I teach her the rules, show her how to operate and disassemble my revolver, and have her practice dry fire and safe handling a few different time.
When I take her to the range, she falls in love with full sized 9mm's
That year, she buys her first gun, and is gifted her 2nd.
Now she personally owns 5 or so in her name, and loves going to the range to shoot
our collection of guns. She mentioned just tonight she wants to shoot some 38's out of her new 60-15, since 357's kick a bit much out of it for her to enjoy range time
Kindness, patience, and education.