- Messages
- 7
Dang!! I’d love to see longer video on this with an explanation!
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Dang!! I’d love to see longer video on this with an explanation!
How could it? We know there is a problem. It’s been documented dozens of times with the same model of firearm. Sig is saying it’s user error and all the fan boys are buying it up. we know there’s an issue, Sig refuses to admit.
If glocks, springfields, rugers, Smith and Wessons, Caniks, and for F-ssake, even Hi points were going off at the level of the 320s, we’re going off with any amount of regularity it would be documented.
When you don’t have a barrel in the slide (in any gun) the slide needs to be pressed forward otherwise the spring from the striker pushes the slide back about 1/4inch. I’m unaware of what the tool could be or how it could affect the test but again, this is more evidence in that direction.Well, he has a tool in his left hand that is manipulating something behind the slide. I also think anyone testing needs to have the gun fully assembled. A true smoking gun is getting the striker to go off without any tool manipulation other than maybe your hand to jostle the slide to mimick a holstered weapon being moved around.
Yes, I absolutely agree that even if the trigger is 1-2mm partially depressed and the slide is jostled that it SHOULD NOT go off under any circumstances but that leaves the door open for Sig to sue the holster manufacturers for partially depressing the triggers.
Wait a second, you were able to depress the trigger 1MM, then release the trigger completely then get it to fire by manipulating the slide???? The trigger was NOT depressed AT ALL when the striker released?!?!?! that's a smoking gun! Post a video and that will go viral more than any other video being posted!
Were they cases that actually went to trial with experts testifying or were they cases that the courts dropped or paid out with no fault being given?It could go the other way once it is determined, and publicly known, through a meticulous examination of facts by experts in a setting that provides the right for both sides to vigorously defend each other's arguments.
AKA: Court... and not backyard experiments on youtube and comments on Social Media.
So far SIG has successfully defended and won 10 out of 12 of its P320 lawsuits in COURT.
Were they cases that actually went to trial with experts testifying or were they cases that the courts dropped or paid out with no fault being given?
That makes a huge difference. If I get a judge to toss out my lawsuit against you, you “win” and “successfully defended” against me.
I sued the sellers of my current home. They paid us money, we agreed, dropped the suit, and they took no blame. Did they win because they didn’t have a judgement against them and we dropped the suit against them? Or did I win because I took money from them but also signed paperwork stating they had no blame for the issues?
Some quick searching shows they’ve also settled two cases out of court for injuries and one recent case in June 2024 a court removed punitive damages, but also found sig liable for injury.Sig Sauer has actually prevailed in 13 legal cases where a judge or jury ruled they weren't liable for any injuries. This included the early drop safety lawsuits.
They have also successfully defended themselves in P320 cases 18 times by dismissal (as of March 2025)
Some quick searching shows they’ve also settled two cases out of court for injuries and one recent case in June 2024 a court removed punitive damages, but also found sig liable for injury.
It looks like it’s gone both ways. I’d also like to know how many of those cases that were dismissed were dismissed as a result of legislation that prevents you from suing a weapons manufacturer.
Keep in mind, I was doing this manually without any type of measuring devices. The right way to do it would be like the guy in the video who mounted the gun in a CNC machine and carefully measured the trigger pull. I guess you could also use a digital vernier caliper to measure the pull. In my case, it seems like something in the action is "catching" for lack of a better word, even though I didn't feel or hear it. There would have to be something catching for me to be able to release the trigger and manipulate the slide and have it go off.I just contacted my friend who owns all the 320s, we will try to replicate that very soon.
Sig has continued to argue that a trigger pull will cause it to fire. I don't recall them saying how far the trigger needs to be pulled so 1mm technically would still be a trigger pull.Well, he has a tool in his left hand that is manipulating something behind the slide. I also think anyone testing needs to have the gun fully assembled. A true smoking gun is getting the striker to go off without any tool manipulation other than maybe your hand to jostle the slide to mimick a holstered weapon being moved around.
Yes, I absolutely agree that even if the trigger is 1-2mm partially depressed and the slide is jostled that it SHOULD NOT go off under any circumstances but that leaves the door open for Sig to sue the holster manufacturers for partially depressing the triggers.
Based on Sig's last communication, I can already see them trying to weasle their way out of this. Need to hold them accountable about the slide causing it to fire when partially depressed.Sig has continued to argue that a trigger pull will cause it to fire. I don't recall them saying how far the trigger needs to be pulled so 1mm technically would still be a trigger pull.
that’s what I said in my video lol. They fail to mention how far the trigger must be pulled before it can fire.Sig has continued to argue that a trigger pull will cause it to fire. I don't recall them saying how far the trigger needs to be pulled so 1mm technically would still be a trigger pull.
I referenced their email and how they said “it won’t fire without pulling the trigger” but failed to leave out how far the trigger must be pulled.Based on Sig's last communication, I can already see them trying to weasle their way out of this. Need to hold them accountable about the slide causing it to fire when partially depressed.
that’s what I said in my video lol. They fail to mention how far the trigger must be pulled before it can fire.
Glock, for one does. They even say it’s about 5mm of travel before their safety is disengaged.Which manufacturers go out and tell their users how many mm they should pull the trigger before it goes off?
That is pretty far out. If you don't want the gun to go off, don't pull the trigger. It's not rocket science.
Which manufacturers go out and tell their users how many mm they should pull the trigger before it goes off?
That is pretty far out. If you don't want the gun to go off, don't pull the trigger. It's not rocket science.
I just find it hilarious. The smart ass sig fan boy comment of “if you don’t want your gun to go off, don’t pull the trigger”. It’s cool to know that you find it acceptable for a gun to go off when the trigger isn’t completely pulled the rear. You’re perfectly fine with the gun firing even when you’ve only pulled the trigger half the distance it was intended to be pulled.
Not that simple. In a cold environment you might be wearing heavy gloves, insert your finger between the guard and the shoe and that could move the trigger .09 of an inch (2 mm). This is a silly debate, the freakin' gun shouldn't discharge without an intentional, full pull of the trigger.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!