18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Pics Official AR15 Picture Thread

How does it shoot without a trigger? It looks like a 80% with a rod for the sake of a joke of a pic.
This is his response in post #53:

"No video. You can browse through the whole build album on Flickr.
I have a plan to add a "muleslapper" side-mount percussion cap setup, but today the
only way to fire is with a fuse."
 
This is his response in post #53:

"No video. You can browse through the whole build album on Flickr.
I have a plan to add a "muleslapper" side-mount percussion cap setup, but today the
only way to fire is with a fuse."
He can fire without using a 80% lower if it is by fuse.
 
He can fire without using a 80% lower if it is by fuse.
True. But an 80% lower is not required. One can mount this upper on a real M16 lower, or any other lower.
AFAIK, this is the only 1-guage blunderbus upper for AR-15 pattern lowers. OTOH, I am not sure if it should
be considered a 1" bore, or a 1-guage bore, as has a 1" bore that flares out to 1-guage.

Along with this oddity, I made an actual pile of 1-guage 36" cannon. I could machine an 80% lower to put
AR-15 hardware on the outside of the barrel of one of the cannon, but that seems less reasonable.
 
True. But an 80% lower is not required. One can mount this upper on a real M16 lower, or any other lower.
AFAIK, this is the only 1-guage blunderbus upper for AR-15 pattern lowers. OTOH, I am not sure if it should
be considered a 1" bore, or a 1-guage bore, as has a 1" bore that flares out to 1-guage.

Along with this oddity, I made an actual pile of 1-guage 36" cannon. I could machine an 80% lower to put
AR-15 hardware on the outside of the barrel of one of the cannon, but that seems less reasonable.
Either way, it isn't even considered a AR15. For picture purposes. Next we see someone sticking a pipe bomb on a 80% lower and calling it a M203. No. Stick to AR15. If you want to make a abomination of a crackhead's pipe dreams and call it an AR15, post it in a separate thread and call it "Cursed Guns Photos." or something.
 
D26C5F89-81F2-4B49-A3DA-9261A06AAB32.jpegI do like the old stuff but did have to atleast get a modern on. Got another build going right now but will be a 14.5 or a 16 inch barrel. Need an in between and it will have a carry handle and round guards.
Forgot I have a more recent pic of the 2 tone sbr. Done with it for now.
C9518E1F-385E-4E9D-B22B-FA87510FBA5F.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Couple of simple AR Pistol builds 🤙🏽
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 43
Colt M4 SOPMOD 14.5" midlength URG-I and 11.5" URG-I upper receiver
 

Attachments

  • InCollage_20250206_135601672.jpg
    InCollage_20250206_135601672.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 39
MARK 12 Mod 1 SPR
 

Attachments

  • InCollage_20250206_142911997.jpg
    InCollage_20250206_142911997.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 35
  • InCollage_20250206_142844747.jpg
    InCollage_20250206_142844747.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 30
Modernized AR-15 Kitty Kat (still need to install A2 front sight)
 

Attachments

  • InCollage_20250206_145238405.jpg
    InCollage_20250206_145238405.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 32
AR-15 A1 16" midlength retro build. Gonna have the barrel cut down to 14.5"
 

Attachments

  • InCollage_20250206_153551147.jpg
    InCollage_20250206_153551147.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 38
Like it. How I want my next build already have lower done just need an upper.deciding on 14.5 pinned or a 16 vs spending the tax.
Id recommend a 14.5" with a pinned and welded A1 flash hider. But youll need to add some kind of barrel extension or spacer because a 14.5" barrel and A1 flash hider wont be 16" by itself. Adco sells an AR-15 barrel spacer and theres some on eBay and online stores too
 
The poverty ride and the lambo
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 39
Here’s a few that I’ve been constantly changing 🤙🏽
 

Attachments

  • 6CC6FC88-4B6F-434C-8196-4BA21678C8D0.jpeg
    6CC6FC88-4B6F-434C-8196-4BA21678C8D0.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom