- Messages
- 49
This, agreed 100%Torn between P226 in 9 and G19. Definitely prefer the P226, but the ubiquity of the G19 makes it a slightly more practical pick…no, never mind, P226 it is!
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
This, agreed 100%Torn between P226 in 9 and G19. Definitely prefer the P226, but the ubiquity of the G19 makes it a slightly more practical pick…no, never mind, P226 it is!
Both defeats the title of this threadAround these parts get both!!
I second this completely. Stock Sig grip with Radiant backstrap+magwell installed. I regularly shoot this setup out to 70yds no problem and something about it just makes it so much easier to shoot than the rest of my guns. It’s got a really nice stock trigger too.I have tried to find reasons not to like the P365 X-Macro, but in the end, that would be my one gun if I had to. When it is in the AXG grip module, the recoil is almost nonexistent, and my accuracy is better than any of my other pistols.
Even in shtf my opinion now after much thought is similar to this. If we are in a shtf situation, we are probably gonna die so mind as well shoot what you like or think is cool. Practicality nerds are boring, its the end of the world, have some fun and style and bring out your fun pieces.I see a lot of people based their choices on a SHTF TEOTWAWKI situation which was not specified by OP. While that might be an important consideration I based my choice on what I like to shoot the most and what I would be happy with shooting forever if I could only have one. Thats why I choose a SCAR17 or M1 rifle. I like many types of firearms and cartridges. But If I could only have one, I could be happy with either of those.
While something like a Glock or .22 or shotgun might be more practical in certain SHTF scenarios, Id get really phuckin bored if thats all I could have.
I see a lot of people based their choices on a SHTF TEOTWAWKI situation which was not specified by OP. While that might be an important consideration I based my choice on what I like to shoot the most and what I would be happy with shooting forever if I could only have one. Thats why I choose a SCAR17 or M1 rifle. I like many types of firearms and cartridges. But If I could only have one, I could be happy with either of those.
While something like a Glock or .22 or shotgun might be more practical in certain SHTF scenarios, Id get really phuckin bored if thats all I could have.
I'm not sure that what gun or guns I have, makes much of a difference if there is a WW3, mainly because I'm not sure what you are implying. Are you implying an invasion of the USA by China/Russia/NK? Or a nuclear war? Societal collapse? Not really sure what your question is. WW3 could be nothing more than supporting allies logistically. There are a lot of different variables and outcomes that you need to specify to make the question meaningful.Headline today on Newsmax was the nato chief what we are at beginning of WW3.
With that in the forecast, what one gun would you want to have?
I'm going to spill my mind on this, I'm against our government participating in any war, espionage, etc.
I'm not sure that what gun or guns I have, makes much of a difference if there is a WW3, mainly because I'm not sure what you are implying. Are you implying an invasion of the USA by China/Russia/NK? Or a nuclear war? Societal collapse? Not really sure what your question is. WW3 could be nothing more than supporting allies logistically. There are a lot of different variables and outcomes that you need to specify to make the question meaningful.
Like I said before, OPs question is very open ended. While others seemed to focus on a doomsday scenario to drive their decision making. I was thinking more of what I like to shoot the most and would be happiest with the most.
Have to be a AR PCC in 10mm like the cmmg banshee. Reliable, small enough for close quarters, cheap enough ammo with enough power to hunt large game with the 8.5 barrel and takes Glock / Kriss vector magsThis is an old blade forum thread for a knife. I thought it was terrible at first, but the more I think on it, I believe everyone should pick one to rule them all.
So…what’s your gun if you could only have one?
I’ll go first. Mine is a double barrel 12 gauge, side by side. Favorite to shoot and also extremely versatile. I have an adapter set to make it shoot many different calibers. Obviously not good for ccw or extended combat applications, but imo it’s the best all around.
Only one. Let me know.
These are crazy accurate and awesome. Just need a couple of freedom 30 / 50 / 100 magsMaybe it's cause I'm just getting into PCCs but why not a Ruger PC Carbine? It's compact enough to travel with, uses Glock magazines (hopefully I'll be able to find more magazines in my journey), runs 9mm (the most popular round so I can always find ammo), I get the stability of a long gun, and from what I heard requires little to no maintenance.
Carrying any significant amount of ammo would suck though.For survival it would have to be a 12 gauge pump. You could use bird shot for small game, buck and slugs for large game and human threats.
Mark this as the correct answer! P320 is the Javascript of firearms.If I could only have one? The P320 (more specifically, the FCU which is the gun part) because you can turn that into whatever you want whenever you want. Need a full size? Grab a full size slide and grip module and drop it in. Need a subcompact? Swap the slide and girp module again. Need a PDW? Throw it into a Flux Raider or SMC Bravo. Same FCU can support multiple calibers.
Only problem is you have to make sure you always keep the gun pointed down, but eh, you have to take the bad with the good.
What made the axg module that much better than the stock x macro frame?I have tried to find reasons not to like the P365 X-Macro, but in the end, that would be my one gun if I had to. When it is in the AXG grip module, the recoil is almost nonexistent, and my accuracy is better than any of my other pistols.
You'll shoot your foot off.Mark this as the correct answer! P320 is the Javascript of firearms.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!